Regional Question

Most regions use a point system for seeding. For example, 3B uses:

9 pts for 4A-6A win
8 pts for 1A-3A win
0 pts for 1A-3A loss
1 pt for 4A loss
2 pts for 5A loss
3 pts for 6A loss

Divide your # of points gained, by number of games, you get a rating. Number of regional qualifying teams, format of tournament, etc. is decided by region.

Hope this helps.

Most regions use a point system for seeding. For example, 3B uses:

9 pts for 4A-6A win
8 pts for 1A-3A win
0 pts for 1A-3A loss
1 pt for 4A loss
2 pts for 5A loss
3 pts for 6A loss

Divide your # of points gained, by number of games, you get a rating. Number of regional qualifying teams, format of tournament, etc. is decided by region.

Hope this helps.

This helps a lot. Do all the regions in Class 4 use this, or does it vary?

Reactions: CarolineCav99
Spoke to the Courtland AD while I was at their game against Eastern View this afternoon. He talked about the point system mentioned above, and also told me that Class 4 Region B will be taking all 13 of its teams into the regional tourney. Could really make for some interesting March Madness-esque scenarios.
Anyone could come out of that region. Not too impressed with any team from region B to win it all though

I'm pretty sure Region D is taking all 12 of it's teams as well.

Yeah I believe so. I personally like the regions doing this, as it promotes more competition and that “March Madness” atmosphere. When you think about it, the teams that finish near the bottom of the power point standings and are seeded lower still must face the challenge of going on the road to the higher seed(s), so I think the trade-off of allowing all teams into the tourney versus rewarding the teams that had good regular seasons is fair and balanced.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Yeah I believe so. I personally like the regions doing this, as it promotes more competition and that “March Madness” atmosphere. When you think about it, the teams that finish near the bottom of the power point standings and are seeded lower still must face the challenge of going on the road to the higher seed(s), so I think the trade-off of allowing all teams into the tourney versus rewarding the teams that had good regular seasons is fair and balanced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT