ADVERTISEMENT

Salem has a good slate of scrimmages

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
They start with Magna Vista and Brookville in the first scrimmage, I'm guessing this is a home scrimmage but I'm not certain.

The benefit game is Jefferson Forest, not sure of the location yet.

First game is @ Amherst, BYE Week 2- PH moved to Game 9. The other change involves splitting up the 3 game NRV swing later in the year. Not sure how the games order falls, but alot of Salem's home games fall later in the year if my source is correct. Anybody know anything more or different, fill me in.

It's too bad that Salem-Magna Vista isn't the first game of the season. Not to say that Salem-Amherst won't be a good one, but the 3A champ with their big star returning against the 4A runner up would've been compelling.

Good games to get ready for the season Mike. But for most, these are still highly controlled functions and most Coachs don't let their starters go beyond the 1st half in benefit games (unless you're LCA). Don't know how it works in Salem. I'm more a Belichik man. Pre-season means nothing and let's me evaluate players, install my system, keep guys uninjured and directs what I want to emphasize in the next practice.

Still, you have to play tough teams and I agree this is a good start. I know Amherst has been down for a few years but starting them as #1 is exciting for everyone in your area. A packed house, for sure. What an incredible way to start the season. You lucky dog. GL to all. Have a great year and be well.

Salem treats a benefit game like you should. It's a nice evaluation tool, helps your starters get the feel for Week 1 and in the second half you evaluate what your second and third string can do given the opportunity. I'm looking forward to the matchup with Amherst I think they'll bring it despite the lack of success the last couple of years. Hopefully they'll get the ship righted this year. (after they play Salem anyway)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT