ADVERTISEMENT

River Ridge Sends Two To Semis

SpartanOfYore

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 15, 2009
3A Blacksburg and 4A Salem will both be playing on the season's penultimate weekend. I think it's interesting that the River Ridge District, so maligned by so many (including yours truly), would wind up with two teams in the state semis. Whereas other much more lauded districts, such as the Seminole, off the top of my head, have zero representatives. And Blacksburg eliminated two Seminole teams.

I don't judge. I just find it interesting. Just goes to underscore the magic of the postseason.

Thats bodes well for the district. You Roanoke area folks should be proud. Sometimes it nice to be able to wink at the naysayers.

I often feel the same way when our schedule is questioned by the big time north of the river teams and media. Last week we had four of seven teams still playing. If Hopewell wins tomorrow we (Central) will have two in the semis (4a and 3a).

Keep up the good work up in the hills. Lol.

How far did Waynesboro get a few years back? Just third round, I think. I remember that they were a 15 seed.

The River Ridge is never a cake walk in any sport. Congrats Spartans well done.

Yeah may show how districts can be stronger or weaker with this format. Just my opinion. Still prefer old format.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT