ADVERTISEMENT

Region B: #3 Huguenot vs. #6 Powhatan

Who wins and why?

• Huguenot

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Powhatan

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
I don’t think Powhatan will beat them. I think it’ll be one of those 28-14 games. Huguenot has way too much speed and IMO, the game shouldn’t have been as close the first meeting.

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
I think you may be on to something @BoKnowsSports. Speed they have in abundance and their QB has a live arm. The majority of the Falcons close games and two losses were against very physical teams. In another posts you mentioned how big Huguenot's interior lines were. Did the Falcons big fellas struggle in these games or are they big and not physical? Huguenot is averaging 30 points a game, so that should be enough to win this game. Adjustments from the last game may be the key for both coaching staffs. I don't know enough about Coach Scott to doubt him or his staff. We all know how fundamentally sound Powhatan is, so I can see why people would lean towards the Indians. I will take Huguenot in another close game.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
When I watched the first meeting between these two, Huguenot held on every play. I thought Huguenot’s big boys were out of shape yet physical. When I saw them last week, they looked a lot better and actually saw a few more big bodies. Out of all of the teams in Region B that I’ve seen, they have the biggest line along with EV.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
@BoKnowsSports did you find out if Dabney is back at TB for the playoff run?

@HooSprings good question, I think a wet field might negatively effect Huguenot a little more.

I think Huguenot pulls it out but this is probably the closest game in week one region B.

wasnt it 2 years ago huguenot couldnt beat up their grandmother now all of a sudden they are giant killers. what happened there.

wasnt it 2 years ago huguenot couldnt beat up their grandmother now all of a sudden they are giant killers. what happened there.
They haven’t played but one good team all season, and as a matter fact, the one elite team they played, beat the brakes off of them. The score was definitely closer than the actual game was. Manchester ran it down their throat for 4 qtrs.

Reactions: General172011
They haven’t played but one good team all season, and as a matter fact, the one elite team they played, beat the brakes off of them. The score was definitely closer than the actual game was. Manchester ran it down their throat for 4 qtrs.
yeah but wasnt manchester supposed to run it down their throats. i mean i see them with a huge change in their record from 2 years ago and being picked to win games so what changed.

yeah but wasnt manchester supposed to run it down their throats. i mean i see them with a huge change in their record from 2 years ago and being picked to win games so what changed.
A boatload of transfers came from a private school along with their coach! That coupled with a weak schedule makes them look better than they actually are IMHO. A loss to Cosby late season proved that to me.

A boatload of transfers came from a private school along with their coach! That coupled with a weak schedule makes them look better than they actually are IMHO. A loss to Cosby late season proved that to me.
You speak when you haven’t seen any of these teams live. You can’t go off of hudl or NFHS either. Have you actually seen any of these teams you speak so strongly about play? I know the answer.

You speak when you haven’t seen any of these teams live. You can’t go off of hudl or NFHS either. Have you actually seen any of these teams you speak so strongly about play? I know the answer.
Actually,I HAVE seen them play LIVE! I saw Manchester vs Huguenot LIVE. I watched Cosby LIVE vs Powhatan. I watched LIVE GA vs TDale. 🤫 Don’t speak of what you have no clue about. I also saw the first half of GA vs Varina and Varina vs Freedom.

Dabney is out for season. He had over 200 yds rushing first game. They have a freshman(Randall) who will be a stud but can he establish the run game? I think Powhatan wins this one.

Reactions: mbonape1
Dabney is out for season. He had over 200 yds rushing first game. They have a freshman(Randall) who will be a stud but can he establish the run game? I think Powhatan wins this one.
Randall is going to be a real good one! He was outstanding at the 12 and under nationals.

Reactions: Johnny"football"
That's unfortunate to hear. Hopefully he recovers from whatever it is. The 1st game Powhatan stayed in 2 high safeties all game because they were worried about the speed factor. Huguenot had running lanes all night. I wonder if Powhatan feels more confident now since Huguenot didn't kill them through air and might try to stack the box this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnny"football"
John John is their feature back. 4.4 speed. Randall is another good one. As I’ve stated many times, this team is legit!

any idea what the injury was?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT