ADVERTISEMENT

Richmond Region Playoff Picture - 2A

CRF4Dan

Richmond Region Football Writer
Staff
Dec 17, 2012
Mechanicsville, VA
VHSL Ratings have been released... first release of the season.

23.6 Nottoway
20.1 Thomas Jefferson
19.8 Amelia
18.8 Poquoson
18.8 King William
17.7 Brunswick
17.0 Greensville
15.1 Bruton

Thomas Jefferson would currently be a #2 seed and host Greensville who they beat 25-8 in September.

Remainder of their schedule...
host JR Tucker (3-2)
at Glen Allen (2-3)
at Colonial Heights (1-5)
at Mills Godwin (2-4)

Being more familiar with the teams in that area, is the hype around King William legit? I feel as though that’s the team to beat from Region A but that’s mainly due to the talk of the town so to speak. Of course anyone can be beaten on a given day they just seem to be the name most mentioned from the region.

Being more familiar with the teams in that area, is the hype around King William legit? I feel as though that’s the team to beat from Region A but that’s mainly due to the talk of the town so to speak. Of course anyone can be beaten on a given day they just seem to be the name most mentioned from the region.
King William is always tough to beat, no matter the season, player or coaches. Two years ago they nearly beat Thomas Jefferson in a classic battle for the Region 2B crown.

King William is always tough to beat, no matter the season, player or coaches. Two years ago they nearly beat Thomas Jefferson in a classic battle for the Region 2B crown.
And in 2019, they were extremely young. Many starters on that team are this year's seniors. I still feel that if Covid hadn't of made them forfeit their playoff game in the spring, they'd have easily won the Region then and there was only a handful of seniors on that team. This team is junior and senior dominant and this is the year that many of us KW people have been pointing towards for years. As strong as KW is, they have 3 players in various years transfer. Loyal Gresham transferred to Lafayette and since transferred to a private school in Florida. Jakyre Henley, who is the backup qb for Highland Springs, but one of their best athletes transferred after his 8th grade year. Also another kid, who's name escapes me at the moment, transferred to Benedictine. Of course Demond Claiborne stayed at KW and is headed to Wake Forest and there's multiple other players who will end up playing D2 or D3 football. These kids are extremely focused, work hard, and believe in themselves, and they definitely will need that in order to win it all. Something I think they will do, when it's all said in done in December.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT