ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Louisa

Who wins and why?

• Salem Spartans

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Louisa Lions

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
What is the story with the fire breathing Lion? Does your Lion have a name? Do y’all play GnR pregame

What is the story with the fire breathing Lion? Does your Lion have a name? Do y’all play GnR pregame
The fire breathing Lion is representative of the dichotomy of the Cowardly Lion and the fakery of the "Wizard" in the Wixard of Oz. It juxtaposes the evilness of the Wizard and the actual bravery of the Lion. Of course, my pontifications on this are due to the ingestion of good bourbon and not any real knowledge of a damn thing about Louisa. Angel's Envy helps when your team repeats as one and done.😁

@ClarkeFan83 stay out of the jug! @SFUWO the trenches may be important, but Salem's defensive backs vs. Louisa's passing game intrigues me more.
It will be interesting. I can see this game going either way. Im sure Louisa will have some success throwing the ball. Still need to win that battle in the trenches to give the QB time to throw. Same goes for Salem. Wilson is very capable of beating you if you give him time. The winner of this game could very possibly end up at liberty.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I think this one might be classic Salem. Louisa has the studs to beat any and every team in Class 4, but they make too many mistakes. Against any team in the playoffs, mistakes are magnified. But against a rock solid team like Salem, they can be your undoing. Up to this point, the untimely mistakes were of little consequence, because the Lions scored like you vote in Chicago, early and often. Points will be a lot harder to come by against the Spartans.

I hope Louisa sees fit to bring in a few extra bleachers for the visitors side. For all that the Jungle is, visitors seating is not adequate for a game like this.

My goodness. If you love great high school football, look no further than the expanded Richmond area next week. This game, Hanover at Dinwiddie, Varina at King George, Manchester at Thomas Dale, and several area teams in the Class 3 playoffs. WOW, so many games, so little time.

Hey guys there are some negative things goin on here. I’ve been to some of your places and there not perfect either like really poor lighting which I think is more important than some of these comments I mean not everyone has a stadium like Salem. Having said that you are more than welcome next week but please leave the booze at home because it makes you sound rude.

Hey guys there are some negative things goin on here. I’ve been to some of your places and there not perfect either like really poor lighting which I think is more important than some of these comments I mean not everyone has a stadium like Salem. Having said that you are more than welcome next week but please leave the booze at home because it makes you sound rude.
What in the hell are you talking about? Nobody said a single rude comment.

The Jungle, like may stadiums, has limited seating for visitors. That ain’t a rude comment. It’s a fact. And Salem has a huge band and a heck of a fan following. That is also a fact. They should consider temporary seats. Also a fact. A good natured jab or two about a lion is not rude, just fun.

Don’t be so sensitive. Hell, the Jungle is legendary. If anything, we are jealous and envious.

The fire breathing Lion is representative of the dichotomy of the Cowardly Lion and the fakery of the "Wizard" in the Wixard of Oz. It juxtaposes the evilness of the Wizard and the actual bravery of the Lion. Of course, my pontifications on this are due to the ingestion of good bourbon and not any real knowledge of a damn thing about Louisa. Angel's Envy helps when your team repeats as one and done.😁
Huh!!!:eek: Did you get a hold of what MaroonDude is smoking?

BTW, sorry for the early exit by CC.

Louisa is doing a fantastic job providing “out of the box” learning opportunities. I don’t know the proper names, but the turf management and the sports marketing curriculums are amazing. WTVR 6 has done stories on both of these. I encourage everyone to go to the station’s website and watch these two segments.

I’m not 100 % but I think the real lion went away because he died.
Yeah, I don't know first hand, but I was told by a couple of people about 8 years ago that PETA got involved. I do think the lion died since then and I remember some talk about having him stuffed and brought to the games... again, all hearsay.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
What in the hell are you talking about? Nobody said a single rude comment.

The Jungle, like may stadiums, has limited seating for visitors. That ain’t a rude comment. It’s a fact. And Salem has a huge band and a heck of a fan following. That is also a fact. They should consider temporary seats. Also a fact. A good natured jab or two about a lion is not rude, just fun.

Don’t be so sensitive. Hell, the Jungle is legendary. If anything, we are jealous and envious.
I’m entitled to my opinion sorry if it offends you by I see we don’t have enough rest rooms enough seats and it seams in the Mumbo jumbo of one guy he don’t like our lion but maybe I’m not sufisticated enough to break down what he said. Btw it was your field that had the bad lights but maybe they have been upgraded since 2017. Oh maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive I didn’t curse at you.

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Yes, PETA was what brought the “live” lion era to a close. The original lion was owned by a minister in Richmond. That lion passed away before PETA forced an end to the live lion tradition.

I’m entitled to my opinion sorry if it offends you by I see we don’t have enough rest rooms enough seats and it seams in the Mumbo jumbo of one guy he don’t like our lion but maybe I’m not sufisticated enough to break down what he said. Btw it was your field that had the bad lights but maybe they have been upgraded since 2017. Oh maybe you shouldn’t be so sensitive I didn’t curse at you.
Hummmm……??? Since we had state of the art Musco lighting installed in 2010, I don’t think you are referring to our field.

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the lion is known as the "King of the Jungle" and that Louisa's stadium is nicknamed "The Jungle" yet, lions do not live in jungles? 🤣

Reactions: FoxesPride
Yeah, I don't know first hand, but I was told by a couple of people about 8 years ago that PETA got involved. I do think the lion died since then and I remember some talk about having him stuffed and brought to the games... again, all hearsay.
You are correct about peta.
Am I the only one that finds it funny that the lion is known as the "King of the Jungle" and that Louisa's stadium is nicknamed "The Jungle" yet, lions do not live in jungles? 🤣
lol I always thought that was funny too

Reactions: VolNation85
Hummmm……??? Since we had state of the art Musco lighting installed in 2010, I don’t think you are referring to our field.
When we were there we could barely see your side of the field so I don’t know what those lights are but we thought you needed new ones

I am doubtful the Salem faithful will bring that many fans for a region semi-game, maybe if it were a region champ game.
In the old days Salem would bring around 2000. These days probably between 500 and a 1000. Winning is no longer new and exciting, it's just expected.

Still won't be enough. The Louisa County administration needs to think big about this.
I’m sure the Salem administration will have several charter buses in place just because it’s in Louisa. Salem fans can get there early and just take up the corner of the bleachers on Louisa’s home side closest to the middle school and have that seating too lol.

Lions are going to pull this game out and win in a shoot out 49-21...why because the Lions 2 Freshman are going to give match up problems along with trying to stop the QB. I like our O-line and D-line match up more than I like the skill match up vs. Salem. As I posted a few weeks ago look for Coach Patrick to open up the playbook.

Salem better worry about where to sit. I posted this else where and I’ll post it here. The Salem band will take up 75% or more of the small visitors stands at Louisa

Lions are going to pull this game out and win in a shoot out 49-21...why because the Lions 2 Freshman are going to give match up problems along with trying to stop the QB. I like our O-line and D-line match up more than I like the skill match up vs. Salem. As I posted a few weeks ago look for Coach Patrick to open up the playbook.
Louisa may win but I don't see them putting up 49 points. Salem's defense will be the best Louisa has faced this season. I see the score more in the 20's

Louisa may win but I don't see them putting up 49 points. Salem's defense will be the best Louisa has faced this season. I see the score more in the 20's
I think if Salem keeps the score low that favors Salem more than Louisa. I do believe that this is the best team we have played to this point, but we also have been resting our starters by the half in all but 2 games. We are averaging a lot of points per game, this is the best offense that Salem has seen all year too.

Wow, now that is confidence. Since 1977 and 569 games Salem has given up 49 points or more twice. In 1994 Amherst scored 55 and in 2019 Martinsburg scored 49. I think the odds are against Louisa, but obviously you think Coach Patrick's open playbook is unstoppable.

I rarely bet against Salem, but I do believe Louisa is very capable of winning this game. @Lion_4_life if you are truly confident about Louisa hanging half a hundred (almost) on Salem I am sure there are many who would take that bet. If the Lions do so then the rest of Class 4 have a very little chance of defeating the Lions.

Salem has not looked good at all against the 2 best teams on their schedule (Martinsburg & PH). And could have easily lost to Franklin Co. & Christainsburg. If Louisa stops Salem's running game, (Salem's passing attack puts the fear in no one.) Louisa wins handily.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT