ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Teams

Gunz41

VaPreps All Region
Sep 22, 2007
Stuarts Draft VA
With one week to go in regular season, there are 12 teams left undefeated left in the state. Of course the Riverheads at Stuarts Draft game will take that down to atleast 11. Here is how they shake out

1A
Sussex Central (9-0) vs. Surry (4-5)
Riverheads (9-0) at Stuarts Draft (9-0)
Hurley (9-0) vs. Twin Valley (6-3)
2A
Goochland (10-0) BYE
Stuarts Draft (9-0) vs Riverheads (9-0)
Appomattox (9-0) at Amherst (8-1)
3A
No Team is undefeated
4A
Dinwiddie (9-0) at Meadowbrook (4-5)
Eastern View (9-0) vs. Kettle Run (3-6)
Lafayette (9-0) at New Kent (4-5)
Woodgrove vs. Loudoun Valley (7-2)
5A
Brooke Point (9-0) vs. Massaponax (8-1)
Douglas Freeman (9-0) vs. Hermitage (8-1)
6A
No Team is undefeated

So how many teams do you think ends the regular season undefeated? And how many can end the year undefeated?

Without having seen any of these teams and only reading posts on this board, I will give it a shot. I only see three teams with a decent chance of losing their undefeated record this week (besides the obvious Riverheads-Stuarts Draft loser). They are, most to least likely, Appo, Freeman, and Brooke Point.

Next, who runs the table? That is much harder to determine since winning it all takes a lot of skill with usually a bit of luck thrown in. And then don't forget the matchups issue and if the class cross brackets or uses pods, that can make it more difficult also. One bad play can derail the whole season. I will guess at several (note: this does not mean I think they have the best chance to win the title, but if some of the other undefeateds in their class lose this week then that eliminates that one loss team from contention in answering the question who "can end the year undefeated?", e.g., 2A Stuarts Draft losing this week to Riverheads then going on to win the title. We could easily get one loss champions).
1A-no idea
2A-Goochland
4A-Dinwiddie (I am not alone here....)
5A-Brooke Point

Last edited:
Without having seen any of these teams and only reading posts on this board, I will give it a shot. I only see three teams with a decent chance of losing their undefeated record this week (besides the obvious Riverheads-Stuarts Draft loser). They are, most to least likely, Appo, Freeman, and Brooke Point.

Next, who runs the table? That is much harder to determine since winning it all takes a lot of skill with usually a bit of luck thrown in. And then don't forget the matchups issue and if the class cross brackets or uses pods, that can make it more difficult also. One bad play can derail the whole season. I will guess at several (note: this does not mean I think they have the best chance to win the title, but if some of the other undefeateds in their class lose this week then that eliminates that one loss team from contention in answering the question who "can end the year undefeated?", e.g., 2A Stuarts Draft losing this week to Riverheads then going on to win the title. We could easily get one loss champions).
1A-no idea
2A-Goochland
5A-Brooke Point

1A sussex central
2A Goochland
4A dinwiddie or laf or a team with a previous loss
5A highland Springs / herm

1A-no idea
2A-Goochland
5A-Brooke Point
Brooke point has s high powered offense but no defense look st the score lines from all year long

True, but since there are only 2 choices to the question "who runs the table undefeated" I think Brooke Point has a better chance than Freeman since Freeman's schedule is not nearly as good IMO.

Reactions: OCBoy
True, but since there are only 2 choices to the question "who runs the table undefeated" I think Brooke Point has a better chance than Freeman since Freeman's schedule is not nearly as good IMO.
Very true... I think Brooke point will fall in the semifinals

Yeah I hear you on that... Freeman will have their first loss in about 8 hrs from now.. I don't think Brookpoint can beat 2 of the richmond 5A's and maybe not Bird either. We shall see. I don't think anyone will run the table undefeated in 5A

With one week to go in regular season, there are 12 teams left undefeated left in the state. Of course the Riverheads at Stuarts Draft game will take that down to atleast 11. Here is how they shake out

1A
Sussex Central (9-0) vs. Surry (4-5)
Riverheads (9-0) at Stuarts Draft (9-0)
Hurley (9-0) vs. Twin Valley (6-3)
2A
Goochland (10-0) BYE
Stuarts Draft (9-0) vs Riverheads (9-0)
Appomattox (9-0) at Amherst (8-1)
3A
No Team is undefeated
4A
Dinwiddie (9-0) at Meadowbrook (4-5)
Eastern View (9-0) vs. Kettle Run (3-6)
Lafayette (9-0) at New Kent (4-5)
Woodgrove vs. Loudoun Valley (7-2)
5A
Brooke Point (9-0) vs. Massaponax (8-1)
Douglas Freeman (9-0) vs. Hermitage (8-1)
6A
No Team is undefeated

So how many teams do you think ends the regular season undefeated? And how many can end the year undefeated?
10! Maybe 9?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT