Salem, VA, USA
Louisa Co
Mineral, VA, USA
Actual Score00
Most Likely3428
Median3428
Mean34.0429.67
Win Probability57%43%
I appreciate your sharing these readings, but once again, the Massey ratings, had both chambers and Martinsburg defeating Highland Springs by two scores. They are just a bunch of numbers plugged in based off season numbers. I saw what happened to Salem against PH and against Martinsburg. Salem looks like the same team in both of those games except they didn’t give up as many points in the last game. Their offense looked exactly the same.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
My friend, who I was going to ride with, has a previous engagement and will not be able to attend. Even if I had a ride, it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to sit outside in the cool temperatures for 3 hours as BN alluded to. I hope it will be an exciting game.
Sorry you cannot attend! I do wonder if Salem will bring a large crowd or not. I don't anticipate Salem bringing more than 1,000 traveling that far way. We shall see what they bring, but I feel that the travel is going to cut down on how large this crowd would be if we were geographically closer.

Reactions: mike salem
I appreciate your sharing these readings, but once again, the Massey ratings, had both chambers and Martinsburg defeating Highland Springs by two scores. They are just a bunch of numbers plugged in based off season numbers. I saw what happened to Salem against PH and against Martinsburg. Salem looks like the same team in both of those games except they didn’t give up as many points in the last game. Their offense looked exactly the same.
Really, Salem's Offense has looked the same.....since 1983.

Those are just computers plugging in numbers. Both Chambers and Martinsburg got boost from the games that they had already played. Remember Chambers beat the defending state champs. Only this game matters this week anyway. All the other games are in the past and you try to be better than you were before.

Lion fans- Serious question- Have 97 and 52 been offered? Getting looks? They are impressive.

Serious question. About seating. How many people does the visitor side hold? With the Salem Band coming, I asked this before, but do we need to bring chairs? Are you allowed to sit on the track with chairs. Not a cut to Louisa’s facilities just not a lot of seating

Reactions: OCBoy
Serious question. About seating. How many people does the visitor side hold? With the Salem Band coming, I asked this before, but do we need to bring chairs? Are you allowed to sit on the track with chairs. Not a cut to Louisa’s facilities just not a lot of seating
I’d say 250 max. Someone mentioned temporary seating being brought in but not sure how accurate that is. I doubt temporary housing is brought in because they haven’t done that in recent years especially for a regional semifinal.

My friend, who I was going to ride with, has a previous engagement and will not be able to attend. Even if I had a ride, it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to sit outside in the cool temperatures for 3 hours as BN alluded to. I hope it will be an exciting game.
Understood, don’t you worry I’ll root for the lions in your honor. Stay well

Reactions: mike salem
RVA Sports Network needs to have that same energy and broadcast this game. No bigger game in the area and I’d argue the state this week.

I am sure the admin have a plan in place for a large crowd. They take hospitality very seriously up here.

Any particular reason? I know KG has 2 stud WRs and a good QB but other than that I don't know much about them.
Varina is boring as hell to watch quite frankly 😂. No running game at all, they just throw the ball up and hope their studs get it on 3rd down, and they don’t play with any tempo. They have a real solid defense but the offense is atrocious. They’re the most talented team in Class 4 on paper. I think KG will beat them Friday by a score or two unless Varina intimidates them.

Varina is boring as hell to watch quite frankly 😂. No running game at all, they just throw the ball up and hope their studs get it on 3rd down, and they don’t play with any tempo. They have a real solid defense but the offense is atrocious. They’re the most talented team in Class 4 on paper. I think KG will beat them Friday by a score or two unless Varina intimidates them.
I feel the same Bo. This is the best eyesore of a team I've ever seen. The defense is the real deal and the offense has athletes but it's just no flow or creativity at all.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
Are you sure this was Massey? You can go back and look at the predicted vs actual scores by clicking on the 'L' or 'W' (depending on team) result on each team's schedule. I'm with you on the early season games. They can be janky sometimes. But they usually tighten up as the season goes on. That's not to say I think Salem will win. A lot of these games are toss-ups.

Best backs I've seen in person are Trey Henderson from Hopewell and Brandon Minor from Varina
Ken Oxendine is the best running back I have seen or played against. Macho was a beast, he grew up in my neighborhood but Oxendine was a beast rb at all 3 levels. Ronald Curry was the best athlete I have ever seen.

Ahmad Brooks from CD Hylton. A genetic phenom. Averaged over 12 yards a carry and was the best LB in the nation, and returned punts. Ronald Curry played in the NFL after tearing his Achilles twice, an accomplishment in itself.

I feel the same Bo. This is the best eyesore of a team I've ever seen. The defense is the real deal and the offense has athletes but it's just no flow or creativity at all.
They have some very good players with Keys being their best player. Just don’t have x factor this year like they had last year with Ant Fisher. Keys doesn’t have the speed Fisher has but he’ll hurt you. If he was in a better run offense like HS or Dale, he’d have 1500 receiving yards easily. Varina will get the stops they need on D, I just have no faith in their offense.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Really, Salem's Offense has looked the same.....since 1983.
Game will come down to--
1. can Salem run and therefore control pace of game.
2. Can Salem convert 3rd and 4th down plays
3. Can Salem stop or slow down Louisa Offense. (Hasn't been done this year by their opponents). Again 3rd and 4th downs will be huge.
4. It's going to be cold, turnovers could be really big deal.

Game will come down to--
1. can Salem run and therefore control pace of game.
2. Can Salem convert 3rd and 4th down plays
3. Can Salem stop or slow down Louisa Offense. (Hasn't been done this year by their opponents). Again 3rd and 4th downs will be huge.
4. It's going to be cold, turnovers could be really big deal.
Salems run game will open only if they can get the pass game going!! Off tackle and trap ain’t going to cut it all game long. If Salem has the same game plan as they had for PH it’s a wrap for Salem

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT