ADVERTISEMENT

Struggling programs

Aug 24, 2023
Any idea how the numbers are for Bland, Auburn, and Craig? Craig is always down due to enrollment, but I’m shocked Bland and auburn can’t keep a team all year with their school size.

Last week Bland had 16, Auburn and Craig both have around 25 is what I heard. I don’t see Bland playing a full season but Auburn and Craig could potentially.

Craig looked weak against Patrick Co. in the scrimmage. Bland actually held their own against I believe it was Northwood. For only 16 kids. I think Bland takes it to the Rockets tomorrow night.

Auburn should compete for the Mountain Empire based on enrollment size. But they stink it up year after year in football.

BluesMan29- You should be worried, LOL. I was talking to some Lexington natives that were upset about their school hiring a rec league coach. Said all this talent in the valley and we can't find a good coach?

LOL

I heard that Auburn lost some kids Friday night for the year. I hope they have a speedy recovery! Will they be able to keep going without them?

Last week Bland had 16, Auburn and Craig both have around 25 is what I heard. I don’t see Bland playing a full season but Auburn and Craig could potentially.
What has happened to Auburn? I know they've done well in some of the smaller sports, but I would figure that they would have good numbers in football. Also, isn't that part of Montgomery County growing? I thought it was over a decade ago. Maybe I'm wrong.

Or is it becoming depressed like places in deeper Southwest Virginia where the population is leaving?

I would figure that it is growing since public education is growing and the largest employer of Virginia Tech alums is Virginia Tech.

What has happened to Auburn? I know they've done well in some of the smaller sports, but I would figure that they would have good numbers in football. Also, isn't that part of Montgomery County growing? I thought it was over a decade ago. Maybe I'm wrong.

Or is it becoming depressed like places in deeper Southwest Virginia where the population is leaving?

I would figure that it is growing since public education is growing and the largest employer of Virginia Tech alums is Virginia Tech.
Their population and ADM numbers keep increasing. I guess they know they’re going to win state in basketball so don’t want to risk getting hurt. Rumor is some kids got seriously injured on Friday, but I haven’t seen any posts about it.

Auburn believe it or not, is arguably the best High School Sports Program as a whole in the state of Virginia at any level. If you look at the titles and championships that have came out of Auburn, it's just crazy. They are about as successful or more than any other program at any level in Virginia with their athletics program. One exception though and that is Football. Auburn definitely should be better. They have the tools and resources to be better in football.

I think one thing that might hurt Auburn is they force 6th and 7th graders to play middle school instead of allowing them to play Rec. I coached Rec for Radford for 11 years and Auburn always had decent teams thru out the years.

Their population and ADM numbers keep increasing. I guess they know they’re going to win state in basketball so don’t want to risk getting hurt. Rumor is some kids got seriously injured on Friday, but I haven’t seen any posts about it.
3 kids with season ending injuries. Won’t go into detail but one of the injuries is truly scary. That alone will probably send a few players packing so they don’t risk it especially if they’re part of the other Sports that Auburn does very well at.

Bland was supposed to go to SLCA and forfeited. Craig and Auburn are moved due to the field not being ready from construction.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT