Skyline 69 Meridian 34 Final Skyline now 16-0

schoolboard

VaPreps All District
Oct 21, 2006
Zack Diggs 18 points.
Elias Carter 10 pts 7 rebounds
Dwayne Tucker 9 pts 9 rebounds
Elijah Cabness 8 pts

This Mustang team gave Spotswood a good game, so this is an impressive victory.

Reactions: blackknight_pride
Zack Diggs 18 points.
Elias Carter 10 pts 7 rebounds
Dwayne Tucker 9 pts 9 rebounds
Elijah Cabness 8 pts

This Mustang team gave Spotswood a good game, so this is an impressive victory.

Big win. I still think Spotswood would handle Skyline but this is certainly a statement for the Hawks. Should cruise rest of the way. I expect Monroe and Meridian to give them good fights on their own home floors but 22-0 is a real possibility, and they should be the favorites to win 3B.

Well, Northside is going to "handle" Spotswood, so it really is a moot point.

Fair enough. It's high school basketball so anything could happen. My main point was Skyline plays a relatively "weak" schedule. however, they have done their job and had some impressive wins, and there is no need on my part to knock on them. I do think Spotswood's strength of schedule (Glass x2, Cave Spring, Fluvanna, Riverbend) will help them long term whereas Skyline hasn't played any teams on their level thus far which could hurt them when they play one of the Region 3A top two. I am rooting for them.

well, this is pretty much the same team that played South Lakes, Western Albemarle, and Hopewell last year.

well, this is pretty much the same team that played South Lakes, Western Albemarle, and Hopewell last year.

Good point. Instead of bringing down a team like I have I'm going to attempt to salvage this thread.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Skyline in person. Diggs is the real deal, was very impressed with their composure and teamwork. Good luck to the Hawks the rest of the way! Meridian had a big win at Monroe in overtime which shakes up the race for the #2 spot in the district (and region).

Hopewell, lake Taylor petersburg and probably booker t washington from 3a Hopewell is tough. loss can to undefeated and number one team in the country John Marshall by 18 points. Hopewell 14-2 is fast athletic and can shoot 6 -10 freshman and getting better and they are 6 deep at guard position plus 6-5 center james is soild they will be a tough team to beat and there schedule is pretty tough which helps them. good luck to all the teams.

Yeah, while I like Skyline, I think Northside/Hopewell is most likely state title game.

Anything can happen but I think strength of schedule means alot but also in the playoffs it's about match ups some teams just match better against each but we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT