ADVERTISEMENT

The Battlefield for 4 November

ChancellorFan

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 20, 2001
This is it. The final week of Battlefield District play. It’s also the final week of regular season and that means this is my last weekly write up. I can’t believe how quickly the seasons go by! This will be a good week. The Battlefield District championship may already be decided but more than one of these teams are trying to help their playoff position. Let’s take a look.

Caroline (1-3) @ Courtland (2-2)

Man, I called last week’s Courtland game way off. I thought the Cougars would be fired up and have enough of their game to beat JM. That wasn’t to be. Caroline is a better team than their record shows and I wouldn’t sleep on them for anything. Courtland is looking at a place in the playoff picture so you can bet they won’t either. Courtland will get this W. Cav’s … work hard in the off season and get more of that talent you have out of the hallways and on to the practice fields. You can be a force next season!

Chancellor (4-0) @ Spotsylvania (0-4)

Wow! The Chargers are coming together quite nicely and at the right time! Honestly, since district play began, they have gotten better each week. And that’s on both sides of the ball. Spotsy has had a rough year. But, just like Caroline, all they need to do is keep working hard and get more of the talent they have in the hallways out on the practice field. They can get it done! Chancellor needs this win to take the Battlefield District trophy and help with their playoff picture. The Chargers get the W.

King George (2-2) vs James Monroe (3-1)

Game of the week here! I have to admit I was a little surprised at how JM handled Courtland this past week. Shows how much I underestimated them. Not a good thing to do with the Jackets! They know how to TCB. King George is not a bad team. They can get it done. Both of these teams are playoff bound and they need this win. If the Chargers weren’t on the field, I’d be in King George for this one. I’m going to have to go with a gut feeling and maybe keep myself from being way off base again. The Jackets get the W. But it’s going to be one heck of a game!

Like to put a shout out to all the coaches, referees, band directors, cheerleading coaches, athletic trainers, athletic directors, all the parents and of course all the players and performers for a spectacular regular season! And if I missed someone, I apologize! What you do and all the effort you put in to doing it is greatly appreciated and admired. Take pride in what you do … it’s awesome! I can’t wait to see what the future holds!

Reactions: BleedingNavy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT