ADVERTISEMENT

Top teams in C3?

mike salem

Nov 2, 2009
Salem
@Playmaker915 asked about contenders in C3.

With the addition of LT to Reg A, this becomes the most competitive district by far.

Lafayette
Lake Taylor
Hopewell
Phoebus

I'm not sure anyone will compete with Goochland in Reg B.

Goochland
----------------
James Monroe

I don't see anyone outside of the Seminole winning Reg C.

Brookville
Heritage
LCA

LB loses a lot of good players to graduation, can anyone from Reg D offer competition?

Lord Botetourt
-----------------------
Magna Vista
Abingdon
Northside

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
@Playmaker915 asked about contenders in C3.

With the addition of LT to Reg A, this becomes the most competitive district by far.

Lafayette
Lake Taylor
Hopewell
Phoebus

I'm not sure anyone will compete with Goochland in Reg B.

Goochland
----------------
James Monroe

I don't see anyone outside of the Seminole winning Reg C.

Brookville
Heritage
LCA

LB loses a lot of good players to graduation, can anyone from Reg D offer competition?

Lord Botetourt
-----------------------
Magna Vista
Abingdon
Northside
I’d add Bassett. They’ve been better than MV these past two years.

Well, we got schools in Region 3B that are over 2 hours to Richmond, and 2 and a half hours to Hopewell(by car, longer by bus) So, while I agree on your assessment that football quality in 3B is much lower currently, changing regions affects every sport, not just football, and is based on travel, not on changing talent levels.

I’d add Bassett. They’ve been better than MV these past two years.
In Coach Favero’s 13 years MV has been a playoff team 11 times and won 2 state championships, Bassett beat them this year. The year before Bassett won the regular season match up but the Warriors grubbed them in the first round playoff game. Bassett is much improved, coach Joyce is excellent but the Bengals have a way to go before I’d say they are better than the Warriors, including the past two years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT