ADVERTISEMENT

So which outcomes surprised you this week?

You guy's just got blanked by Maury. I promise you these defenses will be close to the same level as that come December. With that said all of these teams have big games this week. We will get plenty of answers and should be some good talk on Saturday.
Cool and you clearly didn’t watch the game. We legit didn’t show anything lol. And Maury is the best team in the state talent wise this year. No other team in the state has as many 4 stars and a 5 star on their roster. This comment was funny. You’re talking like Maury ain’t a dream team this year.

I’m assuming you’re a Dinwiddie fan? You’ll see in a couple weeks when Maury comes up there and dominates.

@Phoebus Fan, you know I respect your opinion and the Phantoms program, but are you really poking your chest out over taking another teams best players (transfers) and calling them yours? Is that how the great and powerful Phoebus teams of past earned their stripes?

We get it. Phoebus is the bomb diggity and the rest of Class 4 should just stay on the bus. Lol I don't understand why you keep saying "y'all don't know what Phoebus has". The Class 4 posters are by far the most knowledgeable group on this board. Everybody knows and acknowledges the talent Phoebus has, but unfortunately you still have to prove it on the field. As @Thomasddev noted your regular season schedule and the region playoffs will offer very little challenge for the Phantoms.

I don't care what anybody says King George, Varina, Dinwiddie, or anybody who comes out of B are going to knock heads with Phantoms. In fact, I know your defense very well and the King George offense is capable of exposing your weaknesses. What I don't know is if the Foxes can stop your offense. Believe me the boys in Navy are not going to lay down if they get the chance. Remember 2010, our little one horse town team led by @General172011, who plays with what we raise, scared the piss out of the Phantoms for 3 and 3/4 quarters. Just my ten cents. Good luck to the Phantoms on Friday.
This is why i didn’t really want to offer my opinion when asked because i knew it would lead to the dumba$$ comments like “Phoebus is almighty and everyone should stay on the bus”. All i said is Phoebus has the advantage in the trenches. I clearly answered a person who asked me my opinion on Phoebus Vs those 3 Richmond area teams. Don’t get in your feelings. I got nothing but respect for Dinwiddie and Mills.

And the reason why i keep saying people don’t know what Phoebus has is because I’m reading posts and people clearly don’t know what we have yet. You’re talking about King George can expose our weakness but don’t even know what our weakness is because we don’t even know what our weakness is. And we didn’t take Woodside’s best player Warwick did. Matter fact they took their two best players. Players transfer in every year because they want a chance to win and go to college. And who cares about that 2010 game in 2023.

Phoebus plays a weak schedule they better hope it doesn't bite them come state semis because Region B is unlike anything they saw last year or will see this year in the regular season. I don't want to hear what Phoebus has unless they are willing to challenge their players by playing better comp. Oscar Smith was weak last year and that was the best team Phoebus played. Oscar Smith appears to be the best team on Phoebus schedule this year but Oscar Smith barely beat a weak Hermitage team last week. If Phoebus wins the C4 championship this year I will give them props but if not they have no one to Blame but themselves. Dinwiddie had the guts to put Maury and Glenville on their schedule and Varina plays HSHS and they put Freedom on their schedule. Real teams don't run from the smoke they embrace it.
See more complete Bs on this board. Phoebus can’t schedule big teams because we are locked in to a 9 game district schedule that VHSL will not let us out of plus Hampton City will take the money we make them but wont give back to help us travel places. We scheduled Oscar Smith to complete the series this year. Nobody is ducking smoke cut the BS…crazy all i said was Phoebus has the advantage in the trenches which they clearly do and y’all come left and right with nonsense.

I want to know why Phoebus does not schedule tougher games on their schedule. Maury has been stepping up their schedule the past few years but i don't see Phoebus doing the same. They play Oscar Smith but that is about it. With a team that talented it seems like they would want to challenge their players a little more than they do.
Maury plays in a 8 team district which gives them 3 out of conference games. Do some research first

This is why i didn’t really want to offer my opinion when asked because i knew it would lead to the dumba$$ comments like “Phoebus is almighty and everyone should stay on the bus”. All i said is Phoebus has the advantage in the trenches. I clearly answered a person who asked me my opinion on Phoebus Vs those 3 Richmond area teams. Don’t get in your feelings. I got nothing but respect for Dinwiddie and Mills.

And the reason why i keep saying people don’t know what Phoebus has is because I’m reading posts and people clearly don’t know what we have yet. You’re talking about King George can expose our weakness but don’t even know what our weakness is because we don’t even know what our weakness is. And we didn’t take Woodside’s best player Warwick did. Matter fact they took their two best players. Players transfer in every year because they want a chance to win and go to college. And who cares about that 2010 game in 2023.
Sorry I got you riled up. My statement was tongue in cheek (sarcastic) and I even typed lol. Please read my previous post about the Phoebus line play. I agreed with you totally about Phoebus having the advantage in the interior line. In fact, I even said we (Dinwiddie) were light in the tail (small). Advantage Phoebus! I have never once said Dinwiddie could beat Phoebus this year.

I do stand by my statements about the transfer(s). You have brought it up numerous times and I honestly was wondering with all the talent Phoebus has returning you would focus on the transfers. You stated in a previous post the Woodside kids left after the coach resigned and three ended up at Phoebus and two at Warwick. I found the situation interesting that all of the the star players would leave their high school and not give the new staff a shot.

I brought up King George, because based on your statement "we have seven returning starters from a historic defense" and seeing those seven play last year I know exactly what King George receiving corps can do against the Phantoms secondary. Wow, so we can't have a conversation about who could possibly challenge the Phantoms in the state semis?

Yes, you are correct about 2010, but again I was just poking fun. If you knew how that loss still lays on the fans of Navy Nation minds you would understand. Kind of like how Lake Taylor felt before finally getting a win against you guys. Dang, you should view that as a compliment to the Phoebus program.

Last edited:
With all due respect, until any team in the 757 beats Dinwiddie, Varina, or Highland Springs in the big game, I really don’t see any arguments. The 804 owns the 757. Last time y’all saw a win against us was 2019 when Varina threw 5 picks and Maury’s “best team ever” only beat them by 3 points. Football & basketball, the 804 owns you.

With all due respect, until any team in the 757 beats Dinwiddie, Varina, or Highland Springs in the big game, I really don’t see any arguments. The 804 owns the 757. Last time y’all saw a win against us was 2019 when Varina threw 5 picks and Maury’s “best team ever” only beat them by 3 points. Football & basketball, the 804 owns you.
I called a Varina State Title after watching them play Highland Springs in the regular season that year. None of my friends believed me but that game told me alot about Varina. I was hurt that they played that bad in the Semis I just knew that season was going to end in a ring

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I called a Varina State Title after watching them play Highland Springs in the regular season that year. None of my friends believed me but that game told me alot about Varina. I was hurt that they played that bad in the Semis I just knew that season was going to end in a ring
Search Danville Sports Head and Varina on VA Preps back in 2017/2018, I warned everyone about that 2020 class (got into many debates with @HooSprings that year) when they were sophomores. Varina went through so many lean years and that class got them back into contention. That particular year they made the move to put Bobby Dunn at QB and you could see that first Manchester game that they were going to be a huge problem even though they lost. Had he not had two tore ACLs before his junior year, they would’ve won that year with him 100% healthy.

Search Danville Sports Head and Varina on VA Preps back in 2017/2018, I warned everyone about that 2020 class (got into many debates with @HooSprings that year) when they were sophomores. Varina went through so many lean years and that class got them back into contention. That particular year they made the move to put Bobby Dunn at QB and you could see that first Manchester game that they were going to be a huge problem even though they lost. Had he not had two tore ACLs before his junior year, they would’ve won that year with him 100% healthy.
They were absolutely loaded at the skill position that year an their line play was good as well. Isaiah Paige was a treat to watch that entire year

They were absolutely loaded at the skill position that year a their line play was good as well. Isaiah Paige was a treat to watch that entire year
Bro as great as Zay was, Barry Hill was just as good!! WILD the numbers he put up that year. Zo Ford (ODU), Lorenz Terry (UVA), Jailin Walker (JMU), etc. They were loaded!

Reactions: General172011
Cool and you clearly didn’t watch the game. We legit didn’t show anything lol. And Maury is the best team in the state talent wise this year. No other team in the state has as many 4 stars and a 5 star on their roster. This comment was funny. You’re talking like Maury ain’t a dream team this year.

I’m assuming you’re a Dinwiddie fan? You’ll see in a couple weeks when Maury comes up there and dominates.
Why would you play a regular season game and not "show anything"? Doesn't make any sense.

County is the returning champs of the Dulles area. They looked big and played well in all areas just like last year. There QB play is better than last year as well. Woodgrove disappointed on offense and defense from what I was expecting. They have a good QB and new Offensive Coordinator I believe. They started with a great well balanced long drive but let LC score on 1 run play to tie it up. LC looked a little better. They were good last year and seem to be the favorites to represent Region C, but we'll see.

Keep your strong opinions going sir and keep your posts coming. We need inside info from those that know. Without posts like yours this board can be stale, cautious, apologetic and limited to 2 regions.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
Well I think Phoebus will handle OS. In fact, the way the handled them last year was the most shocked I have been in probably 3 years. I actually thought it was a typo when I first saw the score come across. I was surprised how hermitage hung around with OS last week. Kings George won't really be tested until 2nd round of the regionals. All of these teams are in the top 5 in my view. Varina, Dinwiddie, Phoebus, KG etc. Just bc Phoebus and KG schedule is lighter doesn't mean they aren't the best team. What I will say is if Dinwiddie beats Maury i'll have them as my leader until they lose.

@mbonape1, that's a huge if. I am not just being humble, I truly believe Maury is the better right now. @Phoebus Fan mentioned he saw a difference in this team and he is spot on. The offensive line play and immature receivers are the difference at this moment. Teams are loading the box and it is limiting the big play on the ground.

On Friday night Coach Mills told the team he liked the improvement he saw and to use the "hurt" from the Glenville game to keep them motivated. Our O line play was a question mark last year and that unit turned out to be quite good.

Are we ready for Maury, Phoebus, King George, and Varina right now? Maybe not, but I think we will get there. I predicted a 8-2 or 7-3 regular season finish from the beginning. I never doubt the determination of our team or Coach Mills, so I have hopes the Generals will prove me wrong.

Colonial Heights 40, New Kent 0
OCs when is the last time Colonial Heights beat somebody by 40 points?

Reactions: mbonape1
Warhill beating Matoaca 21-7. Big surprise, but a huge win!

Eastern View playing Westmoreland a Class 1 team (not a bordering school) and obliterating them 76-6. Obviously not shocked by the win or the score. I realize Westmoreland signed on for this game, but I have to ask the Cyclone faithful why? Does anyone else besides me see this as overkill!

Reactions: cavaliers91
Warhill beating Matoaca 21-7. Big surprise, but a huge win!

Eastern View playing Westmoreland a Class 1 team (not a bordering school) and obliterating them 76-6. Obviously not shocked by the win or the score. I realize Westmoreland signed on for this game, but I have to ask the Cyclone faithful why? Does anyone else besides me see this as overkill!
That does seem like a strange matchup. Both teams were probably desperate

Varina got behind early tonight. Threw a pick in the red zone and Freedom scored a TD on the ensuing drive. Blue Devils could’ve won that thing tonight. Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve. Think they’re a very very dangerous team in C4.

Reactions: mbonape1
I honestly don’t see how Varina keeps this game within 21 points. No disrespect to Varina but watching the film from last week….. I think they keep it respectable for a half
I believe that even after last season's championship, just how good Freedom really was/is, is still being overstated. Based on my research last season Freedom was not better or worse than Dinwiddie or Phoebus the D3 champ. These 3 teams were even. That was based on scores of games involving the same or similar opponents. Hence, Varina did keep the game within 21 points and scored 27! Unless Freedom is going to be playing an entirely cupcake schedule this season, the D6 champ's slip is showing. They are in trouble. Highland Springs is the least of their worries. But I wish them further success.

Reactions: BleedingNavy
I believe that even after last season's championship, just how good Freedom really was/is, is still being overstated. Based on my research last season Freedom was not better or worse than Dinwiddie or Phoebus the D3 champ. These 3 teams were even. That was based on scores of games involving the same or similar opponents. Hence, Varina did keep the game within 21 points and scored 27! Unless Freedom is going to be playing an entirely cupcake schedule this season, the D6 champ's slip is showing. They are in trouble. Highland Springs is the least of their worries. But I wish them further success.
The playoffs will be interesting. I said last year that the top teams in each of the higher classes could give each other good games, and I believe that this year. I still think Freedom deserves that respect. In both of their games this season, they went on the road and quickly raced out to large leads, and then scored only one touchdown in the second half. I've only seen highlights, so I have no idea what happened at Varina, nor can tell if they are hitting the brakes during these games. But I wouldn't be surprised if they are playing for the long term and keeping their roster healthy, as I think they have guys that go both ways. I still think next week's game with DeMatha will be a better test of where they stand, and from what I've heard, DeMatha is probably the strongest team they should see this year. I'm planning on seeing that one live.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenneth Harris
Yeah, they played terrible the 2nd half an Varina played tremendous defense the 2nd half. It’s been well stated Varinas defense will keep them in a lot of games this year. Freedom got lackadaisical with the ball thinking Varina was just a regular Northern team an it almost cost them. I still have concerns over Varina’s offensive identity but they showed me a lot of resolve last night!! Region 4B once again is going to be a slobberknocker

Warhill has a very good team, but I gave matoaca the home field and thought they would win.
There was a lot of hype coming out of the Matoaca camp this summer. I think that’ll cool off. We shall see how the Warriors respond but also what a good win for Warhill to travel into unfamiliar territory an control that game from start to finish

Some of the better schools in NC and SC decided to take on Buford, Colquitt County, Langston Hughes, Lowndes, Benedictine and Grayson. GA will win them ALL. Comfortably. With the exception of that one between Creek and Buford. Butler will be no match for Hughes and I'd bet Grayson rolls Spartanburg and Fort Dorchester. They were too much for them last year.

I figured the GA schools would win, but expected a few of those to be more competitive..Dutch Fork vs Colquitt (CC 48-17) , Christ School vs Lowndes (Lowndes 46-21), and Chambers vs Benedictine (Benedictine 42-9). Not even close.
Still a lot of football left, but lookin' like I might eat some crow here. Butler up 30-14 on Langston Hughes.

Varina was good in that 2018-2019 year but since we are talking about ifs, if Dreshaun Taylor plays that year, HSHS easily beats Varina, Maury, and Stonebridge that year and earns their 5th straight title. He sat out that sophomore and transferred to LCA his junior year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT