ADVERTISEMENT

State schedule?

It's being proofed Mike. It's been a challenge for them because so many things have been so fluid. I believe their expectation is to release if the first part of this upcoming week.

The changes to the schedule have been an almost daily occurrence. And every change, such as a school, city or county deciding not to participate in fall sports reverberates far and wide. My hat is off to the VHSL. They must have made no less than 1000 changes to the schedule.

It's being proofed Mike. It's been a challenge for them because so many things have been so fluid. I believe their expectation is to release if the first part of this upcoming week.

The changes to the schedule have been an almost daily occurrence. And every change, such as a school, city or county deciding not to participate in fall sports reverberates far and wide. My hat is off to the VHSL. They must have made no less than 1000 changes to the schedule.

Your hat is off to the org that had a huge hand in screwing over VA kids while almost the entire continental US played fall sports?

I will not engage you in this argument, but you are not aware of the facts. The VHSL was and is following Govenor Northam's mandates. The VHSL is powerless to tell any school whether they can or cannot conduct an athletic activity.
But, the most important thing is to remember is this. The VHSL is owned and operated by the member schools. Any and all rules are voted on by the membership. Dr Billy Hahn has no power to tell the VHSL membership what it can or can't do.

I wish it was as simple as blaming the VHSL, or Goveneror Northam, or some health official that say's it isnt safe. That would make it easier to have someone to express our frustrations on.

I'm sorry the kids have lost what they have lost. And in hindsight, I personally believe shutting down the schools was a mistake. But that decision was not mine, and it certainly was not the VHSL's.

Reactions: falcettik
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT