ADVERTISEMENT

Region B is set top four

Aug 11, 2014
That's a wrap (assuming no out of no where collapses).

1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Louisa
4. EV

Dinwiddie out power pointed Monacan again this week increasing the gap by another 4 points
Monacan lost ground (2 point) to Louisa, but that will be made up in the last week. Louisa plays a 2 win team versus the 5 win team Monacan plays. Also, Louisa OOD games will only get them 2 points in week 11, Chancellor is off and KG plays EV.

The race for the who will be 5-8 still looks alive...

A little tid bit about EV.. this years defense (the 1's) have only given up 20 points this year (may need to be verified?) and the most in 1 game is seven. Also, I would love to know the stat on how many first downs (not by penalty) they have given up. It has to be an avg of like 2 or 3. That's just a guess though.

I know the schedule is weak, but even in years past, the weak schedule has done better than that. I'm excited to see them tested.

Damn I thought you were going to school us on the 5-8 rankings and probable playoff seeds / outcomes after this week.

Reactions: OCBoy
That's a wrap (assuming no out of no where collapses).

1. Dinwiddie
2. Monacan
3. Louisa
4. EV

Dinwiddie out power pointed Monacan again this week increasing the gap by another 4 points
Monacan lost ground (2 point) to Louisa, but that will be made up in the last week. Louisa plays a 2 win team versus the 5 win team Monacan plays. Also, Louisa OOD games will only get them 2 points in week 11, Chancellor is off and KG plays EV.

The race for the who will be 5-8 still looks alive...

A little tid bit about EV.. this years defense (the 1's) have only given up 20 points this year (may need to be verified?) and the most in 1 game is seven. Also, I would love to know the stat on how many first downs (not by penalty) they have given up. It has to be an avg of like 2 or 3. That's just a guess though.

I know the schedule is weak, but even in years past, the weak schedule has done better than that. I'm excited to see them tested.
I read where coach Serbay of James Monroe was quoted as saying EV is one of the best teams he’s ever seen or seen in a long time. The playoffs will definitely be interesting

Reactions: mbonape1 and EVcyc
It's just coach speak. Chancellor's coach said in the FLS that Louisa will probably be playing in December. Of course I hope he and Serbay both end up being right.

I think Coach Serbay (33 years) doesn’t use such words loosely. For him to say the things he said about EV in the FLS speaks volumes. No offense to the first year Chancellor coach, but I take Serbay at his word.

No watching this the EV/JM game live. A few observations:

They are well coached!

There OL do a great job getting downfield and pulling outside. I saw several plays where there guards and tackles were outside the numbers going after JM corners and anyone else on their path. Now let me say, these OL are big! I would guess 290-310 range.

Do not kick the call to DAgo Hunter. He will make you pay! He’s not a multiple year First Team all-state for no reason.

Their QB has a good arm and has really good feet. He forced a few throws the other night in which he rarely has to. Throw it out of bounds and get the 1st down the next play with all the weapons.

The RB (Holmes I think) is a hand full. He certainly is a north south runner and looks to run over a kid rather than making a move.

The receivers are good as well. Again, Hunter who seems to get a lot of attention from DBs will always get his as they will ensure he gets his touches somehow. Thomas is a tall kid who can move. The other WRs are good and fast.

Their secondary is fast. Has good size. And all are ball hawks as Coach Serbay stated. And Hunter back at FS you better find him when throwing the ball. There corners are very good and have good size. King (#5 I think) is very good and physical. He had a pick the first play of the game and had some great hits.

I think Serbay said it best. They are just a well balanced team that do a good job st all three facets.

Now having said all this it’s still just words. And in a few weeks I will certainly be in Dinwiddie if these two teams square off.

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
I just read the article.
“Eastern View is the real deal,” Serbay said. “They’ve got speed, quickness... They’ve got all the ingredients for a good run in the state playoffs. They’re one of the best teams I’ve seen at this level.”

Compliments are fine. Hopefully the team doesn't pay any attention to them. The only compliments that are worth celebrating are the ones you get in December.

Reactions: mbonape1
I feel as though with all the hype surrounding the top four, we are due for at least 1 first round upset. I think PH is talented enough to do it and more battle tested than EV or Louisa. Courtland is also playing much better and could sneak up on EV or Louisa in a rematch.

I hope no one overlooks their 1st round matchup and sets us up for an epic pair of 2nd round games.

I feel as though with all the hype surrounding the top four, we are due for at least 1 first round upset. I think PH is talented enough to do it and more battle tested than EV or Louisa. Courtland is also playing much better and could sneak up on EV or Louisa in a rematch.

I hope no one overlooks their 1st round matchup and sets us up for an epic pair of 2nd round games.
Courtland is not good so them sneaking up on anyone is false. The teams they are beating at the tale end of the season should be beat the way Courtland is beating them. Louisa and EV would thump them all over again.

Last edited:

Don't be fooled.....Courtland's 2 best games this year were a 21-12 loss to Liberty and a 19-7 loss to Stafford. None of their recent victories indicate they are a better team now than they were a month ago.

Is that the Liberty team that lost to Kettle run, beat Sherando, lost to Millbrook by 8 and presently sits at #2 in the C region? That's the team Courtland hung with all game after Liberty took opening kickoff to the house if I remember right. Courtland must be a pretty decent team to have hung with Liberty, who beat Sherando, lost to kettle run and lost by 8 to Millbrook ;)

Reactions: mbonape1 and OCBoy
Is that the Liberty team that lost to Kettle run, beat Sherando, lost to Millbrook by 8 and presently sits at #2 in the C region? That's the team Courtland hung with all game after Liberty took opening kickoff to the house if I remember right. Courtland must be a pretty decent team to have hung with Liberty, who beat Sherando, lost to kettle run and lost by 8 to Millbrook ;)
Exactly.....I'm sure EV would welcome a first rd game with Courtland.

EV will play whoever. I guess what I was saying was more about EV schedule looking so easy yet the teams I mentioned are #1,2, 4, and 5 in the C region. I think Courtland would beat 2 of those teams right now. Courtland is well coached and they are tough physical kids. While watching the Liberty game I thought Courtland was the better team. The opening kickoff was taken back, but after that, those 2 teams were evenly matched.

Lol

Courtland may be improved but let’s be honest we already know they have ZERO chance against Louisa and EV unless they fielded a whole new team that we don’t know about. I think if Courtland was to upset Monacan or Dinwiddie it would have to be a Colosil collapse.

I just don’t see it. Maybe PHA has a chance but they are too inconsistent for my taste to go there. Let’s see what they do against LD this week and then ask me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT