ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region 4A Playoff Picture

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
For a second straight week only three teams from the Richmond Region are presently in the playoffs; Hanover, Monacan and Dinwiddie.

Hanover would currently host the #7 seeded Louisa Lions
Dinwiddie and Monacan would face off in another matchup.

Hanover despite a loss to Lee-Davis is currently a 2nd seed, over the course of four weeks they have bounced between the 2nd and 4th seed.

Monacan remains at the 3rd seed and over the past four weeks they have been as high as the 2nd seed and as low as the 4th seed.

Dinwiddie remains in the six spot just as they have been for four weeks now.

So where will they finish?

Dinwiddie finishes at Petersburg and at home against a Meadowbrook team that will have a lot to play for in that final game. I don't know what to make of that final one, Meadowbrook just knocked off Thomas Dale so you cannot rule out Meadowbrook in this one. Regardless, if the Generals finish 1-1 or even 2-0 they could move up to the 5th seed with some help but getting to the top four take some losses from those ahead of them. So the 6th spot where they have been stuck at for four weeks feels very realistic.

Monacan hosts Manchester in their finale this week and this game could go either way... IF they lose I think they stay in the 3rd spot but should they win and Hanover falls to Henrico in their finale, I could see the Chiefs taking that 2nd seed.

Hanover has Armstrong this week and closes out the season at home against Henrico. 1-1 is most likely, the Hawks have not won back-to-back district games this season and the Warriors defense could cause problems for the Hawks offense. At 1-1 or 2-0 the Hawks should finish as either a 2nd or 3rd seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT