ADVERTISEMENT

Sad world we’re living in: TeeJay @ Huguenot game closed to public

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Posted on the official Huguenot High School Facebook page.

Dear Huguenot Falcons and Thomas Jefferson Vikings,

Our first priority is the safety and well-being of the RPS community. RPS is aware of a recent social media post regarding tomorrow's football game at Huguenot High School. The Huguenot and Thomas Jefferson administration teams are in active communication with the RPS Safety & Security team and the Richmond Police Department.

The scheduled game will proceed with the following conditions:

No spectators will be allowed.

The only individuals allowed to attend are HHS and TJHS coaches, football team, band, cheerleaders, and staff sponsors.

School administration, safety and security personnel, and law enforcement will be present at all times.

The Huguenot High School campus and parking lots will be closed during the duration of the game and no other visitors are allowed on school grounds.

Previously purchased tickets will be refunded directly from the GoFan Finance team within 5 - 10 business days.

Spectators will be able to live-stream the game by visiting our website at www.rvaschools.net/hhs-tjhs

We want to emphasize that the safety of our school communities has been the primary consideration behind this decision. We eagerly anticipate an exciting and secure game.

To ensure everyone stays informed, we will consistently share updates through RPS Direct, Remind text messages, and our official website.

Reactions: EPJr
This sucks. This should've been a highlight of the year for the community. Unfortunately after the graduation incident I understand taking the precaution.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
This sucks. This should've been a highlight of the year for the community. Unfortunately after the graduation incident I understand taking the precaution.
Indeed. Saw they got to shooting at the Green Run-Kempsville game tonight. People have lost their minds. You and I both do the same thing, as much as I strive to have hope for our future, it’s getting harder and harder.

Reactions: falcettik and Senex
Indeed. Saw they got to shooting at the Green Run-Kempsville game tonight. People have lost their minds. You and I both do the same thing, as much as I strive to have hope for our future, it’s getting harder and harder.
The shooting/shots was not on campus but a nearby neighborhood that is generally deemed as "Safe". Tired of this stuff. Hatfield was there.

This is awful. The perps should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. They should be forced to pay the missed gate/concessions to the school involved plus other expenses. This garbage needs to stop. And as long as the schools are easy on crime, nothing will ever change.
It’s not the schools are easy on crime it’s people today have no respect or conscious anymore. Shootings everywhere, theft is rampant in stores, assaults are common, political opinions are toxic. The US is not my US anymore,

It’s not the schools are easy on crime it’s people today have no respect or conscious anymore. Shootings everywhere, theft is rampant in stores, assaults are common, political opinions are toxic. The US is not my US anymore,
Agreed.

By the way, Congrats on the win last night. You guys looked very good. Your kid got jobbed on that awesome hit that was ruled targeting. That was just a great play and a hard hit. Good luck the rest of the season. Spotsylvania has a lot of work to do.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Does this madness really surprise any of you? Unless you have lived under a rock one would know that the United States has been a lawless nation for over three years now.

People no longer respect opinions, lives, property, or authority. This is not a political statement based on race, culture, or political party. It's a pointed fact and I know because I live it every day. Admonish them, mentor them, burry them, and the mourn them. Sad to say, but this horrid scenario is repeated and accepted by society as a norm. Really?

Kids toting stolen weapons and shooting each other for what. Assaulting teachers with no remorse and robbing elderly people because they can. Destroying property, shoplifting without punishment and we set back watching the news making excuses. Keep shaking your head and ignoring your what you see. No one is immune to this madness/sadness. It's coming to a town near you.

The poor me syndrome needs to go and we need to establish some form of accountability. Re-establish work ethic as a value, parenting 101, and learn to effectively communicate with one another. This goes for the poor, middle class, elite, and all races. Food for thought: Who have we allowed to define our children's morals and character? It's not parents, teachers and community leaders. Its freaking social media influencers or better yet "destructors".

Enough of this rant it will likely fall on deaf ears and blind eyes Enjoy the games tonight and be safe in your travels.

Agreed.

By the way, Congrats on the win last night. You guys looked very good. Your kid got jobbed on that awesome hit that was ruled targeting. That was just a great play and a hard hit. Good luck the rest of the season. Spotsylvania has a lot of work to do.
Yes, clean tough hit. I never saw our HC Andy Linn so mad at the refs as after that call in a long time. But some work on special teams needed.

Whoever caught this - thank you for your alertness!!!!
The fact that they even caught this in social media is better than most. Most schools don't even know until the kid is in there shooting other kids. This is a national sickness but at least RVA will not make national news tonight at a football game.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Does this madness really surprise any of you? Unless you have lived under a rock one would know that the United States has been a lawless nation for over three years now.

People no longer respect opinions, lives, property, or authority. This is not a political statement based on race, culture, or political party. It's a pointed fact and I know because I live it every day. Admonish them, mentor them, burry them, and the mourn them. Sad to say, but this horrid scenario is repeated and accepted by society as a norm. Really?

Kids toting stolen weapons and shooting each other for what. Assaulting teachers with no remorse and robbing elderly people because they can. Destroying property, shoplifting without punishment and we set back watching the news making excuses. Keep shaking your head and ignoring your what you see. No one is immune to this madness/sadness. It's coming to a town near you.

The poor me syndrome needs to go and we need to establish some form of accountability. Re-establish work ethic as a value, parenting 101, and learn to effectively communicate with one another. This goes for the poor, middle class, elite, and all races. Food for thought: Who have we allowed to define our children's morals and character? It's not parents, teachers and community leaders. Its freaking social media influencers or better yet "destructors".

Enough of this rant it will likely fall on deaf ears and blind eyes Enjoy the games tonight and be safe in your travels.
Just three years oh ok.

Reactions: 1MoreHokie and EPJr
Now Stafford has forfeited their game against James Monroe tonight because of threats of violence. Smh

• Wow
Reactions: pizzzzza
So we punish the players and coaches who have worked so hard with a forfeit over some social media threats. We are giving these kids too much power and the ability to determine how we live. Somebody needs to investigate these threats and punish the offenders. Kids kept calling in bomb threats to avoid school so we started locking their butts up and the mess stopped. No one wants senseless acts of violence, but I can tell you there is no way Dinwiddie would take a forfeit over these type of threats. I don't care if we had to play the game under armed guard we would play. The powers to be could have worked this out just like Huguenot did.

This is awful. The perps should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. They should be forced to pay the missed gate/concessions to the school involved plus other expenses. This garbage needs to stop. And as long as the schools are easy on crime, nothing will ever change.
They should be held responsible... but, alas, they will not.

true
but it is so jarring because it does NOT happen that often.
@EPJr, does not happen often? I believe Stafford and some of the schools had the same issues last year and the did not problem solve this. Just punish the good kids. That's today's answer.

The two schools should just get another school whose field is available nearby. Tell no one. Coaches, teams, officials, and admins only. It is still a risk, but if someone really intends to commit violence they are going to do it, game or not. As others have said, sad state of affairs.

Navy, the behavior in the past 3 years has gotten increasingly worse. Things have been getting bad but it’s no let up. We’ve lost discipline and structure with our youth. People will blame it on COVID, I blame it on politics and the media.

Navy, the behavior in the past 3 years has gotten increasingly worse. Things have been getting bad but it’s no let up. We’ve lost discipline and structure with our youth. People will blame it on COVID, I blame it on politics and the media.
I would add woke culture. This is what soft on crime and taking parenting out of the home gets us.

I mean, it was not that long ago we had the teacher get shot in Newport News and the parent tried to blame the teacher IIRC.

Schools are easy on discipline, which leads to kids thinking there are no consequences for their actions

@EPJr, does not happen often? I believe Stafford and some of the schools had the same issues last year and the did not problem solve this. Just punish the good kids. That's today's answer.
let's punish them but keeping them from being shot - that will fix them.

I would add woke culture. This is what soft on crime and taking parenting out of the home gets us.

I mean, it was not that long ago we had the teacher get shot in Newport News and the parent tried to blame the teacher IIRC.
Yes sir I agree… I watched a documentary a few weeks ago of some youth in Columbus GA I believe. Standing on the corners pulling out AKs and reppin/protecting a block that their mom/grandparents are renting. It’s really sad. I know this isn’t anything new but for it to be glorified is crazy to me. It’s different times man. The music, the media, the woke culture, all to our demise.

let's punish them but keeping them from being shot - that will fix them.
What are you saying? Am I to believe the players and coaches are not safe in an empty stadium? Whose going to shoot them the officials? Damn, is there no common sense anymore. All I am saying is play the game. Don't let these alleged threats punish kids trying to do the right thing. Hell, let them go play somewhere else for that matter. Just let them play.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Well, they had already blamed wokeness, who else could it be but the teachers. Some of these posters need to look in their own mirror.
@schoolboard It's not the teachers fault. Higher up maybe. Just once I would love for the people who criticize teachers, police, and other front line public servants to take a week off and spend the week with us. Most wouldn't last a day. I look in the mirror everyday and ask why I continue to bang head against the wall. I know why because I still have hope and care about the kids. If anybody thinks it's easy come join me or @BoKnowsSports for a week.

Yes sir I agree… I watched a documentary a few weeks ago of some youth in Columbus GA I believe. Standing on the corners pulling out AKs and reppin/protecting a block that their mom/grandparents are renting. It’s really sad. I know this isn’t anything new but for it to be glorified is crazy to me. It’s different times man. The music, the media, the woke culture, all to our demise.
Yea, that's the difference. The way it is glorified just blows my mind. And anyone in those communities that dares stand up to it gets a beat down. Started seeing that happen in Arlington before we left.

Not school related per se, but the Commonwealth Attorney in Arlington is soft as warm butter on crime. The running joke even amongst the longtimers there was how she decided to punish crimes.. so we had this one dude who was going around busting out car windows, they finally busted him after 75+ cars had had their windows busted... and Parisa let him out on a "be nice" program, zero time served. Needless to say we had over 70 more cars with busted windows after that. People criticized her for it and she immediately went to the typical woke "I'm a female and minority and that's why you're criticizing me"... she's from Iran not that it matters. Point being, this is the same crap we're seeing in schools and in all facets of the system at them moment.

Last edited:
Well, they had already blamed wokeness, who else could it be but the teachers. Some of these posters need to look in their own mirror.
No one blamed the teachers. The teachers have their hands tied. I've seen quite a few videos of teachers getting attacked and in some cases knocked out cold by unruly students that they dare to correct... and what is the end result? Teacher gets fired.

Woke culture is absolutely the issue. Soft on crime BS that you weirdos have pushed on the rest of us. And it is to the detriment of the communities that you have the gall to claim that you care about. And your response to that...oh I'm sure we can all take a wild guess who you and EP Jr. blame for the issues...

Stafford had issues that resulted in canceling football games? Don’t believe that’s accurate. Maybe JM? I’m not sure about JM, but confident 2022 Stafford played all their football games.

No one blamed the teachers. The teachers have their hands tied. I've seen quite a few videos of teachers getting attacked and in some cases knocked out cold by unruly students that they dare to correct... and what is the end result? Teacher gets fired.

Woke culture is absolutely the issue. Soft on crime BS that you weirdos have pushed on the rest of us. And it is to the detriment of the communities that you have the gall to claim that you care about. And your response to that...oh I'm sure we can all take a wild guess who you and EP Jr. blame for the issues...
Fact is discipline starts in the home. There was never a time I was not far more worried about what my behavior might draw when I got home than anything they did to me in school and this was BEFORE teachers and administrators had their hands tied in discipline matters. Also, if home was not enough of a deterrent there was always a coach waiting as well to administer their own special brand of discipline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT