ADVERTISEMENT

Region C, Who finishes 6th and 7th???

DinwiddieProud

VaPreps All State
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2013
Class 4 Region C sends 6 teams to the playoffs. Who gets in at #6, and who just misses at #7th?

(Note, their is a weird set of circumstances that could expand Region C to 8 teams, but it is a very unlikely scenario).

Dominion Class 4 Region C Dulles 1457
Fauquier Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1279
John Handley Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1227
Heritage (Leesburg) Class 4 Region C Dulles 1354
Kettle Run Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1219
Liberty (Bealeton) Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1202
Loudoun County Class 4 Region C Dulles 1440
Loudoun Valley Class 4 Region C Dulles 1328
Millbrook Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1332
Park View (Sterling) Class 4 Region C Dulles 1412
Riverside Class 4 Region C Dulles 1309
Sherando Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1522
James Wood Class 4 Region C Northwestern 1284
Woodgrove Class 4 Region C Dulles 1519

Last edited:
I thought C was 8 and only D was 6. Am I wrong?

Yes I am, sorry. I'll edit the thread.

Last edited:
I thought C was 8 and only D was 6. Am I wrong?

Unless they've changed it for this season, Region C has six teams make the playoffs. At least one good team is going to be left out to dry this year, that's for sure. The region as a whole will be much improved over last year, and it's entirely possible that a two loss team will be left out depending how the points play out.

In no particular order, I could see any of these teams winning the region, and at least one of them won't make the playoffs:

Dominion
Woodgrove
Heritage
Kettle Run
Liberty
Sherando
Millbrook

Loudoun Valley had a decent team last year that scheduled themselves out of playoff contention and I think they're in the same situation this year. Their opening three games are against Martinsburg, Stone Bridge, and Sherando.

Sherando, Woodgrove, Kettle Run, Liberty are your top teams

Loudoun County HS is a legit threat if they figure some things out up front. They return a QB who threw for over 2,000 yards and some really explosive WR’s. Name to remember is Briar Woods transfer Joeseph Groves who is a junior. He could start on ANY team in Loudoun County on either side of the ball. LC did graduate their guys up front and lost a 1,300 yard TB who transferred to John Champe. Their is some upwards momentum in this program and their freshman team was really good last year.

Loudoun County HS is a legit threat if they figure some things out up front. They return a QB who threw for over 2,000 yards and some really explosive WR’s. Name to remember is Briar Woods transfer Joeseph Groves who is a junior. He could start on ANY team in Loudoun County on either side of the ball. LC did graduate their guys up front and lost a 1,300 yard TB who transferred to John Champe. Their is some upwards momentum in this program and their freshman team was really good last year.
Isn’t the old Handley coach at LC?

I’m going to go with Dominion at 8 and Loudoun County at 9 just missing out.
what position does Groves play on each side of the ball?

Yes Coach Rayburn and his staff have done a nice job rebuilding. Joeseph plays WR for the most part and safety. He went up to the Army showcase and won most valuable player on offense and defense.

Reactions: OCBoy and hamspear
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT