ADVERTISEMENT

SRHS vs Byrd

Aug 14, 2017
What did look like another thriller other then LB now does not seem so exciting to some with the loss of Basham. Let us not forget Byrd has MANY other playmakers and a good coach. If the sources are right in Basham leaving on Monday then they have had all week to make there adjustments. I'm sure the moral is a little low for Byrd with there best player being gone supposedly. But I hope they play well. With Basham I thought Staunton River would win 46-38. Without Basham.... I'm going 52-21. Oh and Grayson Overstreet breaks the rushing record in the first possession vs the school that currently holds it. Interested in some of y'alls thoughts.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
Situational irony I agree breaking the record against the school who proudly boasts the record holder. Be interesting to see how many games and carries it took for Overstreet to surpass OJT’s career numbers. A different style of play and offense for each.
Friday’s game lost some luster but not importance. The real impact could be how Byrd regroups for stretch run and will this game bring them closer or be the breaking point for late season swoon.

Welllllll.... Basham took the field today for practice. Not sure how I feel about that. Relieved they worked it out. But would hate to think it's all a hoax.

What’s up with the extra points or missed 2 pt conversions? does SR ever kick extra point? That can kill a team in playoffs

I was keeping up with this game, while heritage was getting the easy win...I picked SR to win this game. I caught a lot of crap when heritage lost to EC Glass but rivalry games bring out the best in teams. Byrd played without best player and almost won! Chucksteel25(I know you like this) Fun fact.... Heritage is clicking on all cylinders now.

Reactions: Chucksteel72
I was keeping up with this game, while heritage was getting the easy win...I picked SR to win this game. I caught a lot of crap when heritage lost to EC Glass but rivalry games bring out the best in teams. Byrd played without best player and almost won! Chucksteel25(I know you like this) Fun fact.... Heritage is clicking on all cylinders now.
This was another game in which SR was truly tested. These are the types of games that get you ready for the playoffs. I don't know if Basham plays on the defense for Byrd. But nevertheless that defense is stout in my opinion. Dantzler on offense is a tenacious kid. Plays with a lot of heart. SR had to earn their yardage the whole game. SR defense played extremely well when their backs were against the wall. Several missed opportunities for both teams last night. Hell of a game in my opinion.

How about the turn around Northside has made from the beginning of the season to now? Sounds like they let one slip away from them against LB last night. I noticed Northside last week was much better than anticipated. They are a physical team at this point in the season. SR, Byrd, Northside and LB are 4 very physical teams at this stage of the season in my opinion. Playoffs gonna be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT