ADVERTISEMENT

Sick to my stomach

nm
Without Davis, heritage is at BEST a .500 team
But according to pioneer4life they are elite at every position on both sides of the ball!!! Oh and didn't JF play with a 3rd quarterback and without Hackworth and Blake their 2 leading rushers? Does Davis play defense for Heritage? If not a bunch of backups hung 38 on them and had them on the ropes.

I’m a Heritage fan but I’m definitely not bias when it comes to them, but great job from both teams. Jf definitely put a great fight that’s what high school football is all about. But that’s how it is in High school football, teams ride the stars in crucial moments, Davis was the hot hand last night. JF was the same way with Navy Jones when he was playing, take him out the equation and maybe a .500 team those years who knows (JUST SAYING)

Heritage also has a good offensive line that opens the holes for Davis and wide receivers that blocks downfield when Davis gets those long runs. It’s a 11 man effort not just a one man show

Heritage goes as Davis goes but if you can contain him then you have a very good chance to upset them. Davis had 15 carries for 350 yds and 5 TDs, after his first 2 he had 2 TDs and 140 yds on the ground. The running back is special no denying that.

I’m a Heritage fan but I’m definitely not bias when it comes to them, but great job from both teams. Jf definitely put a great fight that’s what high school football is all about. But that’s how it is in High school football, teams ride the stars in crucial moments, Davis was the hot hand last night. JF was the same way with Navy Jones when he was playing, take him out the equation and maybe a .500 team those years who knows (JUST SAYING)
Gotta disagree there, Cam miller almost had 2,000 yards rushing that year as well. Their QB also ran for 1,000, a full back for 800, and their receivers were loaded with speed as well. He was definitely a star but those two years there were freak athletes all over the field.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
He is definitely a special kid. I can’t believe he doesn’t have any offers yet

Gotta disagree there, Cam miller almost had 2,000 yards rushing that year as well. Their QB also ran for 1,000, a full back for 800, and their receivers were loaded with speed as well. He was definitely a star but those two years there were freak athletes all over the field.

I wouldn’t put the term freak athletes in reference to JFs skill position as a whole in the last 5-10 years maybe longer than that. Navy Jones was the heartbeat of that team he was special when the ball hit his hands but when you contained him as Salem did (i was in attendance) JF just wasn’t the same team. Yes the other players had success off of them but nearly every player in this offense is designed to rack up the yardage. It’s a 3 yards and cloud of dust until you bust a big one because of a missed assignment or a pure schematical advantage.

Freak athletes would be used to describe the Amherst teams of the mid 2000s please don’t confuse your fandom with over reaching statements.

Reactions: Lnacerhoo and wikki
He is definitely a special kid. I can’t believe he doesn’t have any offers yet

I anticipate He has many d2s or garnering attention from FCS but the major D1s are currently polishing their classes off with this early signing period. I wouldnt Be surprised if he gains an offer after December, but maybe not i hope he gets the opportunity.

I wouldn’t put the term freak athletes in reference to JFs skill position as a whole in the last 5-10 years maybe longer than that. Navy Jones was the heartbeat of that team he was special when the ball hit his hands but when you contained him as Salem did (i was in attendance) JF just wasn’t the same team. Yes the other players had success off of them but nearly every player in this offense is designed to rack up the yardage. It’s a 3 yards and cloud of dust until you bust a big one because of a missed assignment or a pure schematical advantage.

Freak athletes would be used to describe the Amherst teams of the mid 2000s please don’t confuse your fandom with over reaching statements.

Give that a watch, buddy.

Haha y’all are a trip. They had 6-7 different big time playmakers in a high school football setting. Is that better for you guys? Is that an acceptable way of putting it....

Haha y’all are a trip. They had 6-7 different big time playmakers in a high school football setting. Is that better for you guys? Is that an acceptable way of putting it....

What makes them big time other than navy jones? What accolades did they have? Cam Trent was a solid back maybe the closest to being considered a Bonafide playmaker

To me what JF has shown vs Heritage is that you can run the football on them. JF has not been very good on defense all year. A good running team with a good defense will beat Heritage.

You're absolutely right. They had skill players on that team that never had a carry that could lead most teams. Of course Navy was amazing but Cam Miller was just a good a runner (although different type). They had a few others that were even faster than them that were seldom used. They also had some of the best D backs in the state in those years, leading the seminole in interceptions. It's a shame they put defense on the back burner...

JF, if they even had a mediocre defense this year they would be in the top 3. Their defense is simply horrible.

To me what JF has shown vs Heritage is that you can run the football on them. JF has not been very good on defense all year. A good running team with a good defense will beat Heritage.
I like that formula to beating most teams,not just Heritage.I look at the playoffs teams in the D bracket and what team can do both?maybe Blacksburg.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
I like that formula to beating most teams,not just Heritage.I look at the playoffs teams in the D bracket and what team can do both?maybe Blacksburg.
Byrd can run the football and play very solid against the run. Not sure how they would do defensively against great balanced teams.

Other teams tried to run on Heritage this year without success. JF's offense is very good and that's without their top 2 RB's and literally no deception in the wishbone. All just brute force. The credit has to go to Coach Grove's O line....

Other teams tried to run on Heritage this year without success. JF's offense is very good and that's without their top 2 RB's and literally no deception in the wishbone. All just brute force. The credit has to go to Coach Grove's O line....
No deception? Hahahaha are you kidding? Have you ever seen them play. You’ve got no clue

Reactions: MaroonandGold29
What makes them big time other than navy jones? What accolades did they have? Cam Trent was a solid back maybe the closest to being considered a Bonafide playmaker
It’s clear you didn’t watch any of the link I just posted. But yes JF defense has always been terrible and you’ll never beat the great teams with a terrible defense.

No deception? Hahahaha are you kidding? Have you ever seen them play. You’ve got no clue

How often do you lose the ball with this year's and last years team? Hardly ever. To add to that most of the year they played with a sluggish QB who couldn't run. Smith at least adds the QB run back to the playbook.

In 14-15 you would not be able to find the ball until the runner was halfway to the goal line. Had to do with the quickness of the backfield, QB, and following through on the fakes.

It’s clear you didn’t watch any of the link I just posted. But yes JF defense has always been terrible and you’ll never beat the great teams with a terrible defense.

I did watch the link but again what makes those players big time? Where are they now? Coleman Fox was big time and notice he plays at VT, Coleton Beck, another, you’re sadly mistaken if you believe Jefferson Forest is a team with several freak athletes and big time playmakers. When you take your homer blinders off you’ll understand, so all those players you’re talking about possess the same talent as the Davis kid from HHS?

Was* a team with several big HIGH SCHOOL playmakers. And they showed that all year long. You done or what?

I did watch the link but again what makes those players big time? Where are they now? Coleman Fox was big time and notice he plays at VT, Coleton Beck, another, you’re sadly mistaken if you believe Jefferson Forest is a team with several freak athletes and big time playmakers. When you take your homer blinders off you’ll understand, so all those players you’re talking about possess the same talent as the Davis kid from HHS?
Never said any of them are at the caliber of Davis. Please find where I said that.

Never said any of them are at the caliber of Davis. Please find where I said that.

That’s a freak athlete. So when you made that comment you subjected yourself to that critique of your over reaching statement.

That comment placed those athletes into the Elijah Davis freak athlete category, many posters agree about Navy jones but the rest of the roster is rather depleted.

That’s a freak athlete. So when you made that comment you subjected yourself to that critique of your over reaching statement.
Holy crap hahahah what is it that I can say? Bc I already adjusted my statement for you once..... you done or nah....

That comment placed those athletes into the Elijah Davis freak athlete category, many posters agree about Navy jones but the rest of the roster is rather depleted.
Not that year it wasn’t depleted at all. Look at the stats, look at the opponents, look at the blowouts

My original point was made Loud and clearly what freak athletes were over the field for Jefferson Forest? How do you define a freak athlete? What makes them big high school playmakers how many were all state or all region, are you just happy because their team had some success and ran the scores up to pad stats? I’m not quite sure what you’re looking for in big games where big time players show up where were was the arsenal of athletes to make big plays and etc? I’m done talking about another JF team that accomplished as much as i did In my tenure there a regional championship loss...when you show me the bonafide playmakers who aren’t a product of a system and are freak athletes like a Navy Jones i might stop but until you take off your blinders I’ll keep showing you the light.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT