ADVERTISEMENT

State Semi-Final Dinwiddie vs. Warwick

Who wins and why?

• Dinwiddie Region B

Votes: 38 90.5%
  • Warwick Region A

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
Well hello sir. We did have some lively bantering back in the day. I have said many times the 2016 Dinwiddie vs. Lafayette game was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever witnessed. I know we were hurting going into the finals against Salem. No excuses, but your defense could lay the lumber. I still enjoy giving @Lafayette a hard time, but I honestly have no hard feelings for you guys. Respect is more like it. Yes, if the weather cooperates Warwick fans will be in for an experience. I always like to watch the opposing sidelines for reactions when they hear the cannon go off for the first time. I remember in 2013 seeing several IC Norcom players dive on the ground when we scored the first time. I hope our young men come to play and get a shot at the State Championship. It will surely play tomorrow afternoon. Take care @LHS Rams.
Scared the shit out of me the first time being in Dinwiddie the year they played Liberty Bealeton in the playoffs.

Yep! @OCBoy you were treated to something special. That was 2008 and the beginning of what is now called Navy Nation". That team was very good with our record setting qb Adam Morgan. We lost to Phoebus in the finals that year. 2013 was the culmination of community investment and things have continued to roll. Due to the rain we will not use the horse, but that's ok.

Since Mills arrival only four teams (Phoebus 2010, Hopewell 2011, Louisa 2017, and PH in 2021) have beaten Dinwiddie at home in the playoffs. Eastern View beat Dinwiddie at a neutral site in 2017. Mills is 3-1 in State Semi games. I like our odds.

Well hello sir. We did have some lively bantering back in the day. I have said many times the 2016 Dinwiddie vs. Lafayette game was one of the hardest hitting games I have ever witnessed. I know we were hurting going into the finals against Salem. No excuses, but your defense could lay the lumber. I still enjoy giving @Lafayette a hard time, but I honestly have no hard feelings for you guys. Respect is more like it. Yes, if the weather cooperates Warwick fans will be in for an experience. I always like to watch the opposing sidelines for reactions when they hear the cannon go off for the first time. I remember in 2013 seeing several IC Norcom players dive on the ground when we scored the first time. I hope our young men come to play and get a shot at the State Championship. It will surely play tomorrow afternoon. Take care @LHS Rams.
Hey, BN, it's been a while...thanks for the kind words regarding Lafayette. It really goes w/out saying that Dinwiddie is a great program, and I can assure you that I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for the team and its fan base...good folks...I have family in Dinwiddie and my Dad was born and raised In Jarratt.

I'm sure that was pretty funny watching the Norcom players hit the dirt...at some point today, I hope everyone can take a moment to appreciate this unique environment, as they may not experience it again. I think Warwick will likely get down early and be overwhelmed...tough to recover when that happens. I know it's far from a stretch, but I predict that the Generals will win the State Championship, as many probably do...would be well deserved...good luck and take care.

How is the grass field, lots of rain here? Good luck to all.
Dry as a bone except for where its wet. @DinwiddieProud and a few others are using a firehose on it now trying to keep the dust down.
Help Me Omg GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT