ADVERTISEMENT

Riverheads making a trip south down 81?

May 13, 2022
Im from the bristol area and heard that rivershead maybe playing George Wythe this year, any truth? would love to see them play

I was hoping that Riverheads' schedule would follow the same as last year, since they are supposed to be two-year cycles. If that is the case, then our longest road trip would be to Parry McCluer, something like 25 miles!!! You can't beat that with these crazy gas prices. But I have heard rumors that one game on the schedule might be canceled, which would in fact open up a date. I don't know anything officially, so we will all just wait and see. We played at GW once as you recall and they have a cool stadium.

I was hoping that Riverheads' schedule would follow the same as last year, since they are supposed to be two-year cycles. If that is the case, then our longest road trip would be to Parry McCluer, something like 25 miles!!! You can't beat that with these crazy gas prices. But I have heard rumors that one game on the schedule might be canceled, which would in fact open up a date. I don't know anything officially, so we will all just wait and see. We played at GW once as you recall and they have a cool stadium.
Which team was the rumor that would be cancelled, and do u think we will play draft twice again, gw was a nice stadium, hope the schedule comes out soon, the sidelines will be different without casto and Dr moore

I would rather not say which game I have heard about. Let someone else with more inside connections place that. I would not want to be accused of giving out wrong information. But I am sure the word will get out very soon, especially now that the school year is wrapping up. So pretty soon, football will be THE main topic of conversation.

Reactions: Dobb83
Not an insider but the second Draft game seems like the logical drop to me. I have heard the rumor of GW and also a team out East which I won’t mention. I am hopeful that a third option is the team that does end up on the schedule since that name keeps coming up. Of course with fuel prices being what they are, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Draft stay on the schedule to help the county with costs, lol.

A source I talked to just today said that the schedule is still not set, so that might be why all we have now are rumors and speculation.

I helped him coach the little guys years ago . He will be a good fit !

Would be nice to see them come south to play george wythe. It would be closer for me to see this juggernaut play

I have it on very good authority that yes, we will be making a trip to one of those places just mentioned, but I don't think it is in my place to say which one until the information is out there officially. But now that the spring sports are behind us, all attention will turn to football soon, so I suspect everyone's schedule will be common knowledge before too much longer.

OK the schedules are now out so the hype can begin! But one question.....Is the team Riverheads will visit midway through the season the same team as Washington and L ee (Montross) or are we talking two different teams?

Good for them. When we played Lancaster there in basketball a few years ago, I picked up on what appeared to be a very old gym. Will this be the first year for the new school?

OK the schedules are now out so the hype can begin! But one question.....Is the team Riverheads will visit midway through the season the same team as Washington and L ee (Montross) or are we talking two different teams?
So what is rhs schedule this year

It's my understanding they will be playing football at the old school. Crazy that they would build a new school with no athletic facilities. From what I've heard, the county financed construction of softball/baseball diamonds at the site but had a clause in an agreement that calls for no admission to games in those facilities. So, for now Westmoreland is playing softball and baseball at the old school

That’s different for sure, so they are basically taking future sports budget money away.
How does this years team look? Didn’t they have two athletes that were good when playing in space last year? Football can’t get here fast enough.

Reactions: Bama1985
Rumor mill says a few of their returning starters have or are transferring, although I've not been clued in as to why. Again, just a rumor. Let's see who shows up for training camp. When can that start? July 27???

Hope it's just a rumor and not true, alot of history can be made this year, no need to go elsewhere when u can get recognition at RHS

Bama: I think you may have misunderstood that post. NND is someone from down that way, and I think he is talking about some of THOSE players transferring.....not anything to do with RHS.

Bama: I think you may have misunderstood that post. NND is someone from down that way, and I think he is talking about some of THOSE players transferring.....not anything to do with RHS.
Ok good, earlier in the year there was talk about a stud from riverheads might be transferring, so I thought he was referring to him, we need all players to step up to keep the streak a rolling GO BIG RED

Rumor mill says a few of their returning starters have or are transferring, although I've not been clued in as to why. Again, just a rumor. Let's see who shows up for training camp. When can that start? July 27???
Hopefully they retain their starters and recruit the hallway to get more of their athletes out playing.

They had some talent on that team. I was looking for them to be a contender in Region A this year. Where does the rumor mill say they transferred to?

One guy transferred to a private school while a couple of others are transferring to a rival in the district hence the wink of the above

One guy transferred to a private school while a couple of others are transferring to a rival in the district hence the wink of the above
Is the Anino kid still at W&L? The two that they lost to the rival school were all region players last year

So Essex will be loaded this year. But what's new...

I guess kids are getting early experience for the transfer portal in college?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT