ADVERTISEMENT

Richlands vs Appomattox

Who wins

• Appo

Votes: 62 84.9%
  • Richlands

Votes: 11 15.1%

• Total voters
Act like a thug and get what you deserve....maybe he will think twice before that again...when you make millions maybe you can do that....falls back on coaching!
Where my Appo guys at? @Kimosabe5 @Hburghokie, @Stabler1980, @AppoCrazy (u been quiet lately), @nctarheel, @oldfool, @OldSchoolRaider (u wasnt at the appropriate place at 1PM)
Enjoyed kicking it with yall at the sports lounge today for the ones that joined in.
Lets get hype for this game!

Too bad Im not gonna make it. My son bought me Washington Wizards tickets a month ago. I told him I never been to NBA game. He bought them for me and the wife not thinking it was state championship day. its gonna be a special day for me regardless cause it will be my 1st NBA game and I have been a fan of Wizards since 91'. Im going to keep up with it on social media though.

May the best team win! Congrats to Richlands for making it to the big show again. Congrats to Goochland and Draft for having a good season and yall wil be back on top soon. Draft definately proved the East isnt as weak as everyone thinks. BELIEVE ME, I am someone that says yall have the goods to give us a good fight. Yall pass and run. The difference in last year and this year is last year, Appo had to earn respect throughout the season. This year, they had it from day 1. Yall have ya chance December 10th to prove everyone wrong just as we had to do last year.

Well, some fan you are! :p:D:eek::rolleyes: Inside joke folks, no need to get mad.

Ya know what, I'm done sitting back and not defending those boys with the Lightning R on their helmets.

Yeah, Appomattox is good. Very good. But so is Richlands. There's no team that Appo wanted to face less than Richlands. We were the team who put the fear of God in them last year.

You Appo fans have said it all along, "No running team is going to beat Appomatox." I guess it's a damn good thing we aren't a running them then.

The chink in the armor is the pass defense. You know it. We know it. Outside of Graves, your secondary are shorter. Even if Howie doesn't win this appeal, Ball is 6'4 and ate Appo alive on jump balls last year. The kid has hops and that comes from his ability in basketball.

Collins had a field day last year in the slot. Booker will do the same. Horn is 6'2 and also a prolific basketball player. Just because 11 may not be in the field doesn't mean this team has given up.

They read every word you guys say. It's by all posted in their locker room. This is unfinished business to them. They want this one more than anything. Richlands hand wrapped a state title to Appomattox last year and everyone knows it.

Come at me. Blast me I don't give a $hit. I BELIEVE in this team and their resolve to win. Appomattox is going to get a game.

If Appomattox wins, I'll be the first to congratulate them. But I have faith in Mance and our staff that they know what to do to #BeatAppomattox.

See y'all Saturday.

GO BLUE. THE STORM IS COMING!

Ya know what, I'm done sitting back and not defending those boys with the Lightning R on their helmets.

Yeah, Appomattox is good. Very good. But so is Richlands. There's no team that Appo wanted to face less than Richlands. We were the team who put the fear of God in them last year.

You Appo fans have said it all along, "No running team is going to beat Appomatox." I guess it's a damn good thing we aren't a running them then.

The chink in the armor is the pass defense. You know it. We know it. Outside of Graves, your secondary are shorter. Even if Howie doesn't win this appeal, Ball is 6'4 and ate Appo alive on jump balls last year. The kid has hops and that comes from his ability in basketball.

Collins had a field day last year in the slot. Booker will do the same. Horn is 6'2 and also a prolific basketball player. Just because 11 may not be in the field doesn't mean this team has given up.

They read every word you guys say. It's by all posted in their locker room. This is unfinished business to them. They want this one more than anything. Richlands hand wrapped a state title to Appomattox last year and everyone knows it.

Come at me. Blast me I don't give a $hit. I BELIEVE in this team and their resolve to win. Appomattox is going to get a game.

If Appomattox wins, I'll be the first to congratulate them. But I have faith in Mance and our staff that they know what to do to #BeatAppomattox.

See y'all Saturday.

Well RyanforVt I think you have a point.Appomattox hasn't been forced to defend a legit passing attack thus far and I think Richlands can expose a few things. On the other hand I think Richlands will turn the ball over a few times and that could seal their fate. I think the fact they faced JL last year will help with preparation for the pass and I can see them forcing JL to throw under pressure. If not this could turn into a shoot out because I don't believe Richlands has faced an offense as good as Appomattox either. I see a serious chess taking place. I will say this Appomattox won last year because of Deuce ability to pass from behind. If they go down 21-7 this year I don't know if they can put that burden on this young QB. I may get bashed too but I think the match up favors Richlands passing attack. Pulling for the Raiders but I can see their remarkable run in jeopardy come Saturday. Hope I'm wrong I love/hate Appomattox football but they are the step brothers we don't nobody to beat but us.

Last edited:

See y'all Saturday.

Here we go again, someone trying to state that their team had more to do with Appo winning a title then Appo themselves did. When will it end? Pump your team up, have confidence that they will win, I can't fault you for that, but please, don't state that you "hand wrapped them a state title", that's just ignorant. This game is even getting more intense. Is it Saturday yet!? :D:D

Here we go again, someone trying to state that their team had more to do with Appo winning a title then Appo themselves did. When will it end? Pump your team up, have confidence that they will win, I can't fault you for that, but please, don't state that you "hand wrapped them a state title", that's just ignorant. This game is even getting more intense. Is it Saturday yet!? :D:D
Were you there? We led by 15 with 7 minutes to go and reverted to a soft prevent defense and went too conservative on offense. Our defense shut Appo out for 40 minutes. They didn't cross the 50, if I recall correctly, until the 4th quarter. Credit to Appo for making the plays necessary to capitalize l when we decided to play not to lose instead of play to win. You go right ahead and think I'm ignorant. But the state title was won in November last year, and everyone who knows high school football knows it.

They were the two best teams in the state last year. They are the two best teams in the state this year. At least the game's in the right spot this year.

You right Gator nobody hand wrapped them nothing. We had the ball 1st and goal at their 1yrd line 5 times and only got 7 out of it. Difference between home field and travelling if we punch 2 of those in but they showed champion defense, kept us out and won in overtime. They could've folded after going down 21-7 to Richlands but showed they could win with their QB passing too so I think they took the title last year.

See y'all Saturday.

well I guess they can post your write up if they want to get fired up. I said it 2 weeks ago and I will say it again, Richlands has Appo's attention. I watched them play Graham and said then they will give us a good game. Last year was a fun game to watch and I am looking for another good one this year.

Last edited:
Were you there? We led by 15 with 7 minutes to go and reverted to a soft prevent defense and went too conservative on offense. Our defense shut Appo out for 40 minutes. They didn't cross the 50, if I recall correctly, until the 4th quarter. Credit to Appo for making the plays necessary to capitalize l when we decided to play not to lose instead of play to win. You go right ahead and think I'm ignorant. But the state title was won in November last year, and everyone who knows high school football knows it.

They were the two best teams in the state last year. They are the two best teams in the state this year. At least the game's in the right spot this year.
were you there? Appo fumbled twice inside the 5 in first half. If they hadn't done that you would have been chasing them all game. This can go both ways you know.

Our defense shut Appo out for 40 minutes. They didn't cross the 50, if I recall correctly, until the 4th quarter.

I thought Ryan stated Appo didn't cross the 50 until the 4th quarter??

Dude, NO ONE hand wrapped anything to Appo last year or this year.
You're right. No one handwrapped the game and handed it to Appo. Appo made all the plays they needed to down the stretch, while Richlands didn't. However, that doesn't stop the players in Richlands from FEELING like they gave it away. The blown coverage on a 4th and 10 with 5 minutes to play helped contribute to the loss. If they stopped Appo then, more than likely the game was over. Same story with the 2 point conversion. In truth, Richlands didn't hand them the win anymore than Stuarts Draft handed Richlands the win on Saturday. Appo rose to championship level play and Richlands didn't match it. But the Richlands players can't be blamed for feeling like they gave the game away.

Reactions: 2027
You're right. No one handwrapped the game and handed it to Appo. Appo made all the plays they needed to down the stretch, while Richlands didn't. However, that doesn't stop the players in Richlands from FEELING like they gave it away. The blown coverage on a 4th and 10 with 5 minutes to play helped contribute to the loss. If they stopped Appo then, more than likely the game was over. Same story with the 2 point conversion. In truth, Richlands didn't hand them the win anymore than Stuarts Draft handed Richlands the win on Saturday. Appo rose to championship level play and Richlands didn't match it. But the Richlands players can't be blamed for feeling like they gave the game away.

Very well said. Kudos man.

I thought Ryan stated Appo didn't cross the 50 until the 4th quarter??[/QUOT
You would be correct Stormwatcher, it was one heck of a game that I thoroughly enjoyed and I do believe I would have said the same thing if Appo had lost as I believe it was the best game I have ever witnessed live. So many emotions from both sides all through the game. Both teams made plays and both teams missed on opportunities but in the end everyone witnessed one heck of a game.

Like I said, if I recall correctly. That was 15 games ago. My apologies. Everyone is wrong at one time or another.

You knew all the stats from Richland's players for that day, and you were pretty accurate with how much Appo was down with how much time was left (actually they were down by 14 with about 6 minutes left), yet you seem to forget those pesky fumbles that Appo had inside the RedZone. Appo was up 7-0 after the 1st quarter and without those 2 fumbles they would have been up 21-7 at Half. I know it happened a while ago, but let's not conveniently forget pivotal points to the game that didn't benefit your team, boss. :):)

You knew all the stats from Richland's players for that day, and you were pretty accurate with how much Appo was down with how much time was left (actually they were down by 14 with about 6 minutes left), yet you seem to forget those pesky fumbles that Appo had inside the RedZone. Appo was up 7-0 after the 1st quarter and without those 2 fumbles they would have been up 21-7 at Half. I know it happened a while ago, but let's not conveniently forget pivotal points to the game that didn't benefit your team, boss. :):)

I've got other things on my mind, boss. Of course I remember the final 7 minutes. I don't remember much of the first half aside the Blankenship fumble that gave Appo 7 free points. Excuse me for not remembering every detail from a game over a year ago when I'm in the middle of finals week at VT and just proposed to my girlfriend. That game last year isn't exactly the freshest thing on my mind. But please, go ahead and act all high and mighty and find some way to look down on me.

I've got other things on my mind, boss. Of course I remember the final 7 minutes. I don't remember much of the first half aside the Blankenship fumble that gave Appo 7 free points. Excuse me for not remembering every detail from a game over a year ago when I'm in the middle of finals week at VT and just proposed to my girlfriend. That game last year isn't exactly the freshest thing on my mind. But please, go ahead and act all high and mighty and find some way to look down on me.

Congrats on the engagement and nice choice on the VT selection (that's my alma mater). I'm not trying to act "high and mighty", but I did find it odd that you remembered a lot from the game, I would think those 2 fumbles were pretty big drive starters for Richlands, maybe not though. Nonetheless, good luck with finals and again, congrats on the engagement. Saturday should be entertaining.

congrats, hope your exams go well. it's all good, Believe me both teams have alot of respect for each other. Go Hokies

Well.....Did she say yes? Don't keep us in suspense man!

Hey guy's do each other a favor and just chill and let the boy's play the game. I got wrapped up in it and now I am eating my humble pie! LOL Yall both have awesome programs and I hope the best for both teams (although now that my team got thumped by Appo I gotta pull for them). Try to enjoy this time because I must admit I got ate up with it last week and it effected a lot of conversations at home because even my son and our players got wrapped up in it. It will be neat to see Richlands with their strong passing game take on the best well rounded team that defense flat out flies to the ball no matter where it is go head to head. One observation I will make is when you make a mistake and give up a turn over Appo will capitalize on it every time with authority. Was glad to see my son actually catch his first TD this year against Appo since well we know Goochland doesn't throw the ball much. Seriously good luck to both and be safe and have a happy holidays. I think I will still be eating humble pie till Jan 2nd LMAO. Take care!

So I have not been on for about five days so I had to read all the post, pretty comical I must say. As I stated before and lots have had to chance to agree with me now, Appo is way better then anyone in 2A. I'm a Richlands fan now due to Coach being a Giles boy but I'm also realistic. Poster from Richlands stated he looks for a close game due to Appo not seeing a passing attack like Richlands. Maybe so but Richlands has not seen a secondary as fast and athletic as Appo. Drop back to pass every play with no threat of running game, I say very long day for the QB. I took vacation day to attend so hope to see a close game. Unfortunately I don't look for it to be close at all.

Reactions: Hburghokie
I think a lot of Ryan and agree with him much more than I don't, but in this one instance I have to say that I agree with stormwatcher more than I do Ryan. Ryan absolutely loves his Blues ( as I do ) and I think he just got tired of hearing how some were saying that nobody can beat Appo. That may or may not be true, it has been so far that is for sure.
I do think that when we had the lead with 6 mins to go , that we started to play not to lose instead of continuing to do what got us the lead, but you have to give Appo all the credit for making the plays they had to make to win the game.
We still had a chance to win in overtime but came up short and again give Appo the credit for making the plays they needed to win.
But I do love the kids from Richlands and believe in them and the coaches. If ONE team in AA has a chance to beat Appo, then it is a team with the coaching and passing ability of this Blues team.
But I do think that Appo is the number one team in the state for a reason and the blues are the underdogs for a reason.
There have been several teams that thought they could beat Appo and all have been sent home with a loss, but if any team can find a way to win, it is the blues and they showed that they are capable of playing with and possibly beating them last year
But last year is last year and both teams are a little different this year.
This blues team is one that will play hard from start to finish as they showed last week and I'm sure Appo will play hard the whole game too. You don't get to this point of the season by not playing hard !
It should be a good game and a lot of fun to watch. Good luck to both teams and fan bases !
The winner of this game will truly earn their state championship !

Appomattox has best defense I have seen this season. Raiders will be fastest team Richlands has seen. I don't think this game will be close.

coachricky, you have a lot to be proud of with your son! Really glad he has another year! He is a beast on the field!
Thank you very much. He gives his all and loves his teammates and coaches. Best move we ever made was moving to Goochland and joining the program. Win or lose our coaches do a fine job teaching the game and getting kids ready for the next level of life whether it's on the field, classroom or work force.

Reactions: G-DOG2
Transfers are so common now. I would think there are very few teams that hasnt gotten at least 1 transfer in the last 4 yrs unless theyre just really struggling. A lot of teams just arent open about it as some. Richlands has them along with Graham, Giles, Hurley, Union, Bluefield, and Virginia High. Thats just the ones i know of locally. Yet Richlands is the only school i see brought up because theyre so consistent and are usually in the spotlight. Theyve won with them and theyve won without them. I believe its time to stop with the transfer talk because if youre playing a football game, chances are youre playing against a transfer.
You are right LTF, Appo will line up every down on ,D and Special Teams and play the 11 across from them regardless. My only comment was parents transfer kids into successful programs and coach's /fans recruit players as well.I am sure other teams do it as we

See y'all Saturday.

We very much respect the Richlands program ;Coaches, players and fans. The Richlands QB is very,very good as are your WR's... . I do hope we are able to play with you guys.
It seems to me we did pretty good against you guy's in this year's 7 on 7 which as you know is QB,WR,LB's & DB's but really not football since you don't hit.

I think we are very much improved on our defensive line than last year- I 'll just leave it there. We all hope it will be a good game and hope you get #11 back so we get your best on Saturday. You talk about Coach Mance a lot and rightfully so, but we happen to also have a couple pretty decent coaches on our sideline as well who have been working hard since Friday Night in preparation for the Finals.

I'll let you in on a couple secrets about our team...First , our players know about these boards but don't pay any attention to them because they know none of us are going to be suiting up and lining up against them- they could care less what 20-60 year olds are saying...they are talking to the real players on Twittter, so talk on -we aren't posting anything in our locker room about you or Richlands...we post things that We individually and as a team need to do to make us better. Posting trash talk from blank faces takes focus away from important things.

Secondly, we have 21 Seniors who love big games almost as much as they love each other(and they would kill for each other). They have been playing with and for each other since they were about 6-7 years old. I can't and wouldn't try to predict who wins or loses, but the Raiders are going to show up and leave it all on the field for each other ...that I can guarantee you 1000%. Safe travels and EVERYONE in Raider Nation is looking forward to Saturday as much as the Tornado's!

Im a Appo fan to the fullest, my nephew was the QB last year, I would love to play Richlands at their highest level... BUT, of #11 Howie cant control himself by hrad butting then he needs to be disciplined. How are u to teach a kid if not. Thats not gonna fly at the next level.... I look at it this way, one of Richlands best players may not play and our #6 Trey, (someone else has his numer on now, dont know why) BUT, his ankle is broke so he WON'T play. So I believe its a even slate if both cant play.... #BEL1EVE #PO1 #OurGameHosGlory

You've literally posted that 3 times now...

Im a Appo fan to the fullest, my nephew was the QB last year, I would love to play Richlands at their highest level... BUT, of #11 Howie cant control himself by hrad butting then he needs to be disciplined. How are u to teach a kid if not. Thats not gonna fly at the next level.... I look at it this way, one of Richlands best players may not play and our #6 Trey, (someone else has his numer on now, dont know why) BUT, his ankle is broke so he WON'T play. So I believe its a even slate if both cant play.... #BEL1EVE #PO1 #OurGameHosGlory

Post it one more time so everyone sees it

Reactions: Mikey97 and Ryan4VT
I think a lot of Ryan and agree with him much more than I don't, but in this one instance I have to say that I agree with stormwatcher more than I do Ryan. Ryan absolutely loves his Blues ( as I do ) and I think he just got tired of hearing how some were saying that nobody can beat Appo. That may or may not be true, it has been so far that is for sure.
I do think that when we had the lead with 6 mins to go , that we started to play not to lose instead of continuing to do what got us the lead, but you have to give Appo all the credit for making the plays they had to make to win the game.
We still had a chance to win in overtime but came up short and again give Appo the credit for making the plays they needed to win.
But I do love the kids from Richlands and believe in them and the coaches. If ONE team in AA has a chance to beat Appo, then it is a team with the coaching and passing ability of this Blues team.
But I do think that Appo is the number one team in the state for a reason and the blues are the underdogs for a reason.
There have been several teams that thought they could beat Appo and all have been sent home with a loss, but if any team can find a way to win, it is the blues and they showed that they are capable of playing with and possibly beating them last year
But last year is last year and both teams are a little different this year.
This blues team is one that will play hard from start to finish as they showed last week and I'm sure Appo will play hard the whole game too. You don't get to this point of the season by not playing hard !
It should be a good game and a lot of fun to watch. Good luck to both teams and fan bases !
The winner of this game will truly earn their state championship !

Yep. I'm just tired of hearing that a team can't possibly be beat. No team is invincible. I've seen our boys called thugs. I've seen people say we are the most disrespectful team they've seen. I've seen people who have never spoken a word to Greg Mance question him personally and say that he doesn't have control of his team. I'm just tired of sitting back and letting others talk about kids and coaches they literally don't know. I know them. Many Richlands fans know them. If that makes me a villain, so be it. I'm well respected on my "home" board. I show respect to those who give respect. Paint me now you want to paint me on here. I can handle it. But I won't sit back and keep silent when others are criticizing a team they don't know.

Reactions: obguthr
Yep. I'm just tired of hearing that a team can't possibly be beat. No team is invincible. I've seen our boys called thugs. I've seen people say we are the most disrespectful team they've seen. I've seen people who have never spoken a word to Greg Mance question him personally and say that he doesn't have control of his team. I'm just tired of sitting back and letting others talk about kids and coaches they literally don't know. I know them. Many Richlands fans know them. If that makes me a villain, so be it. I'm well respected on my "home" board. I show respect to those who give respect. Paint me now you want to paint me on here. I can handle it. But I won't sit back and keep silent when others are criticizing a team they don't know.

I think people believe that Appo is unbeatable, kind of the same way Bama is playing this year. Of course no one is downing you for wanting your team to win, just a lot of people don't see it happening. Now onto the "thug" stuff. NO ONE on Richlands was called a "thug" until AFTER two unsportsmanlike penalty flags were thrown against him. I personally believe that the term "thug" was a little excessive, but I do agree that his actions (as described) were out of control. Now onto Mance, a lot of people used the theory, "Action reflects leadership", and thus associated the actions of the Richland's player (#11) with the leadership of Coach Mance. I don't know if it's fair or not, I tend to see both sides of the coin. Coaches can't control 100% of all actions players conduct, yet I do agree that Coaches after the fact can prove points and stand for something greater than a win. I do understand that winning is the only thing that matters in today's age and people can be fired for coming up short, so I can see Mance's view from there as well. I don't think ANYONE called out Richland's players until after the events. No one was going around the message board trying to talk trash about Richland's players or coaches, they did, indeed, state how they felt after the actions of the Coach and Player were conducted. I have seen people stating "No one is going to beat Appo", I can see how you would get on here and state why you believe Richlands can beat Appo, but trying to call people out for having an opinion about a Player and a Coach AFTER seeing how they acted on the field is a little ridiculous.

I saw many people say Graham was just as fast as Appomattox. If that is true, and we'll never know, then Richlands has seen "comparable" speed two times this year.
I have seen graham and the speed is not even close. Graham has 2 may be 3 with good speed. Appo has 8 to 9 on the field and about 3 to 4 others waiting on the sideline. Having said that, I do think this will be a good game. I like all of your WR's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT