ADVERTISEMENT

Seminole district next year

Dec 6, 2016
I am bored.
1) Heritage - to be the Man U got to beat the man,.
2) Glass - return the most talent and my guess is the district will be decided when they play heritage.

I think Heritage and Glass are poised to make a run at state titles.
After that I think the district may be a little down.
Brookville and Liberty lost a lot of seniors.
Jf coaching change
Rustburg and Lca should be better.
Amherst will improve but talent is not at the level it was a few years ago.

I am bored.
2) Glass - return the most talent and my guess is the district will be decided when they play heritage.

Jf coaching change
I think you will be a little surprised at Amherst

What does that mean? I think they will be good just not on the level with the top two. I don’t think they have as much talent as jf and if Christmas stayed at jf they were not beating glass or heritage. Add to that they are learning a new system on offense and defense. Also Christmas has been in the Seminole for 5 years and people are learning how to defend his offense.

What does that mean? I think they will be good just not on the level with the top two. I don’t think they have as much talent as jf and if Christmas stayed at jf they were not beating glass or heritage. Add to that they are learning a new system on offense and defense. Also Christmas has been in the Seminole for 5 years and people are learning how to defend his offense.
I never said that they would be competitive with Glass or HHS. I’m being positive and believe it. Amherst will have more players come out this year. I’ve heard they had some really good players. Don’t knock me down please, thanks

Reactions: OCBoy
I never said that they would be competitive with Glass or HHS. I’m being positive and believe it. Amherst will have more players come out this year. I’ve heard they had some really good players. Don’t knock me down please, thanks
I am not, my only prediction is that heritage and glass are the favorites. I could see Amherst finishing as high as 3rd in the district. I really have no clue or even a guess on the other teams. Hoping someone could talk about their expectations for their team in the district.

I am bored.

Jf coaching change
I agree with the top two! I’m gonna go out on a limb and say that Rustburg might be the surprise team in the district. By surprise I mean they finish 5-5 or 6-4 and maybe as high as 3rd in the district. From what I understand, They were young last year and had a good QB and a very dynamic freshman receiver. Of course the coaching will be top tier with Baker and staff.

From what I've heard Amherst is losing a few players. Not because of the program but because parents are changing jobs and moving. I think they will get more kids that come out than last year tho. There are always some mules walking around that school just gotta get em to come out and play. Same with basketball.

Reactions: VolNation85
Its crazy, because last year I was really high on Brookville last year, and they fell off a little at the end of the season. I said Heritage was going to be down but still competitive.The exceeded expectations and won the Seminole. I said Glass' Defense was going to be down and they were better(during the reg season). I agree that the Seminole will be down, and that it is between Heritage and Glass.

Rustburg will be better and like @VolNation85 they could surprise folks.

Liberty could still be up(maybe they will), but they lost a lot of line talent. They have a nice young quarterback.

LCA should be up. I like what they return offensively.

Brookville lost Glaize and everything went through him. They do have some nice players in other places but they absolutely have to be strong in the running game in order to succeed. Can't be too predictable on offense either. Defensively they'll be fine. But overall I think they'll be down.

JF will be a senior laden team, and I think their senior class is as deep as Glass, but how will the coaching change affect the team.

Amherst Give them a year...

Last edited:
Heard that rumor but don’t know if it’s a done deal.
I hope he doesn’t leave but if he does I’m not sure why he wouldn’t go to Amherst. He knows Christmas is run heavy, would spotlight him, and has already gotten him big SEC D1 looks through connections. Seems weird

I hope he doesn’t leave but if he does I’m not sure why he wouldn’t go to Amherst. He knows Christmas is run heavy, would spotlight him, and has already gotten him big SEC D1 looks through connections. Seems weird
You can’t just go to the school of your choice. You must have a physical move most families can’t just buy a second house.

I also
i

christmas has nothing to do with him getting offers. The kid earned his offers.

I've always been a fan of the seminole and more than having just one team, I've been a fan of the long line of great coaches that have come through the seminole(Woody, Baker, Christmas, etc.)And I've always just been a spectator on here but your constant deriding of Christmas when he's mentioned with no sort of empirical or quantifiable justification has got me off the bench:)

1. You mentioned in a previous message that Christmas has been running the same O for 5 years now and people are starting to figure it out. Wrong- this year was actually their second to biggest offensive production year yet(including around 600 yards against state champ Heritage).

2. Christmas don't believe in playing defense? I followed Christmas online after he left JF the first time and he coached some teams with stellar defenses in GA. He obviously believes in playing D and I've heard he will not have the same DC at Amherst as he did at JF.

3. No one said Christmas got him offers but coaches have always worked connections to get kids looks which is the only thing that was said. Keenan is primarily being recruited as a running back(1800 yards) and yes, Christmas has a son who is an assistant strength coach for UGA who arranged Keenan to go down last summer and visit(Which is what Keenan himself said to players after the visit).

I am not a Christmas OR Jefferson Forest loyalist - I cheer for the seminole and love years where we dominate the state - but if you're going to have strong and consistent critiques of a local coach then please have some sort of logical and empirical defense of such. Everyone on here does a great job for the most part of not having axes to grind with individuals(coaches or players) and that makes the board enjoyable to read. But I've seen time and time again that if anyone says anything even slightly positive about Christmas you are quick to slam him and it's just getting a little old IMO.

I also
i

christmas has nothing to do with him getting offers. The kid earned his offers.
Actually the coaches have some part of it
I've always been a fan of the seminole and more than having just one team, I've been a fan of the long line of great coaches that have come through the seminole(Woody, Baker, Christmas, etc.)And I've always just been a spectator on here but your constant deriding of Christmas when he's mentioned with no sort of empirical or quantifiable justification has got me off the bench:)

1. You mentioned in a previous message that Christmas has been running the same O for 5 years now and people are starting to figure it out. Wrong- this year was actually their second to biggest offensive production year yet(including around 600 yards against state champ Heritage).

2. Christmas don't believe in playing defense? I followed Christmas online after he left JF the first time and he coached some teams with stellar defenses in GA. He obviously believes in playing D and I've heard he will not have the same DC at Amherst as he did at JF.

3. No one said Christmas got him offers but coaches have always worked connections to get kids looks which is the only thing that was said. Keenan is primarily being recruited as a running back(1800 yards) and yes, Christmas has a son who is an assistant strength coach for UGA who arranged Keenan to go down last summer and visit(Which is what Keenan himself said to players after the visit).

I am not a Christmas OR Jefferson Forest loyalist - I cheer for the seminole and love years where we dominate the state - but if you're going to have strong and consistent critiques of a local coach then please have some sort of logical and empirical defense of such. Everyone on here does a great job for the most part of not having axes to grind with individuals(coaches or players) and that makes the board enjoyable to read. But I've seen time and time again that if anyone says anything even slightly positive about Christmas you are quick to slam him and it's just getting a little old IMO.
Thank you for that post. I’ve met him several times now and several of us went out to dinner the other night. He is one of the nicest people I’ve met in a long time. He has passion for whoever he is coaching. We are looking forward to him being the coach of Amherst. He is excited and so are the fans

Christmas runs an offensive system and he runs it very well. If you look at offensive output he is always amongst the leaders in the district (usually #1). But are you trying to argue that his teams are not one of the worst defenses in the district every year. Nobody said Christmas was not a great coach. I even stated that Amherst would be a lot better. I personally don’t put him in the category of Woody, Bradley, and smith.

Christmas runs an offensive system and he runs it very well. If you look at offensive output he is always amongst the leaders in the district (usually #1). But are you trying to argue that his teams are not one of the worst defenses in the district every year. Nobody said Christmas was not a great coach. I even stated that Amherst would be a lot better. I personally don’t put him in the category of Woody, Bradley, and smith.

Didn't say you didn't admit to him being a great coach - said that nothing positive can ever be mentioned about him without you trying to counter it with something negative.

And of course I'm not trying to argue that they have not had one of the worst defenses in the district - most especially the last three seasons. If Christmas had a fault in that it would be that he let his longtime friendship with the DC keep him from making a change sooner. That said - while I believe he will coach one of the lines at Amherst he will not be the DC.

Didn't say you didn't admit to him being a great coach - said that nothing positive can ever be mentioned about him without you trying to counter it with something negative.

And of course I'm not trying to argue that they have not had one of the worst defenses in the district - most especially the last three seasons. If Christmas had a fault in that it would be that he let his longtime friendship with the DC keep him from making a change sooner. That said - while I believe he will coach one of the lines at Amherst he will not be the DC.
I believe Amherst has a DC, Jeff Crews

I said I believe he would be the DC, but he is coming back
@wikki what is your opinion on how the administration did Crews? Here’s a man that has been 100% all in for the student-athletes and head coaches of Amherst for close to 10 years (if not), remains loyal to them when Phillips left, and when they hired and let go of Porter. He then sacrifices his personal desires and accepts the interim job and salvaged anything that could be salvaged only to be passed over for when he applies for the job the last go round.

Jfca

then people better watch out for Amherst they going to be a hard to handle.
Is that sarcasm?
@wikki what is your opinion on how the administration did Crews? Here’s a man that has been 100% all in for the student-athletes and head coaches of Amherst for close to 10 years (if not), remains loyal to them when Phillips left, and when they hired and let go of Porter. He then sacrifices his personal desires and accepts the interim job and salvaged anything that could be salvaged only to be passed over for when he applies for the job the last go round.
I really don’t know how I feel. Since I wasn’t involved I have to accept the decision that was made. I think Crews knew that he may not get the HC job. They were looking for HC experience so I guess that is what they went with. The same with any employer, you may not be guaranteed a position. After last year’s debacle, they needed to get the experience and Coach Christmas had it of course. I like Crews a lot and the kids love him. But is he what Amherst needed, not sure. Time will only tell

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT