ADVERTISEMENT

State Quarterfinal Thoughts...

I have seen McClung in person but it was his Sophomore year. I will leave it at this, QMR will be just as dangerous. Trust me, he will give GC problems. I'm not pulling for either team. I'm contemplating going up for this game.
McClung has gotten much, much better the past two seasons. More assertive, more confidence in his shot and his leaping ability has skyrocket. I think you may be reluctant to give McClung is fair due for some reason, I'm not saying Robertson isn't a great ballplayer and he very well may outperform McClung, but McClung has broke records and been such a talking point for a reason. I believe he is more dangerous bc he could go bananas and score 60, I'm not sure Robertson or anyone else is capable of doing that.

EDIT-and it's weird to praise anything Gate City related, they were our main rivals when I was in school and there's still not a lot of love lost.

Reactions: Buc101 and GMAlum
I hear what you're saying but a lot of the problems scoring the other night were just flat out missing shots. Yea some were tough because of Graham's stingy defense, but a lot of those shots are what was falling for them all season. GC didn't take advantage of their strength and that's driving and creating contact. Against Cleveland they put their best player on the bench in the first 3 minutes of the game by creating two quick fouls. GC settled too much in my opinion against Graham.
also buc in my opinion i dont think vermillion is that good of a coach, he has just had loads of talented teams at GC so it made him look good

Reactions: Buc101
I bet that John Marshall and Phoebus game will be a great one.
JM bores me. Too much 1 on 1. It’s ususlly sloppy because they play a do what you want offense. They’re not disciplined at all. I’d love to see Phoebus come to town and work them. Doubt it happens but that PG the Phantoms have (Miles) is very good. The game will be Varina/Hampton. I believe Varina is the best public school team in the whole state...Very very young (1 senior that sees meaningful minutes) and they’re entertaining and plays great team ball. Hampton has a very good team and rich tradition. They can shoot it deep. Whoever wins will probably win 5a..Gonna be a real good one!

I'm hearing Albermarle has a squad in 5A also. I remember watching Hampton ( Cat Barber ) beat Petersburg ( Frank Mason ) for the chip. Hampton seems to always have some good teams.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
I'm hearing Albermarle has a squad in 5A also. I remember watching Hampton ( Cat Barber ) beat Petersburg ( Frank Mason ) for the chip. Hampton seems to always have some good teams.
Albemarle is tough! Varina/Hampton and Highland Springs/Salem VA Beach won’t see Albemarle or Wakefield until the chip! I think any of those 6 teams can win. Varina has the talent to win at least 2 or 3 straight.

Reactions: ArcticBuc
I plan on being at the Abingdon/Brookville Class 3 girls game tonight and at the quadruple header at Wise tomorrow. Anyone from Henry County making the trip down, I would love to say hello. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT