ADVERTISEMENT

Region D #2 Glass (9-1) vs. #7 Byrd (7-3)

Who Wins?

• Glass

Votes: 39 90.7%
  • Byrd

Votes: 4 9.3%

• Total voters
Seems that Glass is the heavy favorite here. What needs to happen or what does Byrd have to do to pull off the "upset?"

Glass blew them out in the 1st round last year. It appears as if Glass is a little better this year, and Byrd isn't as good as last year. Unless there are a lot of turnovers, Glass should win this one without too much trouble.

Byrd has to not shoot themselves in the foot and they have to prevent the big play. If Byrd can do those 2 things I think they have a solid shot.

ByrdFan, this is off topic but who is the potential replacement for highfil after this season?

Byrd has to not shoot themselves in the foot and they have to prevent the big play. If Byrd can do those 2 things I think they have a solid shot.
What do you mean by "shoot themselves in the foot?" Penalties and turnovers I assume?

I saw the game last year, and even though the game wasn't close, Byrd did a good job limiting Glass' running game except for one play that was a 60 yd TD.

Its a tall order, but If Byrd can make Glass throw, they can make it a game. Coach Woody is doing something that he has not done at Glass, Open up the playbook. There are more formations, plays, and players defenses are having to account for now. There is more depth at the RB position. At the beginning of the year, it was just Ty, now they have found other guys that can be effective. Good luck haha

Byrd offense can't be one dimensional. Simple as that.

Reactions: VolNation85
I saw the game last year, and even though the game wasn't close, Byrd did a good job limiting Glass' running game except for one play that was a 60 yd TD.

Its a tall order, but If Byrd can make Glass throw, they can make it a game. Coach Woody is doing something that he has not done at Glass, Open up the playbook. There are more formations, plays, and players defenses are having to account for now. There is more depth at the RB position. At the beginning of the year, it was just Ty, now they have found other guys that can be effective. Good luck haha

Byrd offense can't be one dimensional. Simple as that.
Byrd's D-line was one of the best that Glass faced last year IMO. They pretty much shut-down the Glass run game last year. It will be interesting to see if Byrd can slow down the run game this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: lyhsports
Glass should be able to move the ball on the ground and through the air with RPO's . I just don't see the Terriers containing Kendrick. The key for Glass is can they stop Byrds running game. The wet conditions may give Byrd a better chance. The Hilltoppers are still my choice to come out of D, but they have to perform.

Byrd's D-line was one of the best that Glass faced last year IMO. They pretty much shut-down the Glass run game last year. It will be interesting to see if Byrd can slow down the run game this year.

They and Blacksburg gave Glass the biggest challence in the run game. Running game is more dynamic for Glass this year though.

Reactions: VolNation85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT