ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands vs Appomattox

Who wins

• Appo

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • Richlands

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Game day is here, good luck to everyone and safe travels. Pray noone gets hurt and looking to see if this year's game will be as good as last years. Go Raiders PO1

Reactions: oldfool
I pick Appomattox 35-31 I think Richlands passing game will provide trouble for the Raiders secondary but Raiders force 2 turnovers that makes the difference. Good luck to both safe travels to everyone and may these young warriors have the game of their lives.

I told yall, ya not going to get away with that jump ball crap with appomattox. SMH, our DB are better, faster, and jump just as high as yall do.

I will not stoop to this level and havent.

Congratulations to Appomattox. What a great team and a great run. The far better team won today and from this Richlands fan...CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WELL DESERVED!!!!

It was a hard fought game by both sides. Good job Richlands but the Raiders were not going to be denied. I have seen a lot of football through the years and this group of Raiders had a great combination of speed, size and most of all a great desire to play for each other. This was truly a team of one. Great job Raiders PO1

Stoop to what level dude, smh? I made that post 3rd qtr. That is not trash talk, that's just calling it before the game like I see it. Y'all was on here saying how many jump balls y'all was gonna catch. I told u it won't gonna happen with Appo. Anyways, stay safe going home and I wish ya program the best.

I'm not convinced SR will beat Blacksburg. The Bruins have found the right time to peak. They just convincingly best Phoebus. If they can play disciplined defense, they have a very real shot at winning that game. Their offense will put points up against a SR team who has allowed some points this postseason.
Good call there...

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Stoop to what level dude, smh? I made that post 3rd qtr. That is not trash talk, that's just calling it before the game like I see it. Y'all was on here saying how many jump balls y'all was gonna catch. I told u it won't gonna happen with Appo. Anyways, stay safe going home and I wish ya program the best.
I don't recall any Richlands fan saying we were gonna catch a bunch of jump balls. In fact, we only tried 2. One Ball won the battle with a nice 1 handed catch but Graves had good awareness to push him out of bounds in the air. The other was an under thrown pass to Ball that Graves picked off. Most Richlands fans knew we weren't gonna try to test Graves much. That's not the matchup you want.

Also, why lie? You wish our program the best? Your comments on here and especially on Facebook hardly reflect that. I've yet to see a Richlands fan on here or on SWVASports NOT congratulate Appo. Simply a better team. But let's be real, you hate us. Just admit it.

I don't recall any Richlands fan saying we were gonna catch a bunch of jump balls. In fact, we only tried 2. One Ball won the battle with a nice 1 handed catch but Graves had good awareness to push him out of bounds in the air. The other was an under thrown pass to Ball that Graves picked off. Most Richlands fans knew we weren't gonna try to test Graves much. That's not the matchup you want.

Also, why lie? You wish our program the best? Your comments on here and especially on Facebook hardly reflect that. I've yet to see a Richlands fan on here or on SWVASports NOT congratulate Appo. Simply a better team. But let's be real, you hate us. Just admit it.

Ryan your nothing but a loud mouth little brat. You think you support your team but all you do is bring disgrace to your team. Makes me sick your a student at VT a school I love so much.

Ryan your nothing but a loud mouth little brat. You think you support your team but all you do is bring disgrace to your team. Makes me sick your a student at VT a school I love so much.
Not gonna stoop to your level. Congrats on the title. Truly the best team in 2A without question. God bless to you and yours and a merry Christmas.

Listen Ryan, I forgot to address this. I actually applaud your fan base. There are not many schools around Central, NOVA or East VA that have that kind of fanbase. SWVA is awesome and taught me so much with the support you have for yalls teams down that way. Now do I hear rumors and have I spoke with people that know about the ways of acquiring players, yes and some of them people were from Richlands. This is the only thing I have against Richlands. I know I have heard you address it in the past, but I know kids are going to go somewhere to get a better opportunity. I heard the zoning is an issue. The school boards is always fighting to get best athletes (not just Richlands, many schools down there). Other than that, I praise your coaching for adapting to the players he has on team. This is something I say Coach Smith does as well. In other words, yall had JLA, great job at using him to his strengths. Yall had athletes to use at WR as well. He is a great coach. So yep, if I knew without a shadow of a doubt there wasnt some shifting on athletes down that way the right way, I actually wouldnt have anything to gripe about. I also love the money going into the sports program. State championships do that. Yall have a winning tradition and that is what Appomattox is still trying to accomplish. We are new to what yall already have. Great job at building that program, you should be proud as I know you are.
JUST FYI, Dan River best basketball athlete shifted to GW Danville this year and he wanted to play for them this bball season. I just got word that he transferred to late and his school board wasnt having it. This means he will not get to play his Senior season. Sad, very sad, this kid was good. I just wish all schools was held to a higher accountability. @MascotMemorizer can clue us in on what exactly happened. I heard about this at a playoff game.

I dont recall saying nothing on FB about Richlands other than posting the vid with the Chandler B kid and the hype vid. I didnt see nothing wrong with the vid after i found out he didnt say "PS by the way we got Coach Smith balls..." After the correction by his mother, I didnt see nothing wrong. It was a kid hyping up his team.

I don't recall any Richlands fan saying we were gonna catch a bunch of jump balls

Okay, i apologize for using "crap," I know that might have been a little rough but it was in the heat of the game when I wrote that post and I was hype. Should have said "stuff." Anyways, Im not going to shift through all these threads looking for how many times i read that Ball was going to get some jumpballs, and I think you if i remember said it in reply to me that Ball roasted us last year with them. I might be wrong on that one. I know some of you did on here.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT