ADVERTISEMENT

Salem vs Louisa

Who wins and why?

• Salem Spartans

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • Louisa Lions

Votes: 41 67.2%

• Total voters
The refs have made their presence known in the 2nd half. Some shady calls and non calls not in favor of Salem. POS refs

Last edited:
Think I'll quote Iron Mike on this one: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Louisa was not challenged all year and it showed. Made good half-time adjustments, fought back, but couldn't overcome their shock from the first half. Ponax being awful is unfortunate timing and I'm guessing there's some semi-rivalry aspect to Courtland which would necessitate keeping the game but Huguenot isn't doing Louisa any favors and likely never will. Take it from a team who plays in an unpredictable, often weak district that won't do your team any favors most of the time: level up your OOD scheduling, even if it might cost you a loss now and then.

No quit in the Lions, good game and good luck in C5.

Think I'll quote Iron Mike on this one: "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Louisa was not challenged all year and it showed. Made good half-time adjustments, fought back, but couldn't overcome their shock from the first half. Ponax being awful is unfortunate timing and I'm guessing there's some semi-rivalry aspect to Courtland which would necessitate keeping the game but Huguenot isn't doing Louisa any favors and likely never will. Take it from a team who plays in an unpredictable, often weak district that won't do your team any favors most of the time: level up your OOD scheduling, even if it might cost you a loss now and then.

Y’all guys are too nice!! Their halftime adjustments were the refs!! Great called game in the first half then the second half was a shit show from the refs. It was a blatant show of one sidedness and each one of those refs should never be allowed to ref again. Disgusting. Louisa should have been flagged for blowing that damn train horn during kicks and such but never were. The announce talking and exciting the crowd is against vhsl rules, playing music and ”announcing” after the huddle breaks, also against the rules.. I guess the jungle is just that, a jungle

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy and Shabutie
Y’all guys are too nice!! Their halftime adjustments were the refs!! Great called game in the first half then the second half was a shit show from the refs. It was a blatant show of one sidedness and each one of those red should never be allowed to ref again. Disgusting. Louisa should have been flaghed for blowing that damn train horn during kicks and such but never were
Kilroy it’s guys like you that make the forums suck for me so I’ll just leave the forums for you to troll the rest of you guys have been awesome over the years and I appreciate you all. Mike wish I could have met you your a class act. Later guys

Reactions: mike salem
Kilroy it’s guys like you that make the forums suck for me so I’ll just leave the forums for you to troll the rest of you guys have been awesome over the years and I appreciate you all. Mike wish I could have met you your a class act. Later guys
I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings, I saw what I saw!!

Reactions: OCBoy

You're right. And I was thinking about this driving back to the house tonight. Did the move in the late 90s for Louisa from the Battlefield to the Jefferson help them? I'm not sure it did. Yes, the Battlefield is now essentially a two team league with King George and Eastern View, but nobody has given them a tough time in the Jefferson in the last seven years.

I wonder if Louisa should have left the Jefferson to go to the Commonwealth or the western most Richmond area Class 5 District since they are moving up. Or if this was even a discussion point at all.

I'll give it to Louisa for never giving up.

You're right. And I was thinking about this driving back to the house tonight. Did the move in the late 90s for Louisa from the Battlefield to the Jefferson help them? I'm not sure it did. Yes, the Battlefield is now essentially a two team league with King George and Eastern View, but nobody has given them a tough time in the Jefferson in the last seven years.

I wonder if Louisa should have left the Jefferson to go to the Commonwealth or the western most Richmond area Class 5 District since they are moving up. Or if this was even a discussion point at all.
Orange and Louisa should have never left the battlefield. Louisa absolutely should go to the Commonwealth district.

Y’all guys are too nice!! Their halftime adjustments were the refs!! Great called game in the first half then the second half was a shit show from the refs. It was a blatant show of one sidedness and each one of those red should never be allowed to ref again. Disgusting. Louisa should have been flaghed for blowing that damn train horn during kicks and such but never were
Actually if you paid attention to the game you would see that they switched 97 from Defensive end to nose guard and he stopped the run. Salem scored 15 the whole second half. Had they made this adjustment in the first quarter it would have been a different game. My son pleaded with the coach at halftime to put him there. Shouldn't have had to do that. Good luck to Salem in the next round.

Reactions: racindan4u
I thought I might have seen Salem’s sophomore center plant on his back in what
Actually if you paid attention to the game you would see that they switched 97 from Defensive end to nose guard and he stopped the run. Salem scored 15 the whole second half. Had they made this adjustment in the first quarter it would have been a different game. My son pleaded with the coach at halftime to put him there. Shouldn't have had to do that. Good luck to Salem in the next round.
I thought I might have seen Salem’s sophomore center plant him on his back in what in Salem the call a Cake. I was watching on my iPhone 10R on the Facebook page.

Reactions: SalemFTB
I personally don't think it would have mattered. Salem still ate up the clock and scored when needed to.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I thought I might have seen Salem’s sophomore center plant on his back in what

I thought I might have seen Salem’s sophomore center plant him on his back in what in Salem the call a Cake. I was watching on my iPhone 10R on the Facebook page.
Good for him. You can't win them all. All I said was he stopped the run, which he did who cares if a sophomore pancakes him 1 time the whole game. He probably slipped. Point was they only scored 15 pts the whole half because of the adjustment. You guys are so negative when it comes to these kids giving all they got every Friday night for there team and there community.

Reactions: racindan4u
I personally don't think it would have mattered. Salem still ate up the clock and scored when needed to.
I do. Defense spent the whole first half on the field because the ran it straight down the middle and ate up the clock as you said. Can't win if offense can't get on the field. After the adjustments. We were able to make stops and score 24 pts to Salem’s 15.

Sir, I saw the adjustment, but it’s hard to run an offense if the refs are picking you apart. I’m sorry for your son he is a phenomenal player and the sky’s the limit for him.

Good for him. You can't win them all. All I said was he stopped the run, which he did who cares if a sophomore pancakes him 1 time the whole game. He probably slipped. Point was they only scored 15 pts the whole half because of the adjustment. You guys are so negative when it comes to these kids giving all they got every Friday night for there team and there community.
Maybe we just positive about our kids? You are right though.,,, blame the coaches for the loss. Stay classy, San Diego.

Thank god for small miracles, I guess.

Reactions: dblplaa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT