Who wins

• Glass

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • Jefferson Forrest

Votes: 18 34.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Glass winning this one unless Kendrick doesn’t play. Without him Glass will be one dementional. Once again it’s hard to beat a good team 2x

I heard that he was injured
I didn't see anything alarming happen during the Byrd game. He might have some aches and pains but no more than anyone else in week 13. I would be shocked if he didn't play in a playoff game.

Reactions: SFUWO
Could be wrong but I think there’s something going on with the ankle/foot. I haven’t watched it yet but apparently in the Byrd game his job was pretty to much to just hand the ball off or 1 step drop pass it.

Black and Blue Bowl 2.0

You saw the gameplans in the first meeting and glass took advantage of the matchups of our guy vs yours. QB-RB duo went off and accounted for majority of their yards and points and coasted to an enormous lead at half and extended it in the third. JF found some success late in the game with consistency and if they can capitalize on ground and pound and find a defense that works enough to stay off the field they can topple the toppers. This game could honestly go either way, history sides with the toppers but it’s difficult to beat a team twice. I predicted JF in a rout in the regular season and it backfired so I’ll pick JF close eeeking one out. Both teams will represent the SEMINOLE well and would be worthy of advancing both teams want their shot at Blacksburg again.

Black and Blue Bowl 2.0

You saw the gameplans in the first meeting and glass took advantage of the matchups of our guy vs yours. QB-RB duo went off and accounted for majority of their yards and points and coasted to an enormous lead at half and extended it in the third. JF found some success late in the game with consistency and if they can capitalize on ground and pound and find a defense that works enough to stay off the field they can topple the toppers. This game could honestly go either way, history sides with the toppers but it’s difficult to beat a team twice. I predicted JF in a rout in the regular season and it backfired so I’ll pick JF close eeeking one out. Both teams will represent the SEMINOLE well and would be worthy of advancing both teams want their shot at Blacksburg again.
On a side note, Pulaski will beat beat Blacksburg. I'm 2-0 picking upsets so far in the playoffs. Picked Liberty-Bedford over Spotswood and JF over Salem. Going to 3-0 after Friday.

On a side note, Pulaski will beat beat Blacksburg. I'm 2-0 picking upsets so far in the playoffs. Picked Liberty-Bedford over Spotswood and JF over Salem. Going to 3-0 after Friday.
I dont see any of these games as upsets. I also had Liberty winning along with Pulaski. It’s all about how they matchup with each other.

I gotcha that was clearly just rumor then.
I watched the Byrd film. Kendrick definitely did not look 100%. Clearly favoring that right ankle throughout, his cuts were nowhere near the same caliber as when he and foster throttled us. I hope for Dresean’s sake he is healed up, I hate seeing a team leader not be 100% in the playoffs.

I watched the Byrd film. Kendrick definitely did not look 100%. Clearly favoring that right ankle throughout, his cuts were nowhere near the same caliber as when he and foster throttled us. I hope for Dresean’s sake he is healed up, I hate seeing a team leader not be 100% in the playoffs.

Still should beat JF's defense... Cupit gonna play safety?

JF should not bank on Kendrick and Foster being sub par. Even if, what about the other offensive weapons that have emerged in the past 6 games (Horsley, Barnett, Woodruff, Hamilton, Creighead). Not to mention others that can make their presence felt. Still the main issue, can JF score, control the clock, and play solid D? If they can they will win it all. Only time (Saturday) will tell. I recall the quote from someone on this board, “if they don’t score, they can’t win.” I believe its a Salem fan who prides themself on that and I agree. D wins championships.

JF should not bank on Kendrick and Foster being sub par. Even if, what about the other offensive weapons that have emerged in the past 6 games (Horsley, Barnett, Woodruff, Hamilton, Creighead). Not to mention others that can make their presence felt. Still the main issue, can JF score, control the clock, and play solid D? If they can they will win it all. Only time (Saturday) will tell. I recall the quote from someone on this board, “if they don’t score, they can’t win.” I believe its a Salem fan who prides themself on that and I agree. D wins championships.
That is a quote from Willis White. I would use a spy on Kendrick if you can. Easier said than done. He is a stud

I wasn’t at all saying I expect them to be sub par or to take them lightly in any sort - they’re phenomenal athletes. I was just pointing out that it was, in fact, evident he favored his ankle some. He still played a solid game.

Reactions: SFUWO
I wasn’t at all saying I expect them to be sub par or to take them lightly in any sort - they’re phenomenal athletes. I was just pointing out that it was, in fact, evident he favored his ankle some. He still played a solid game.
Good luck to your boys tomorrow. It’s always hard to beat a good team 2x

Reactions: rainman17
Man.... I know this gets said every time a team is losing but this officiating..... pitiful. To be fair, JF has still had way too many legitimate penalties and mistakes... and would still be down right now. But goodness the first quarter officiating about had me about to jump out of my skin.

Reactions: wikki
Man.... I know this gets said every time a team is losing but this officiating..... pitiful. To be fair, JF has still had way too many legitimate penalties and mistakes... and would still be down right now. But goodness the first quarter officiating about had me about to jump out of my skin.
What was the problem with officiating? I was there and didn’t notice any ridiculous calls. Glass had several penalties too.

What was the problem with officiating? I was there and didn’t notice any ridiculous calls. Glass had several penalties too.
I know you were there, great view for ya too, huh? ;)

4-5 face masks that were never called. A 100% bogus pass interference call on a big play early on (there were two others, of course, that were 100% legit). Multiple neautral zone infractions that were never called. A punch thrown at our kids face.... nothing. It was just bad. Again, wouldn’t have affected the outcome of the game by much if any. But frustrating to see nonetheless. Also a ref yelled at one point to our sideline in which he used the word “rape” as a euphemism... definitely not okay.

They had a few missed calls but didn't see anything too bad. They really didn't have to call a pass interference call that was thrown 15 yards out of bounds but the JF defender really didn't have to tackle the receiver either.

Bottom line is JF has the worst defense in HS football. They couldn't have played worse. Zero stops. Not one. Zero. I don't blame the kids, they have the athletes to have a very solid defense. They put no pressure at all on the QB, who was practically motionless compared to how he plays normally. 3 down linemen are not going to stop any run. No blitzing, no pressure.

Reactions: Renaissance man
They had a few missed calls but didn't see anything too bad. They really didn't have to call a pass interference call that was thrown 15 yards out of bounds but the JF defender really didn't have to tackle the receiver either.

Bottom line is JF has the worst defense in HS football. They couldn't have played worse. Zero stops. Not one. Zero. I don't blame the kids, they have the athletes to have a very solid defense. They put no pressure at all on the QB, who was practically motionless compared to how he plays normally. 3 down linemen are not going to stop any run. No blitzing, no pressure.

Super false on much of that. Not worth going into though.

Here's a stat for you, in the 2 games Glass and JF played, JF defense stopped Glass twice. (both in the first game) Every possession they scored except 2....
I’m talking about saying we never sent any pressure, we have stellar defensive athletes, etc.... basically just implying it was all to blame on the schemes and play calling and you’re just wrong. Never argued that we did a good job of stopping them. Our D got throttled, but the reasons why... you’re way off on, literally have no clue. Anyway, folks that’s my retirement for this year! Enjoy, and best of luck to the teams still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT