Sep 27, 2002
Top 5 most popular high school football teams in each state

Virginia
1. Highland Springs
2. Oscar Smith (Chesapeake)
3. South County (Lorton)
4. Westfield (Chantilly)
5. Hopewell

https://maxpreps.com/news/qubpVpGyJ0OHH6eTd9lYEw/most-popular-high-school-football-teams-in-each-state.htm…

EXxDT6kU4AIhSlW

*based on traffic to MaxPreps

The post is popular? Or best? Popular might be another type of contest . When I think of “ popular “ , I think of home field crowd. Am I wrong?

The post is popular? Or best? Popular might be another type of contest . When I think of “ popular “ , I think of home field crowd. Am I wrong?
Their list is based simply on page views and followers for a single year, Apr 2019-Apr 2020. Most who follow this board can give a reason for why these five might appear on this list, but it is not even close to accurate.

Their list is based simply on page views and followers for a single year, Apr 2019-Apr 2020. Most who follow this board can give a reason for why these five might appear on this list, but it is not even close to accurate.
it is for their stated criteria

Yes....you’re wrong! MaxPreps definition of most popular is,which team’s sight is visited the most. They could care less about the size of crowds. Some stadiums allow for more fans to be there than others.

It’s exactly accurate,based on MaxPreps numbers. It’s based on which team’s sights are visited the most. You may not agree with the results,but then again...it’s not your sight. Their sight says,these 5 school’s sights have been visited the most by people that are on their web page.

Yes....you’re wrong! MaxPreps definition of most popular is,which team’s sight is visited the most. They could care less about the size of crowds. Some stadiums allow for more fans to be there than others.
I didn’t take the time to read the criteria , sorry

I Agree...As I posted on the Class 6 Page:

NEVER liked the concept of a popularity contest. The word doesn't really belong in Sports, period. Salem, Lake Taylor, Riverheads, Hampton, Phoebus, etc, etc, etc. Should I go on?

I mean, if you don’t care about popularity in sports, then you shouldn’t care about this list at all. But the posts keep coming!

I Agree...As I posted on the Class 6 Page:

NEVER liked the concept of a popularity contest. The word doesn't really belong in Sports, period. Salem, Lake Taylor, Riverheads, Hampton, Phoebus, etc, etc, etc. Should I go on?
I'm sure a real poll would reveal regional bias for 1-2 teams on a person's list. Most people may think Riverhead shouldn't be considered until you look at their success and see they are deserving.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
I’d say Hopewell is more popular than Salem and Phoebus considering how they have the #1 RB in the country.
Hopewell is a hell of a program. They have their own little swagger and the whole 804 respects them. I will give you that. I was speaking more historically than present day though. Hopewell still has a winning history.

Reactions: aw19752
North Carolina

Charlotte Vance
Richmond County
Wake Forest
East Forsyth
Charlotte Mallard Creek
Havelock

North Carolina

Charlotte Vance
Richmond County
Wake Forest
East Forsyth
Charlotte Mallard Creek
Havelock
I really wish Highland Springs was playing one of these teams instead of Page,but hopefully they’ll face in the next cycle.

Sounds like it shouldn't be called "Top 5 Most Popular High School Football Teams in Each State" They should've titled it "Top 5 High School Football Team Sights That Are Visited the Most". Very different.

Reactions: Scalvinscaliwag
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT