ADVERTISEMENT

Union vs Clarke County

I honestly don't think Union fans are giving Clarke much respect but that doesn't matter as long as the coaches and players do...Come on Clarke show them how we play football up here!

Good luck to Union. I want to see a Union-Appomattox state title game. That would be a great matchup.

Send those "running teams" into basketball season.
Hampton Roads 6...The best teams are the teams that can do both. It keeps the defense guessing when you get this far you better be able to run and pass and if you think Clarke won't pass the ball your sadly mistaken!

I honestly don't think Union fans are giving Clarke much respect but that doesn't matter as long as the coaches and players do...Come on Clarke show them how we play football up here!
I have not seen any Union folks say anything negative about Clarke on here. Could you give me an example?

Reactions: ClarkeFan83
I didn't say anyone said something negative I can tell by the post that Union thinks it's going to be an easy win...Confidence isn't being negative.

What I have gathered from reading posts is that Clarke and Union fans are both proud of and confident about their teams. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean a thing on the field, but nothing wrong with it. I've thought both sets of fans have been very respectful of each other.

What I have gathered from reading posts is that Clarke and Union fans are both proud of and confident about their teams. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean a thing on the field, but nothing wrong with it. I've thought both sets of fans have been very respectful of each other.
Union_Fan, I'd like to meet up with you at the game. Unfortunately, I don't have a smartphone to keep track of things on this board. Perhaps I can get a third party who is a paying member on this board to forward my info to you? Looking forward to a GREAT game between two GREAT teams!

I'm not a paying member either and I've never used the PM feature. If you get here before the gates open, I'm at the pre-sale gate. About #30 in line. Sitting in a red fold out chair. Blue Union hoody jacket.

I haven't seen anything disrespectful. I'm hoping for a good game. Did Union's football team drive up yesterday?

The players, band, cheerleaders, etc... drove up yesterday and stayed the night. The band stayed in Strasburg. A lot of fans come up last night too.

Reactions: Daboyz19
Lining up at Clarke...

Kevin Mays of the Coalfield said some Union fans there since early this morning...

Looks like the Union contingent traveled well, just hope the kids are ready and maintain discipline against a confusing offense.

Finally saw stats on Bryce Spears, almost 2000 passing yards and 30 TD

Worst game Union has played this year. They look terrible and Clarke looks great. That's my first half summary in a nutshell.
Clarke was well prepared for this game and Union wasn't.

Clarke has been basically disrespected by many on here (myself included). Appomattox will be a huge hurdle next week.

And do not do the "they ran the score up on us". It just sounds small.

Reactions: AdvocateOfMany434
I'll take my crow in a small amount.

If Clarke beats Appo next week, given me the hungry man size helping.

Union had no answer for the Clarke County offense plus the early turnovers set the stage for a blowout. I was expecting a much better game but Clarke was clearly the better team and very deserving. I thought The Union offense was pretty good and moved the ball fairly well but turnovers killed them. I thought The Union defense was way overmatched the Clarke offense was far superior...Congrats Clarke County!

Clarke: 1 pass attempt, 2 passes going for 2

We'll see if that works.

o-line is physical and athletic.. We beat them with our MLB..he made reads and hit hard.

Clarkes decision to go for two in my opinion was just respect for the firepower of your offense.
I will agree. Union scored 19 seconds right after Clarke scored and got a 2 point conversion afterwards, I don't think the coach wanted to take any chances or anything for granted. Union scored on their first possession after halftime with an impressive drive.

Clarke: 1 pass attempt, 2 passes going for 2

We'll see if that works.

o-line is physical and athletic.. We beat them with our MLB..he made reads and hit hard.

Hey Pioneer, you should be appreciative that Clarke football has afforded you the chance to watch football being played, what with Millbrook ending their season weeks ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT