ADVERTISEMENT

Salem @ JF game will be Saturday @ 7

I'm sure JF is doing whatever they can to keep the game at home, as they should for the community. I'm sure the VHSL is wanting JF to be able to play the game on their nice field. Salem would like enough seating for their fans which will probably require seating for 2,500-3,000 maybe more? 800 traveled over 200 miles for the last game. JF is only 60 miles and the fans had a preview of this matchup just a little over 3 months ago. If the weather is good there will probably be 7 or 8,000 people in attendance maybe more. Amherst & Salem less than 10 years ago had crowds over 10,000. The VHSL will take everything into consideration and make the call. My guess is if they anticipate 10k, they will move it to City Stadium or LU (Not saying there will be that many, but they have to be prepared for a very large crowd)
If they want that $$ they will move it I suppose we will hear it all tomorrow

I'm sure JF is doing whatever they can to keep the game at home, as they should for the community. I'm sure the VHSL is wanting JF to be able to play the game on their nice field. Salem would like enough seating for their fans which will probably require seating for 2,500-3,000 maybe more? 800 traveled over 200 miles for the last game. JF is only 60 miles and the fans had a preview of this matchup just a little over 3 months ago. If the weather is good there will probably be 7,000-8,000 people in attendance maybe more. Amherst & Salem less than 10 years ago had crowds over 10,000. The VHSL will take everything into consideration and make the call. My guess is if they anticipate 10k, they will move it to City Stadium or LU (Not saying there will be that many, but they have to be prepared for a very large crowd)
I believe the game could draw near 10k if moved to Liberty U. which is exactly what I believe the VHSL will do.

Reactions: salemfan32
I'd bet 500+ people will go watch that have no affiliation to Salem or JF. At the end of the day people on this side of the state love their football and with the NCAA season more or less done(CG week but only a few games) they will want to see this matchup.

1- Can you tell me specifically if LT requested a Friday date and Monacan accepted?
We (Lake Taylor) requested to play on Friday...Monacan said yes. We played the game on Friday December 5th, 2014 at Lake Taylor HS. Do you need anymore proof?

VaPrepsRod..you are seriously a moderator?

With a disingenuous question like you asked? Even after it was explained that IF a team asked to play on Friday AND the other team said yes?

Come on...you really DIDN'T follow the entire thread before jumping in??

view;_ylt=AwrB8pxVsVtWrycAcTkunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIycTNuZDFqBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3NDA5MWM3NTUzNjdlOTJkYmI5YzczZDQzMDZmYjg4ZARncG9zAzEEaXQDYmluZw--

VaPrepsRod..you are seriously a moderator?

With a disingenuous question like you asked? Even after it was explained that IF a team asked to play on Friday AND the other team said yes?

Come on...you really DIDN'T follow the entire thread before jumping in??

view;_ylt=AwrB8pxVsVtWrycAcTkunIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTIycTNuZDFqBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1nBG9pZAM3NDA5MWM3NTUzNjdlOTJkYmI5YzczZDQzMDZmYjg4ZARncG9zAzEEaXQDYmluZw--

Yep, read all your posts about how there is no ambiguity whatsoever then provided an example when an exception was made, thus proving that there is in fact ambiguity.

devilsb99...I hope VaPrepsRod reads your response. He just might learn something.

I read his post, I learned that I was right all along when trying to teach you that there was ambiguity and that games can be played on Friday night.

And yes, I am a moderator, wanna see me do some moderating firsthand?

So VaPrepsRod...I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are a mod.

Guessing you simply missed the post where posters JF said VHSL gave Jefferson Forest the OPTION of playing on Friday instead of playing on Saturday, since they had a higher seed?

Did you miss that because that might explain how you confused my concise post saying the rules were pretty clear.

For what it's worth, massaponax and Tuscarora also played their semi-final game on a Friday night last year. Don't know who requested or offered what, but the game was played on Friday none the less......

So VaPrepsRod...I will give you the benefit of the doubt since you are a mod.

Guessing you simply missed the post where posters JF said VHSL gave Jefferson Forest the OPTION of playing on Friday instead of playing on Saturday, since they had a higher seed?

Did you miss that because that might explain how you confused my concise post saying the rules were pretty clear.

If I missed something, I apologize.

I'm quite cranky right now.

And the point I was trying to make is that it is the choice of the two teams playing the game, not what was originally suggested as far as the choice belonging to the higher seeded team and that team "graciously" agreeing to what might be a better time for the visiting team.

The rules are clear and unambiguous, as I said earlier. However IF the two teams agree to play earlier, then the VHSL will accommodate. This is simply common sense.

Not sure how anyone could confuse my point who read the entire thread, especially a moderator. And Rod, I get it...I have bad days too. :)

Agree to what having "the pride of Salem" only ones sitting on the concrete cause they will fill the whole thing themselves. I think it goes way beyond JF or Salem if they play there or not. There was a lot of things mentioned in the vhsl bylaws that had to be in place and JF is missing several. I agree I do think JF should be able to play at home but if the amenities aren't there then hey fix your house up. This itself should be motivation to redo that stadium
Problem with upgrades is they have 2other schools that would in turn have to be upgraded to to be "on" fair. I've always enjoyed JF because you take a big blanket lay it on the hill lay back an enjoy the game.

Reactions: OCBoy
Football should take priority over bands. this is the playoffs and teams are going for a state championship. Play the game and if band shows up good, if not show up, good.

Reactions: wikki
Football should take priority over bands. this is the playoffs and teams are going for a state championship. Play the game and if band shows up good, if not show up, good.
It's not only the band it's the annual Salem Xmas parade and from what I hear it's a huge deal down there

The match up that everyone wanted to see and people are talking about what day and time it is played...smh!

Reactions: wikki
Playing it at 7:00 is not a good time. Should be played at 1:00 or 2:00.[/QUOTE

It is a big difference to me and I am sure lots of other people. Saturday's is when everyone if off mostly and have dinner with families. Friday is always football nights. 2:00 would accommodate most people and still go to dinner with their families

All they have to do is bring in the portable bleachers. We had to and will do it again this week so we can host at home. Not as gigantic of a deal as some are making it.
Have you ever seen JF's stadium? It's nowhere near as nice or as big as LT's so portable bleachers might not be enough.

I don't think JF stadium will hold them all. They had best be bringing in portable bleachers from all over Bedford County and Lynchburg. Parking will be a problem also.

My whole question about the temporary bleachers are the handicap accessibility. My 74 yr old father who walks with a cane and has a heart condition is attending the game. There is no way he can could go up or down that hill without falling and if that happened JF and VSHL will have a bigger problem to deal with other than bleachers. Don't get me wrong I think JF deserves the home game but you have to look at the bigger picture of the VHSL wants all the gate and if the Fire Marshall comes and says less than 3500 can only come in they will really be missing out! It all comes down to the old mighty $. Do the math= say 5,000 people can't come in bc of the facility that's $50,000 the VHSL will not get. Do you really think they will do that?

@Hampton Roads 6 not sure if I've seen u say anything positive yet this week
I just responded about what difference it makes whether it is 7:00 on Friday or Saturday. Geez, this has been the topic since Friday night, no big deal. I also said in a previous post that JF deserves to play at home and that I enjoyed their music over the airway.

Reactions: jfcav1 and OCBoy
I'm sure JF is doing whatever they can to keep the game at home, as they should for the community. I'm sure the VHSL is wanting JF to be able to play the game on their nice field. Salem would like enough seating for their fans which will probably require seating for 2,500-3,000 maybe more? 800 traveled over 200 miles for the last game. JF is only 60 miles and the fans had a preview of this matchup just a little over 3 months ago. If the weather is good there will probably be 7,000-8,000 people in attendance maybe more. Amherst & Salem less than 10 years ago had crowds over 10,000. The VHSL will take everything into consideration and make the call. My guess is if they anticipate 10k, they will move it to City Stadium or LU (Not saying there will be that many, but they have to be prepared for a very large crowd)
I remember those Salem/Amherst crowds. The last time Salem played at Amherst 2007 I believe, we even added bleachers near the top on the home side, both banks were filled. We let people in early so people could put their blankets down. I don't believe anyone ever brought as many fans as Salem did to our stadium

I knew they wouldn't change it . It's a shame . Vhsl doesn't have the u know what to tell forest they not playing at home .

I knew they wouldn't change it . It's a shame . Vhsl doesn't have the u know what to tell forest they not playing at home .
Not sure what you mean? Amherst had enough bleachers according to the VHSL rules, we just brought in extra for more fans. If JF doesn't meet the requirements they will not be allowed to host

I mean why have a rule if they aren't going to enforce it . It's clearly not 3,500 seats at JF .

The game is at JF there not going to move it . I'm not sure what your talking about wikki . I'm not talking about Amherst .

T
The game is at JF there not going to move it . I'm not sure what your talking about wikki . I'm not talking about Amherst .

You completely misunderstood me, I hope JF gets to play at home, but rules are rules. If an exception is made them they will have to make it for other teams in the future

So far the game is at Sabre Stadium

maybe they will let them play in the middle of a cow pasture halfway between both the schools and people just line the sidelines and pull up a truck or chair to watch the game...as long as there's enough toilets nearby

seriously though who cares where the game is at this point JF is the home team and Salem will be traveling to wherever the heck the home team is hosting it which 99% likely to Sabre Stadium bc it has the capacity to fit however many people you think can fit in there, complain about chairs etc or whatever but the VHSL knows it is the state semi-finals and the teams are coming to play. The fans will show up why wouldn't they, if you want to be there you will, the facility isn't that subpar comparable to other facilites, they have a turf field, ample lighting, and a functioning scoreboard, aside from that you pay your money to watch a game not for prime seating this isn't the NFL

Last edited:
Reactions: one man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT