ADVERTISEMENT

Roanoke Times - Timesland Top 10: Sept. 22

This week’s schedule will feature three intra-Top Ten matchups, as Thursday #1 Salem travels to #3 Blacksburg, while Friday will see #8 Northside (Cl. 3) hosting #9 Galax (Cl. 1)and #10 Hidden Valley (Cl. 3) going on the road to #6 Franklin County (Cl. 6).

Reactions: gweagles1
I wouldn’t mind the big games like Salem vs. Martinsburg/ Glass vs. GW/ Salem vs. Pulaski to be played on Saturday night/afternoon. Would love for those games to be the center of attention that week.

I have always thought it would be cool if Salem would play one regular season home game per year on Saturday afternoon. It’s never going to happen.

I do feel that for the purposes of increasing the gate - ie making more money - all playoff games should either start at 8pm on Friday, or be moved to Saturday. Many people just can’t make it to the games with the 7pm kickoff. Especially since most of the regions are much more geographically spread out than the old, pre-2013 regions were. Give the people a chance to get there, without having to try to get off early from work. A lot of people forget that until sometime in the early or mid-90s, most of the games statewide kicked off at 8pm.

Reactions: gweagles1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT