ADVERTISEMENT

Salem @ JF game will be Saturday @ 7

So far the game is at Sabre Stadium

maybe they will let them play in the middle of a cow pasture halfway between both the schools and people just line the sidelines and pull up a truck or chair to watch the game...as long as there's enough toilets nearby

seriously though who cares where the game is at this point JF is the home team and Salem will be traveling to wherever the heck the home team is hosting it which 99% likely to Sabre Stadium bc it has the capacity to fit however many people you think can fit in there, complain about chairs etc or whatever but the VHSL knows it is the state semi-finals and the teams are coming to play. The fans will show up why wouldn't they, if you want to be there you will, the facility isn't that subpar comparable to other facilites, they have a turf field, ample lighting, and a functioning scoreboard, aside from that you pay your money to watch a game not for prime seating this isn't the NFL
The seating or lack there of is not the biggest issue. The restroom situation in my mind is a bigger problem.

I emailed AD Pritchard and he confirmed the game at JF. With that said I think JF earned to host at home but the problem lays with the vhsl because they are forcing Essex in 1A to host at King George. Essex is similar to JF. So there is a double standard here... I'm sure if enough Salem folk call and complain something might change lol

Last edited:
I was going to make that point, why make Essex move there game ? Why have seating chart on the number you have to have to host ? Cow pasture or outback in the parking lot one One guy said . If I was Essex I would call VHSL and Challenge them .

VHSL has always favored certain schools. If Essex has to move game, then JF should have to move game. That's a no-brainer. Heck Salem Stadium would be a better venue for game. With Salem's record, I would think they have a right to host as much as anyone else. Heck, I believe they are undefeated.

Bad scheduling for parade. City leaders should have known tcant store themeam would probably still be playing football.
Parade is first Fri in Dec every year no matter what. Has been that way for as long as I can recall. Other cities nearby have many of same floats in them and people can't store them for weeks to be in everyone's parade. I know most of Salem will be there as younger kids in families are in the parade. So people already committed to parade will go. That means less revenue for game. So if anyone wants to make money off Salem's fans, they'll have to decide if it is worth it to have an event on the day of the parade.

That makes sense. But I think parades should be after state championship game. that's the way Gretna did it back when we were winning.

VHSL has always favored certain schools. If Essex has to move game, then JF should have to move game. That's a no-brainer. Heck Salem Stadium would be a better venue for game. With Salem's record, I would think they have a right to host as much as anyone else. Heck, I believe they are undefeated.
IF it did get moved, I can assure you it wouldn't be played at Salem

LU stadium would be a perfect place, but since state championship game is there, VHSL probably not let semis be there also.

Reactions: wikki
whats wrong with city stadium in Lynchburg , new turf field, new score board, nice locker rooms, better bathroom facility and concession, plus seating capacity of 10,000 sounds pretty good to me, JF only what 15min from there. unless i am missing something. JF Sabre stadium I was there last week very inadequate for this game, and they should realize that and move it.

whats wrong with city stadium in Lynchburg , new turf field, new score board, nice locker rooms, better bathroom facility and concession, plus seating capacity of 10,000 sounds pretty good to me, JF only what 15min from there. unless i am missing something. JF Sabre stadium I was there last week very inadequate for this game, and they should realize that and move it.

Under renovations, they don't have ample parking.

JF is undefeated as well but is the #1 seed so they should get it over Salem

Reactions: OCBoy
With both teams undefeated, that's one problem with VHSL policies as to where games are played. This game should not be played on either home field. I like neutral sites and may best team win.

I'm sitting on the home side! ;) Salem's JV supporters almost filled the visitor's stands. I'm hoping they bring in stands and porta johns...I feel like I have to get there at 5:00 just to find a space to put a chair. Perhaps I'll come at 4:00. When will the gates open?

Exactly.. Get there early and sit wherever you like. If JF isn't willing or able to bring in more seating then they can't get angry with half of their side being full of opposing teams fans. First come first serve.
You can sit there too because their fans do not sit down that early

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Mike. I'll be there cheering on your Spartans. GL to both teams.
Thanks DSH, I'm not going to be able to go but you can cheer for me. I'll be watching on Gameday. Should be an instant classic! Get there early gates open at 5 and I expect a legion of Spartans, JF fans, Seminole District fans, and fans of good HS football.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT