ADVERTISEMENT

Regular season predictions

I dont even know what you are talking about. Even if what you are saying is 100% correct, the Blacksburg team had nothing to do with it. Do you think they should have said we dont want the call? I've never seen Blacksburg play, so them winning or losing has no effect on me.

There are always going to be bad calls, it happens to everyone. I have still never seen in all my years a call that cost a team a game, because one play doesnt make a game.

Still absolutely no reason to talk bad about a team, downplay what kids do, or a fan for having an opinion on his/her team.

As for the message below:

Bottom line unacceptable... I dont know what that has to do with me. I assume Gdub would be GW, and sure they are contenders, but dont know who HHS is that they walked the dog on as you said, and I dont know why that I was quoted there???

Hey big timer, gunz kind sir, the all star preps poster, no need for big timin’ folks. Your right, im sorry to offend you, but I’m a fan too, so don’t big time me, I’m just stating my opinion on an open public forum.

If you weren’t at the bburg ecg game then you wouldn’t know about the multiple bad calls would you? You are Right officials don’t win/lose a game but they sure can jack it up which they did. You are a VA Preps crime dawg; you keep policing. We appreciate it.

The Gdub quote wasn’t presented the right way. Only professional posters hook it up the right way. My apologies for it being attached some how to your thread. I Just stated that GW looked great in all phases vs hhs. On another note they should be in Preps top 5 easy.

Hey big timer, gunz kind sir, the all star preps poster, no need for big timin’ folks. Your right, im sorry to offend you, but I’m a fan too, so don’t big time me, I’m just stating my opinion on an open public forum.

If you weren’t at the bburg ecg game then you wouldn’t know about the multiple bad calls would you? You are Right officials don’t win/lose a game but they sure can jack it up which they did. You are a VA Preps crime dawg; you keep policing. We appreciate it.

The Gdub quote wasn’t presented the right way. Only professional posters hook it up the right way. My apologies for it being attached some how to your thread. I Just stated that GW looked great in all phases vs hhs. On another note they should be in Preps top 5 easy.

I believe you have missed the point kind sir. Have no issue with you disliking a team, I dislike some teams. But the team did nothing to you or your team, it was an official, so there is no need to disparage the team. Also have no issue with you having your opinion, but you attacked a poster for their opinion just to take a shot at the team from winning a game. Whether it was the right winner or not.

Do you think it would be right for someone to get on here and say your team only won a game because of a ref and they are lucky they have games at home, and they are average?

I believe you have missed the point kind sir. Have no issue with you disliking a team, I dislike some teams. But the team did nothing to you or your team, it was an official, so there is no need to disparage the team. Also have no issue with you having your opinion, but you attacked a poster for their opinion just to take a shot at the team from winning a game. Whether it was the right winner or not.

Do you think it would be right for someone to get on here and say your team only won a game because of a ref and they are lucky they have games at home, and they are average?

I said that bburg was the better team, mr. McGunz sir crime dawg. You ever watched 25 kids play the last 10 minutes of a their career when victory had been snatched from their hands due to a few bad calls? You’re right, I’m wrong. Refs never determine a game, because you would know. Again I question why I try to match wits with the likes of those who know so much.

You keep keepin us in check McGruff. From me to you, Thanks but no thanks. the trains a comin, bburg ain’t gon be on it, period unless Santa clause is there delivering presents

I said that bburg was the better team, mr. McGunz sir crime dawg. You ever watched 25 kids play the last 10 minutes of a their career when victory had been snatched from their hands due to a few bad calls? You’re right, I’m wrong. Refs never determine a game, because you would know. Again I question why I try to match wits with the likes of those who know so much.

You keep keepin us in check McGruff. From me to you, Thanks but no thanks. the trains a comin, bburg ain’t gon be on it, period unless Santa clause is there delivering presents
No, victory was snatched when Beck ran the receiver down and caused the fumble. Maybe one of the best defensive plays I’ve ever seen. Not saying Bburg will be in that situation this year.

Reactions: JOrndorff

Yes I have been in that position and it sucks. But I didn't feel the need to go after someone else because it happened.

Whatever, do and say whatever you want, if it turns into and argument or you say even more stuff, it's all good. Have at it

Salem 7-3
GW Danville 10-0
EC Glass 9-1
Amherst 6-4
Sherando 9-1
Jefferson Forest 7-3
Blacksburg 9-1
Charlottesville 7-3
Dinwiddie. 9-1
Pulaski 7-3

Add your predictions for other teams or disagree with mine
With 6-4 Amherst being above a few 7-3 predictions, I’m assuming you’re thinking they’ll upset somebody. Who do you think it’ll be? As far as the Seminole teams, I think your predictions look pretty good, that’s always a crazy district

No, victory was snatched when Beck ran the receiver down and caused the fumble. Maybe one of the best defensive plays I’ve ever seen. Not saying Bburg will be in that situation this year.
So true. This was a very close and competitive game until that play.

Southbottom, you have reminded us on numerous occassions that you are an educated man, so I know you are aware of the correct spelling of Dinwiddie! You and another Salem poster consistently/intentionally do this and its getting old.

With that being said Dinwiddie will likely be 7-3 and Salem 8-2 at the worst.

I'm with you Navy, I believe the Generals will be 7-3 at the worst, 8-2 at best...

Salem and Thomas Dale... That's it as long as the potential develops. That was the subject of my preview on them is they got potential but not a lot of experience at the varsity level.
I respect it. Personally, I don’t see Dinwiddie losing to Salem right now. Maybe if they meet in December. Won’t expect to see Salem hit their stride until October or November. Now I have no clue in what Dinwiddie brings back but I do know that Pope will be a lot for that Salem D to handle.

Not trying to be a negative Nellie, but I don't see Meadowbrook being a player at all in the Central District. Can they beat Dinwiddie? Sure can just don't think it will be this year. Hoos, you and I debate this every year and I sort of understand your logic, but the Dinwiddie vs. Dale rivalry goes deep. You never know who will win this game. History tells us Dale will win the next two years and the winning team will likely score less than 28 points. I do believe Dale has way more talent; however, I am not sure they are utilizing their athletes in the best fashion. Dinwiddie, very well could go 7-3.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
I see Dinwiddie as 10-0 again unless you really feel you've lost too much talent. I feel like your coaching and discipline can still win you every game, and Pope can will the team to wins. I'm just not a believer in Dale until they show me otherwise, mainly because of their offensive scheme and O line.

Last edited:
Reactions: blackknight_pride
That’s your opinion. That’s the same thing as you earning a F in class and saying the teacher just doesn’t you. Cop out.
No, I know things aren't always as they seem. I know the talent and potential. Not a cop out. Take for example the Browns and their preseason record, it certainly wasn't an indication of their season. Time will tell.

No, I know things aren't always as they seem. I know the talent and potential. Not a cop out. Take for example the Browns and their preseason record, it certainly wasn't an indication of their season. Time will tell.
Hey I can only go by with what I saw.

Question: In other words, you’re telling me that Salem did not even show up in the scrimmage and let Brookville do what they did to them? I’m not being a jackazz or sarcastic when I ask that.. I ask that because you say “I know things aren’t what they seem” which leads me to believe that you’re insinuating that the scrimmage was “thrown”.

Last edited:

Question: In other words, you’re telling me that Salem did not even show up in the scrimmage and let Brookville do what they did to them? I’m not being a jackazz or sarcastic when I ask that.. I ask that because you say “I know things aren’t what they seem” which leads me to believe that you’re insinuating that the scrimmage was “thrown”.

I don't think anyone throws a scrimmage. And I dont know what Salem or Brookville or anyone else did in a respective one, but its fact that teams approach them differently. Not to say it means nothing, because a viewer of it can take things away from it, and coaches certainly take things from it.

But people bragging about winning a scrimmage and using it to justify their superiority is silly in my opinion (not saying that is what is being done here).

Now one thing I dont understand is when people say "that isnt what we are going to do/run in real games." I have seen that statement before. That is ridiculous. That is saying the team is practicing things they aren't going to do just for a scrimmage, that would never happen.

Also @close2salem you act as if I did not give your Spartans credit. Again, I do not believe Salem beats Dinwiddie, not that Salem isn’t a good team. Here’s my reasoning..Dinwiddie will have the best collection of skill guys you will see during the regular season with Pope, Reese, Hawkins, and Tyre Dalton and that’s no disrespect to Blacksburg or Pulaski. Horton and Terry are remarkable guys but note.. I said collection. They will more than likely be too much for that young secondary. Now if this game was being played in October then it may be a different story, but September 7th?? I give the edge to Dinwiddie. Believe me, having a weaker secondary will kill a team when playing a disciplined (hence my team last year against Salem). Could Salem beat Dinwiddie, yep, but that’s just my assessment from what I saw last week. Has nothing to do with who I like and dislike. My creditability means way more than that.

No, not thrown! Salem doesn't prepare for scrimmages like games. Players are being tested at positions. Scrimmages are a time to learn. What you see in a scrimmage may not translate to a future competition. Don't get me wrong, Salem has some struggles in the scrimmage, but I would never make a prediction based upon a scrimmage performance.

Also @close2salem you act as if I did not give your Spartans credit. Again, I do not believe Salem beats Dinwiddie, not that Salem isn’t a good team. Here’s my reasoning..Dinwiddie will have the best collection of skill guys you will see during the regular season with Pope, Reese, Hawkins, and Tyre Dalton and that’s no disrespect to Blacksburg or Pulaski. Horton and Terry are remarkable guys but note.. I said collection. They may be too much for that young secondary. Believe me, having a weaker secondary will kill a team when playing a disciplined (hence my team last year against Salem). Could Salem beat Dinwiddie, yep, but that’s just my assessment. Has nothing to do with who I like and dislike. My creditability means way more than that.

I dont understand why losing to Dinwiddie, or the thought of it, should be looked at as insulting to any team. They are a top program, and if they do beat Salem, it doesn't determine Salems ability for their ultimate goal, a championship. They proved that last year.

No, not thrown! Salem doesn't prepare for scrimmages like games. Players are being tested at positions. Scrimmages are a time to learn. What you see in a scrimmage may not translate to a future competition. Don't get me wrong, Salem has some struggles in the scrimmage, but I would never make a prediction based upon a scrimmage performance.
And when I say it may not translate, I don't mean plays...I mean players in positions

You only live up to your highest expe
I dont understand why losing to Dinwiddie, or the thought of it, should be looked at as insulting to any team. They are a top program, and if they do beat Salem, it doesn't determine Salems ability for their ultimate goal, a championship. They proved that last year.
It's not insulting, but scrimmages aren't good measuring sticks.

Me neither. Also, You and I both know that it is stupid to count any Salem team out. Too many factors play into to their success to just say “they lack experience” or “they lack speed”. I say that as a compliment because we all know that if 25 players come out for their team, they’ll be the best coached 25 in the state. They’ll win games regardless.

Reactions: mbonape1
I have said since the end of last year that Salem will be down this year. 7-3 is about right I do think they will improve baring injuries and be very dangerous come playoff time.

You only live up to your highest expe

It's not insulting, but scrimmages aren't good measuring sticks.
I would agree scrimmages are just a little more formal practice. Players are changed constantly, no kicking or punt teams, starters are mixed with second/ third stringers, etc. Lafayette has rarely looked imposing in scrimmages. That’s not the intent. The purpose is to find the right starters and find a little rhythm while not tipping the hand too much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT