ADVERTISEMENT

Region C Breakdown

hawknation92

VaPreps Varsity
Dec 16, 2005
1. Radford (10-0) 28.400
Have them winning remaining two games against Floyd and Carroll.
2. Gretna (8-2) 24.500
Have them beating Nelson, Chatham, and William Campbell.
3. Glenvar (8-2) 22.700
Have them beating James River, Floyd, and Carroll.
4. Appomattox (5-5) 21.400
Have them beating William Campbell and Dan River.
* Don't see much changing in these top four except major upset.They are all playing teams with losing records (exception of Chatham)so barring big upset I don't see much changing here except maybe a Ryder points or two that doesn't go as I predicted but no scenario would change order of top four barring upset.
5. Chatham (6-4) 18.600
Have them beating Dan River and losing to Gretna and Altavista. A win against Gretna or Altavista would still leave them in fifth at 20.400. Game against Dan River is big game for them this weekend. If they were to lose that game would drop to eighth in final points Also I have them only one point ahead of Patrick so one Ryder points change could flip fifth and sixth
6. Patrick (5-5) 18.500
Have them losing to Alleghany and beating James River. James River game could definitely go other way just my guess. If they lose to James River would drop to eighth and if Dan River won one game they would be out. So they not safely in.
7. Floyd (3-7) 17.700
Has rough schedule left and have them losing to Radford, Alleghany, and Glenvar. Have them solidly in seventh but could go to sixth if James River beats Patrick.
8. James River (3-7) 15.900
Have them losing to Glenvar, Alleghany, and Patrick. I got them in only one point of Dan River so will be close. A win puts them solidly in at seventh. A Dan River win or change in one Ryder points could put them out.
9. Dan River (3-7) 15.800
Have them losing to Chatham, William Campbell, and Appomattox. Have them only one point out so change in one Ryder points I have could put them in. A win would put them in at seventh or eighth.
10. Nelson (4-6) 15.600
Have them losing to Gretna and Altavista. Only three points out so could get a Ryder points difference and can make it in. Either way good job Governors. I know their wins come from very weak opponents but you have to start somewhere. They came within a score of beating Dan River and winning first district game in awhile. At least now they headed in better direction.
* Two main games to look at to shake up these standings are Chatham and Dan River this weekend and later Patrick and James River. Barring upsets I think these are the only two hard to call games that could change my standings. Also when I say difference in Ryder points I have predicted how their opponents will finish. Mostly you can look at three to four non district games to change points a little. If you beat both district opponents that are playing you getting two Ryder points no matter who wins so these games as far as predicting doesn't change much.

Hawk ! Thanks for that . But have a question? Gretna vs Chatham I am telling you I know appo put up a-lot of points and could have had more but Chatham is big and physical and Could be a surprise if taken lightly,hawks slip up would that change top 4 seeding any?

Last edited:
Hawk ! Thanks for that . But have a question? Gretna vs Chatham I am telling you I know appo put up a-lot of points and could have had more but Chatham is big and physical and Could be a surprise if taken lightly,hawks slip up would that change top 4 seeding any?
No it would put Gretna and Glenvar tight for third. It also could get Chatham to fourth though so you probably wouldn't want that. There is really no way past fourth for Appo.

The also had a good QB, RB and WR…our defense stepped it up in the 2nd half and Ivthink they got a bit winded. But you are right Stabler80…they have a big line and sound team.

Reactions: Stabler1980
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT