ADVERTISEMENT

The new, but old look Lions

anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b

VaPreps All Region
Aug 28, 2005
This should bring back memories for older Battlefield District fans. I love this! I hope more teams adopt a modern take on retro styles.

IMG9502231.jpg

IMG9502161.jpg

Last edited:
Nice uniforms. The style reminds me of the Packers, but I think green and yellow are better suited for a lion mascot.

I used to really dislike retro uniforms back in the day, especially Louisa's, but I really like these and Dinwiddie's. I guess I'm getting old. But I think these fit Louisa's old school mixed with modern style of play perfectly, and the new helmets are sick.

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Under Armour has the best football uniforms right now! I wish the team I support would switch to UA but they’re big on Nike.
I’m a Nike guy all day (All I wear!) but I love UA football uniforms too. Nothing is sweeter than a team wearing UA uniforms, UA gloves, and UA cleats (the all white Cam Newtons high tops are my fav). Can’t stand to see teams wear jerseys made by UA and have on Nike pants (Cough cough TUSCARORA) or UA cleats with Nike uniforms and vice versa! So tacky! That’s one of the reasons I’m high on Salem’s uniforms. Nike everything, although Ramsey rocked some UA cleats for a while this past year. I’ve never seen a Salem player wear a different brand cleat than the rest of the team before.

I’m a Nike guy all day (All I wear!) but I love UA football uniforms too. Nothing is sweeter than a team wearing UA uniforms, UA gloves, and UA cleats (the all white Cam Newtons high tops are my fav). Can’t stand to see teams wear jerseys made by UA and have on Nike pants (Cough cough TUSCARORA) or UA cleats with Nike uniforms and vice versa! So tacky! That’s one of the reasons I’m high on Salem’s uniforms. Nike everything, although Ramsey rocked some UA cleats for a while this past year. I’ve never seen a Salem player wear a different brand cleat than the rest of the team before.
I’m the same way. All I wear is Nike. Don’t even own one thing UA but their football uniforms are killing the game right now! Oscar Smith and JF (I hate to admit) have some fresh UA uniforms!

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Lord I hope so! The numbers on our road unis are IMPOSSIBLE to read from the Press Box!
Yes in deed they are brother! I miss the old Dan Newell threads. Plain and simple. I believe our best uniforms were the ones we wore his first year in 03. Grey jerseys, grey pants (away) and the blue jerseys, grey pants (home). Carlos, Willie Edmunds and Wesley would sure look nice scoring TDs in those!

@mbonape1 Louisa usually will switch the uniforms and socks up from week to week. Sometimes green socks, sometimes black etc. Most of the time, most of the kids will wear the same color socks on the same night, but there are a few exceptions. But yeah it'd be nice to see the gold socks most nights, but I know sometimes they'll wear green too with those new uni's.

Last edited:
Just for fun...we're rebroadcasting the GW/JF game from last year. Click on the link to enjoy!

Also...not sure how I post a new thread in this group. :)

http://mixlr.com/cvipmediasolutions/
@Chuck Vipperman (GW)
For future reference, there is a Post New Thread blue box right under Class 4. For some reason sometimes it is to the upper right of Class 4, not in a blue box, it's written smaller and it has a + sign in front of Post New Thread. Either way, I don't know why it's sometimes in different locations, but there you go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT