ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi-Final Dinwiddie vs. Warwick

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie Region B

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • Warwick Region A

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
I’ll be anxious to hear your analysis, BN. One of our mutual friends on Preps texted me and said that their running back is their primary threat.

With the exception of Bethel and Denbigh, every team on their schedule made the playoffs. In the playoffs, their first win, beating Hampton, would have been huge in past years. This year, it was just “ho hum”. Their next two wins were more impressive, beating a solid Churchland Truckers team, and then beating the team that many of us thought was going to be the “A” Region champion, King George. And they handled both of these teams fairly handily.

Dinwiddie will have their hands full, that can be assured.

Only one other Richmond area game next Saturday, so why don’t you area football fans come out and watch our game? We would love to have the pleasure of you company.

Warwick defense is very solid against the run. Offense is very good but is very dependent on their one big RB. I think Warwick’s offense is too one dimensional to keep up with Dinwiddie like KG. Warwick’s defense may slow down Dinwiddie some unlike KG but not enough. My call Dinwiddie 35-21.
The other intangible is Warwick has not been this far into the playoffs for decades so this semi final pressure will be new. I think it may affect them.
My only criticism of Dinwiddie is please replace those visitor stands! Too small and low!

Last edited:
Warwick defense is very solid against the run. Offense is very good but is very dependent on their one big RB. I think Warwick’s offense is too one dimensional to keep up with Dinwiddie like KG. Warwick’s defense may slow down Dinwiddie some unlike KG but not enough. My call Dinwiddie 35-21.
The other intangible is Warwick has not been this far into the playoffs for decades so this semi final pressure will be new. I think it may affect them.
My only criticism of Dinwiddie is please replace those visitor stands! Too small and low!
We all agree with you about our visitors stands. It’s known to the powers that be, and unofficially is in the master plan. But it will be years in the making unless we get lucky and a benefactor decides to fund it.
What you need to do each week is come to a game and saw off a supporting brace. Eventually the stands will sag and they will be declared unsafe and have to be replaced.

He has always had it. Unfortunately, @DinwiddieProud rarely has time to be devious because he spends most of his time keeping me from actually doing it. DP is the laid back, non confrontational, and political type. I have none of those fine qualities thus he has to watch me like a hawk.

Messiah Delhomme for Warwick is the truth and they lined him up at HB Friday and he killed. But to be honest if Dinwiddie is what I think they are they shouldn’t have much problems with Warwick. I’d love to see the PD win but Warwick ain’t beating Dinwiddie. If the game is in Dinwiddie it could get ugly. Just my opinion!

Messiah Delhomme for Warwick is the truth and they lined him up at HB Friday and he killed. But to be honest if Dinwiddie is what I think they are they shouldn’t have much problems with Warwick. I’d love to see the PD win but Warwick ain’t beating Dinwiddie. If the game is in Dinwiddie it could get ugly. Just my opinion!
It’s at DINWIDDIE.

Reactions: 1Gensfan and gwb16
IMO, Dinwiddie solidified themselves when Dalton was named starting QB. Unless you have a gun slinger with 3-4 receivers who can go get it, I’m all for the putting your best athlete at QB and riding them. As good as Dalton is on offense, Trey McBride is just as good on defense.

IMO, Dinwiddie solidified themselves when Dalton was named starting QB. Unless you have a gun slinger with 3-4 receivers who can go get it, I’m all for the putting your best athlete at QB and riding them. As good as Dalton is on offense, Trey McBride is just as good on defense.
Dalton and McBride were just named offensive and defensive POY for Region 4B along with Coach Mills as COY!

Fiq1nHvXgAItjkx

Dalton and McBride were just named offensive and defensive POY for Region 4B along with Coach Mills as COY!
I saw them both this past spring at Herm. I admit that I was drinking the Varina Kool Aid but I’m glad the Generals have woke people including myself up. People in the 804 are on the Highland Springs wave, but Dinwiddie has been just as dominant.

Dinwiddie's 15 year old, class of 2025, quarterback Harry Dalton has 53 combined touchdowns so far this season. If he accrues four more touchdowns he will become the RVA (Richmond HS Football) season record holder. In 19 games this young man has recorded 62 total touchdowns. as a 14 year old he played in six games as a running back rushing for 700 yards and 9 touchdowns. This season he moved to quarterback and has completed 101 of 175 passes for 1,700 yards 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Dalton has carried the ball 163 times for 1,643 yards and 28 touchdowns. If your counting that's 3,343 total net yards. The following is the RVA current record holders for combined touchdowns, total yards, touchdowns, rushing touchdowns and longest rushing touchdown. Take notice of some of the players this young man has surpassed this season. I think you might recognize a few. I have also provided an article about the current RVA HS Football records for your entertainment.

Touchdowns accounted for (scored and thrown) in a season
56 – Adam Morgan, Dinwiddie, 2008 VMI
55 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2005 NC State, Wisconsin, NFL
54 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell 2019, Ohio State
53 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie 2022 (still playing)
52 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2021
52 – Brendon Clark, Manchester, 2018, Notre Dame and Old Dominion
50 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2006, See above
47 – Aaron Alexander, Henrico, 1999, Michigan St.
45 – D'Vonte Waller, Highland Springs, 2018, VA State University
45 – Stone Snyder, Monacan, 2018, VMI
45 – Jake McGee, Collegiate, 2009, Florida and UVA
45 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013, VA State University

Total yards in a season

4,152 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2006
4,117 – Adam Morgan, Dinwiddie, 2008
3,720 – Stone Snyder, Monacan, 2018
3,583 – Jake McGee, Collegiate, 2009
3,343 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (still playing)
3,128 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2014
3,101 – Brendon Clark, Manchester, 2018
3,096 – Chris Hall, Dinwiddie, 2009
3,041 – D'Vonte Waller, Highland Springs, 2018
2,991 – Lee Bujakowski, Hopewell, 2003
2,965 – Aaron Alexander, Henrico, 1999

Touchdowns scored in a season
53 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell, 2019
45 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013
41 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird, 2011
38 – Shedrick McCall, L.C. Bird, 2016
37 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2019
32 – Robert Barlow, Dinwiddie, 2019
28 – Bo Kite, Deep Run, 2019
28 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (still playing)
27 – Nathan Evans, Lee-Davis, 2015

Rushing touchdowns in a season
47 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2021
45 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell, 2019
33 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird, 2011
28 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (Still playing)
27 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2019
26 – Nathan Evans, Lee-Davis, 2015
26 – Quentin Johnson, Matoaca, 2021
25 – Devin Flowers, Glen Allen, 2017
24 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird 2010
24 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013

Longest run for TD
99 – Greg Edmonds, L.C. Bird, 1980
99 – K'Von Wallace, Highland Springs, 2015
99 – Jayveon Robinson, King William, 2021
98 – Isiah Paige, Varina, 2016
96 – L.J. Jones, Hanover, 2011
96 – Tony Leone, Trinity Episcopal, 1986
96 – Jason Ross, Patrick Henry, 1991
94 – Stephen Cason, James River, 2000
93 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (Still playing)
93 - Jalen Rembert, Midlothian, spring 2021
90 – Stephen Cason, James River, 2000
88 – Bruce McMullen, Varina, 2001

https://richmond.com/sports/high-sc...cle_8daba704-1637-5da9-b518-b1307d5ccef3.html

LETS RIDE!

Last edited:
I’ll be anxious to hear your analysis, BN. One of our mutual friends on Preps texted me and said that their running back is their primary threat.

With the exception of Bethel and Denbigh, every team on their schedule made the playoffs. In the playoffs, their first win, beating Hampton, would have been huge in past years. This year, it was just “ho hum”. Their next two wins were more impressive, beating a solid Churchland Truckers team, and then beating the team that many of us thought was going to be the “A” Region champion, King George. And they handled both of these teams fairly handily.

Dinwiddie will have their hands full, that can be assured.

Only one other Richmond area game next Saturday, so why don’t you area football fans come out and watch our game? We would love to have the pleasure of you company.
Hampton and gloucester to make it to the playoffs

Reactions: 1Gensfan
Chris Hall has been going at with Warwick fans since Saturday in the Hampton Roads High School Football group on Facebook. Very entertaining. Dinwiddie definitely has a real one supporting them. I might make this trip to Dinwiddie Saturday.

Chris Hall has been going at with Warwick fans since Saturday in the Hampton Roads High School Football group on Facebook. Very entertaining. Dinwiddie definitely has a real one supporting them. I might make this trip to Dinwiddie Saturday.
I grabbed my popcorn and ran straight to the comments🤣🤣 it has definitely been entertaining!

Reactions: DinwiddieProud
Dinwiddie's 15 year old, class of 2025, quarterback Harry Dalton has 53 combined touchdowns so far this season. If he accrues four more touchdowns he will become the RVA (Richmond HS Football) season record holder. In 19 games this young man has recorded 62 total touchdowns. as a 14 year old he played in six games as a running back rushing for 700 yards and 9 touchdowns. This season he moved to quarterback and has completed 101 of 175 passes for 1,700 yards 25 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. Dalton has carried the ball 163 times for 1,643 yards and 28 touchdowns. If your counting that's 3,343 total net yards. The following is the RVA current record holders for combined touchdowns, total yards, touchdowns, rushing touchdowns and longest rushing touchdown. Take notice of some of the players this young man has surpassed this season. I think you might recognize a few. I have also provided an article about the current RVA HS Football records for your entertainment.

Touchdowns accounted for (scored and thrown) in a season
56 – Adam Morgan, Dinwiddie, 2008 VMI
55 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2005 NC State, Wisconsin, NFL
54 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell 2019, Ohio State
53 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie 2022 (still playing)
52 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2021
52 – Brendon Clark, Manchester, 2018, Notre Dame and Old Dominion
50 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2006, See above
47 – Aaron Alexander, Henrico, 1999, Michigan St.
45 – D'Vonte Waller, Highland Springs, 2018, VA State University
45 – Stone Snyder, Monacan, 2018, VMI
45 – Jake McGee, Collegiate, 2009, Florida and UVA
45 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013, VA State University

Total yards in a season

4,152 – Russell Wilson, Collegiate, 2006
4,117 – Adam Morgan, Dinwiddie, 2008
3,720 – Stone Snyder, Monacan, 2018
3,583 – Jake McGee, Collegiate, 2009
3,343 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (still playing)
3,128 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2014
3,101 – Brendon Clark, Manchester, 2018
3,096 – Chris Hall, Dinwiddie, 2009
3,041 – D'Vonte Waller, Highland Springs, 2018
2,991 – Lee Bujakowski, Hopewell, 2003
2,965 – Aaron Alexander, Henrico, 1999

Touchdowns scored in a season
53 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell, 2019
45 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013
41 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird, 2011
37 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2019
32 – Robert Barlow, Dinwiddie, 2019
28 – Bo Kite, Deep Run, 2019
28 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (still playing)
27 – Nathan Evans, Lee-Davis, 2015

Rushing touchdowns in a season
47 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2021
45 – TreVeyon Henderson, Hopewell, 2019
33 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird, 2011
28 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (Still playing)
27 – Demond Claiborne, King William, 2019
26 – Nathan Evans, Lee-Davis, 2015
26 – Quentin Johnson, Matoaca, 2021
25 – Devin Flowers, Glen Allen, 2017
24 – Yahkee Johnson, L.C. Bird 2010
24 – Earl Hughes, L.C. Bird, 2013

Longest run for TD
99 – Greg Edmonds, L.C. Bird, 1980
99 – K'Von Wallace, Highland Springs, 2015
99 – Jayveon Robinson, King William, 2021
98 – Isiah Paige, Varina, 2016
96 – L.J. Jones, Hanover, 2011
96 – Tony Leone, Trinity Episcopal, 1986
96 – Jason Ross, Patrick Henry, 1991
94 – Stephen Cason, James River, 2000
93 - Harry Dalton, Dinwiddie, 2022 (Still playing)
93 - Jalen Rembert, Midlothian, spring 2021
90 – Stephen Cason, James River, 2000
88 – Bruce McMullen, Varina, 2001

https://richmond.com/sports/high-sc...cle_8daba704-1637-5da9-b518-b1307d5ccef3.html

LETS RIDE!
Saw Demond Claiborne in title game last yr. He was dominant

Reactions: 1Gensfan
I was having fun with it until a fan said that Warwick defense was better than 2013 Lake Taylor & 2016 Lake Taylor. I had to stop communication there 😂😂

Last edited:
I was having fun with it until a fan said that Warwick defense was better than 2013 Lake Taylor & 2016 Lake Taylor. I had to stop communication there 😂😂
Their defense isn’t anything special to be honest but of course Messiah Delhomme is a problem on both sides. I also like their LB tandem 11 and 17 but i don’t know if they’re healthy.

I just don’t know what Dinwiddie looks like outside of the QB. If the hype is real then it should be no contest. If y’all can’t stop Messiah and Warwick game plans successfully for the QB then maybe Warwick can win.

Their defense isn’t anything special to be honest but of course Messiah Delhomme is a problem on both sides. I also like their LB tandem 11 and 17 but i don’t know if they’re healthy.

I just don’t know what Dinwiddie looks like outside of the QB. If the hype is real then it should be no contest. If y’all can’t stop Messiah and Warwick game plans successfully for the QB then maybe Warwick can win.
There seems to be a misconception that Dalton is all Dinwiddie has. He has been super tough to stop lately and just like in basketball it's tough to take the ball out of the hot hand. We also have three talented running backs and two of them scored last week on runs of over 35 yards. #5 Raphael Tucker has over 1,200 yards rushing this season and 20 touchdowns. In fact he has averaged over 110 yards a game the past 4 games.

If the Raider defense keys on Dalton the other three guys will make them pay. Dinwiddie hasn't passed much lately, but is capable. Dalton has thrown for 25 TD's and has four very good wide receivers. Last week King George put 7 in the box and Dalton hit Drumgoole for a 25 yard slant to tie the game at 41-41.

Warwick appears to be above average on defense and deserves credit for having talent on that side of the ball. However, being good is not enough to stop an offense that averaged 51 points a game in the regular season and is averaging 50 ppg in the playoffs.

People need to understand just how good the King George defense was. They averaged giving up only 5 points a game coming in to last week's game. When the dust settled they had given up 47 to the Generals.

The Raiders have averaged 25/12 in their three playoff games. If they want to win this game they will need to reduce Dinwiddie's offensive output by 14 points and eclipse their offensive ppg average by about 14 points. That's a 28 point swing. Can they? Maybe. Will they? Not in Navy Nation.

Last edited:
On Saturday : rain and very windy. Will be a runners game in grass/ mud. Will slow down both teams.

Reactions: mbonape1
I see Dinwiddie hasn't missed a beat, as they say...had some good times w/their fans several years ago!

I don't think Warwick fans truly know what they're up against...as a fellow member of the 757, I'll be pulling for the Raiders, but this game will likely get out of hand early.
Well hello sir. We did have some lively bantering back in the day. I have said many times the 2016 Dinwiddie vs. Lafayette game was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever witnessed. I know we were hurting going into the finals against Salem. No excuses, but your defense could lay the lumber. I still enjoy giving @Lafayette a hard time, but I honestly have no hard feelings for you guys. Respect is more like it. Yes, if the weather cooperates Warwick fans will be in for an experience. I always like to watch the opposing sidelines for reactions when they hear the cannon go off for the first time. I remember in 2013 seeing several IC Norcom players dive on the ground when we scored the first time. I hope our young men come to play and get a shot at the State Championship. It will surely play tomorrow afternoon. Take care @LHS Rams.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT