ADVERTISEMENT

Springers beat Bird 34-20

springer76

VaPreps All District
Nov 21, 2008
Highland Springs, VA
Great game here! Birds Shedrick McCall was unstoppable in the first half as Bird to an early 8-0 lead, but HS comes back and score to make the score 8-6 . Second quarter, HS scores to make it 13-8. Bird was eating up a lot of clock with first downs one after another, but were stopped again. Hs S scores again going up 20-8. Bird scores again before halftime making it 20-14 @ halftime.
HS OWNED THE SECOND HALF!
We shut McCall down! He was going nowhere. Even fumbled 2 time with HS recovering both. Bird went with their passing game which was better than I expected, but amounted to nothing. QB threw 2 interceptions in 2nd half.
HSHS took advantage of the turnovers going up 27-14 early in the 4th qtr.. In the 4th, HS had the clamps down on Birds offense, unable to move the ball, they stayed bottled up deep in their own end of th field. Roughly 3 to 4 minutes to play HS scored again off a short field going up
34-14.
Bird was allowed to score as time trickled down under a minute making the score 34-20 (HS blocked the xpoint). The Springers the run out the clock in victory formation.
Springers' quest for a 2nd State Title continues next week against Norview!
Go Springers!

Great game here! Birds Shedrick McCall was unstoppable in the first half as Bird to an early 8-0 lead, but HS comes back and score to make the score 8-6 . Second quarter, HS scores to make it 13-8. Bird was eating up a lot of clock with first downs one after another, but were stopped again. Hs S scores again going up 20-8. Bird scores again before halftime making it 20-14 @ halftime.
HS OWNED THE SECOND HALF!
We shut McCall down! He was going nowhere. Even fumbled 2 time with HS recovering both. Bird went with their passing game which was better than I expected, but amounted to nothing. QB threw 2 interceptions in 2nd half.
HSHS took advantage of the turnovers going up 27-14 early in the 4th qtr.. In the 4th, HS had the clamps down on Birds offense, unable to move the ball, they stayed bottled up deep in their own end of th field. Roughly 3 to 4 minutes to play HS scored again off a short field going up
34-14.
Bird was allowed to score as time trickled down under a minute making the score 34-20 (HS blocked the xpoint). The Springers the run out the clock in victory formation.
Springers' quest for a 2nd State Title continues next week against Norview!
Go Springers!

Congrats on the big win sir. I lost ya somehow at the game so I grabbed one of the only open seats I could find. Bird just made too many mistakes. Did they have 4 or 5 turnovers? They also missed a wide open bomb. Receiver dropped it all alone. The big thing for HS was they got a good lead and that is really how you have to beat Bird. Not letting them just hand it off to big boy.

Your right Birds passing game was better than expected but all they do is that slow play action so its either a big play or a sack.

HS receiver, number 11 or 14 I think, is a stud. Number 7 is pretty dangerous as well on offense and defense. QB looks good but he got smacked by Rayshard Ashby. That was a momentum turner briefly. Without that hit Bird never gets back in the game.

Too many mistakes to overcome for Bird against a loaded HS team.

@springer76 you are reppin Richmond now. Go get that trophy, we are all behind you!

Congrats on the big win sir. I lost ya somehow at the game so I grabbed one of the only open seats I could find. Bird just made too many mistakes. Did they have 4 or 5 turnovers? They also missed a wide open bomb. Receiver dropped it all alone. The big thing for HS was they got a good lead and that is really how you have to beat Bird. Not letting them just hand it off to big boy.

Your right Birds passing game was better than expected but all they do is that slow play action so its either a big play or a sack.

HS receiver, number 11 or 14 I think, is a stud. Number 7 is pretty dangerous as well on offense and defense. QB looks good but he got smacked by Rayshard Ashby. That was a momentum turner briefly. Without that hit Bird never gets back in the game.

Too many mistakes to overcome for Bird against a loaded HS team.

@springer76 you are reppin Richmond now. Go get that trophy, we are all behind you!
Thank man! I was looking for you. Me and my crew wound up on the far side 40 down near the marching band.
I know bird had 4 turnovers in the 2nd half. I think the swapped 1 a piece in the 1st half.
We have Norview next week at HSHS.
Hpe maybe you can make it!
Drop me a line, I'll give you my number.
Email me at
moosecat2@verizon.net

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT