ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs. Lake Taylor

Truth hurts...Kid is definitely fast, but some of those kids playing defense couldn't outrun my 5 year old twins, but at least they out there trying and coaches use what they have to work with as not everyone is blessed with athletes.
Most definitely if they don't ball control you all and score 7 at the end of the drive it may be a tough day. I mentioned #8 on offense at WR, but your RB looks pretty fast also. I just think the speed and athletes will eventually take over. BUT if you all turn the ball over it will be a closer game longer than expected.

Most definitely if they don't ball control you all and score 7 at the end of the drive it may be a tough day. I mentioned #8 on offense at WR, but your RB looks pretty fast also. I just think the speed and athletes will eventually take over. BUT if you all turn the ball over it will be a closer game longer than expected.
RB- was Region OPOY 217 carries 2005 yards 33 TD's rushing 9.3 YPC

Reactions: aw19752
Just watch some Hudl highlights on Salem. Kind of impressed with 36 and 28 on offense. If 28 really a 4.4 as listed on the Hudl site? If so was this timed at a summer camp?
Don't get me wrong 28 (Clayborne) is fast but I don't think he is 4.4 fast. 4.4 is a lot more rare than people think. People toss around forty times like the L word...I watched Grant Holloway (Grassfield High) run a 4.38 laser time at a camp back in the spring and I can tell you, while 28 from Salem is fast, he is nowhere near as fast as Holloway. We won't even compare him to La'vonta Taylor (Ocean Lakes) who ran a 4.28 laser time at the same camp. Wayne Davis was at the same camp but I didn't get to see him run his 40.

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
Don't get me wrong 28 (Clayborne) is fast but I don't think he is 4.4 fast. 4.4 is a lot more rare than people think. People toss around forty times like the L word...I watched Grant Holloway (Grassfield High) run a 4.38 laser time at a camp back in the spring and I can tell you, while 28 from Salem is fast, he is nowhere near as fast as Holloway. We won't even compare him to La'vonta Taylor (Ocean Lakes) who ran a 4.28 laser time at the same camp. Wayne Davis was at the same camp but I didn't get to see him run his 40.
Vols I was just going by what was listed on the Hudl site, hopefully this doesn't spark the wrong type of posts.

Stop joking over 2gs and 30 TDs in a season. Whose recruiting him?
Had to wait his turn in the offense he rushed for a little under 1,000 last year as Shiheem had 1500+ and Marcus Hawkins had 1100. He's being recruited by Hampton, Norfolk State, JMU, William and Mary, and a few others. He's come on strong for his senior season and the great thing is he's already qualified.

I also thought Salem ran ball too much last year at Liberty Stadium. In state championship game a team needs to come out throwing the ball. Loosen up the defense, then run it.

Truth hurts...Kid is definitely fast, but some of those kids playing defense couldn't outrun my 5 year old twins, but at least they out there trying and coaches use what they have to work with as not everyone is blessed with athletes.
Lol, truth does hurt. just curious, which film are you guys talking about? I know LT probably has several games of film on Salem but I know JF was probably the fastest defense Salem faced and JF isn't exactly what you would call fast. Salem's regular season schedule was pretty weak. That's not to say that they are not a really good team because they are but, they didn't face much speed during the regular season.

Lol, truth does hurt. just curious, which film are you guys talking about? I know LT probably has several games of film on Salem but I know JF was probably the fastest defense Salem faced and JF isn't exactly what you would call fast. Salem's regular season schedule was pretty weak. That's not to say that they are not a really good team because they are but, they didn't face much speed during the regular season.
Only film I have seen was Jefferson Forest and John Champe as those were the two games they traded. ;)

Reactions: one man
Vols I was just going by what was listed on the Hudl site, hopefully this doesn't spark the wrong type of posts.
Oh I know you were. Nothing against you at all. I was just trying to offer a little insight since I have seen him play in person several times. No offense taken.

I also thought Salem ran ball too much last year at Liberty Stadium. In state championship game a team needs to come out throwing the ball. Loosen up the defense, then run it.
Have you seen the two dudes LT have on the outside? That would be a tough task my friend.

I just went to each teams Hudl site and clicked on individual player highlights.

I could write a book on game films. I saw a team once adjust their whole game plan because they knew a future opponent was getting the tape.
I almost got locked up or thrown out of stadium for having a cam corner in stands once. AD and Sheriff acted as if I was a terrorist.

Just watched some film on Salem. Very impressed with #4 and #8 on defense. Also the QB throws a good deep ball. Seems like no one can catch #8 at WR once he gets a step on you. Basically I see a discipline offense and defense with big lineman in Salem and explosive athletes with Lake Taylor. If they do not turn the ball over I still have to go with LT with my choice.
I'm not sure who you are talking about on defense. I don't think Salem has a #4 and #8 playing on defense this year. As for offense, I think the fast receiver you are talking about is #4 and not #8. The main players to watch film on for defense on Salem would be #7 Riley Fox and #36 Alex Ramsey. Deangelo Ramsey would have great highlights but I don't think he has made a hudl account.

I'm not sure who you are talking about on defense. I don't think Salem has a #4 and #8 playing on defense this year. As for offense, I think the fast receiver you are talking about is #4 and not #8. The main players to watch film on for defense on Salem would be #7 Riley Fox and #36 Alex Ramsey. Deangelo Ramsey would have great highlights but I don't think he has made a hudl account.
He's referencing Lake Taylor not Salem. He made a mistake we have a #4 JT Wahee and #8 is Wayne Davis

You're funny. Are you talking about LT defense or Salem defense?

You're funny. Are you talking about LT defense or Salem defense?
This is why I didn't want to say anything...I'm speaking of the kids Ramsey and Clayborne are running away from on the other teams defenses. Not trying to be funny stating facts. Some of those teams are unathletic and slow, I was surprised by how unathletic JF was on defense considering they have 2 good ones on offense. Night and day.

He's referencing Lake Taylor not Salem. He made a mistake we have a #4 JT Wahee and #8 is Wayne Davis
Ahh, that makes sense... thanks for the clarification.

Who replaced Quinerly on defense this year?

This is why I didn't want to say anything...I'm speaking of the kids Ramsey and Clayborne are running away from on the other teams defenses. Not trying to be funny stating facts. Some of those teams are unathletic and slow, I was surprised by how unathletic JF was on defense considering they have 2 good ones on offense. Night and day.
But those same two players played JF defense too...it wasn't all about speed (quoting someone you know!) You are right that JF's defense wasn't as dynamic as their offense.

I meant LT...sorry about that.

But those same two players played JF defense too...it wasn't all about speed (quoting someone you know!) You are right that JF's defense wasn't as dynamic as their offense.
Speed kills...but strength punishes...which one will have the upper hand on Saturday?

Honestly if I am a Salem player, fan, coach, etc. I would be very excited about getting a second shot at the team that beat you out in the state championship the year before. I'd also still be feeling humble from the loss last year but confident with that chip on the shoulder that your team is going to come out and get the job done the second time around. That is why I am a little surprised to see a couple of Salem fans going with Lake Taylor, regardless of how much of a challenge they are as the reigning state champions... I'll give the credit for not being biased though! Golden opportunity for Salem to have a little shot at redemption here on Saturday.

I know Lake Taylor has to be the favorite, but I don't think there is any reason whatsoever to think the game will get out of hand like last year. I actually won't be surprised at all to a Spartan upset. They've got a lot better team than last year it seems.
I was wondering if you knew the Spartans were ranked #1 in Virginia by USA Today? LT is #8.

Reactions: momomule
Hanover ran 80 plays and had the ball for 34 minutes out of a possible 48. Recovered 2 onside kicks and got aided by penalties.
KF- was just a comedy of errors they probably earned 1 td
Courtland- the 6 they have in the first half was penalty aided and then a blown fumble call when the kid fumbled clearly out of bounds for a touchback..Their last TD and 2 point conversion we were trying to just let them run the clock out.

Like I said everyone wants to focus on the points our defense has given up, but look at the offensive numbers.

Looks like Salem the favorite to me:
http://www.vhsl-reference.com/state_finals_2015.cfm
The one thing I do notice is that you make it look like Lake Taylor mistakes is the only way anybody can score...Show some respect to the other teams. I hope Salem wins by many!

Reactions: tw2126
Shaun made the comment "Salem has shown they can play a perfect game against a quality unit." I was just asking if the quality unit was comparable to LT. BUT of course SalemPride you always find a way to make something out of my comments? How many threads have been closed the last month when you decide to reply to other people comments? Until Salem finds a way to beat LT I will never pick them as the favorite against LT. Is that a crime? Obviously you are a ride or die Salem fan and I have no problem with that. To be honest I'm not a fan of either team. I just look at their schedule and take a look at your schedule...then I take a look at the make up of the team to make my opinion. And my opinion is they may be too explosive for you all. Salem may have a good 10+ play drive and end up with 3 points or a punt for good field position, then LT may turn around and in a play or two score a TD. Is Salem built to play from behind? Obviously LT is built to play from a deficit. Weren't they down one game like 26-7 and came back to win by multiple TDs? I'm predicting this thread will be closed soon because SalemPride can't handle Salem not being picked as the favorite and will always have comments against those who do not pick Salem.
Salempride you have great responses

Reactions: SalemPride
The one thing I do notice is that you make it look like Lake Taylor mistakes is the only way anybody can score...Show some respect to the other teams. I hope Salem wins by many!
Great to have hopes and dreams. That's what makes life so great. I hope I wake up tomorrow. I doubt any team allows another team to score. If you give up points a mistake was made somewhere.

Reactions: aw19752
Keyvone Bruton transferred to Lake Taylor from Oscar Smith this year.. He's another kid that can catch it and run away from most people.. Not to mention he's a stud on defense and very physical..

Reactions: DEVILSLB99
I could write a book on game films. I saw a team once adjust their whole game plan because they knew a future opponent was getting the tape.
I almost got locked up or thrown out of stadium for having a cam corner in stands once. AD and Sheriff acted as if I was a terrorist.
Paranoia and football don't mix.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT