ADVERTISEMENT

Union vs Clarke County

You are wearing some very dark shades, if you see if that way.... Clarke had better hope they can "pound the ball for four quarters".. Union can put points on the board.

I have seen Clarke play all year and today they did what they do best... THEY POUNDED THE BALL FOR FOUR QUARTERS!!! Clarke's program has been disrespected by many people on this forum and I feel this is the year they are going to prove many people wrong.

I have seen Clarke play all year and today they did what they do best... THEY POUNDED THE BALL FOR FOUR QUARTERS!!! Clarke's program has been disrespected by many people on this forum and I feel this is the year they are going to prove many people wrong.
I don't agree. I haven't seen anyone who's opinion is worth paying attention to disrespect Clarke. I honestly believe that Clarke has turned a corner after all these years of not getting past round 2. We were all used to it, so for what has happened the last 2 weeks is nothing short of shocking to folks. It's all good. Everything is gravy now as far as I'm concerned. Of course, I want to see them win the whole thing, but Clarke has earned the right for the very first time in their history to play for the state championship in football, and that's pretty dang cool in my book. So, whatever happens next, is for the two teams to decide on the field next Saturday evening. GO EAGLES!!!!!

No not a hater just someone who likes living in the past and jealous as all get out. Don't think your mlb would have helped a whole lot today.... Plus everyone knows Millwood(brook) would not play Clarke in the previous years when they knew they had no chance of winning!!!![/QUOTE] would have loved playing CC in prior years, loved it this year

Surprised at this outcome!!! The track coach at Appomattox (Coach Franklin) was the only one that predicted this upset that i verbally spoke to face to face.

I didnt know wnough about either team to make a prediction but i did lean Union.

I was at the game and based on my 2 cents I saw the following... Union's offense was their own worst enemy with turnovers in the first half. Clarke's defense may have contained Union, but how they got away with a zero, and 2 standing 5's and not get Couple that with their lack of discipline (failure to read keys from the LB position and ineffective 3 tech on defense and you have the makings of a huge win for Clarke.

They kept things balanced from power, to full spin, to half-spin and counter to keep Union guessing. The opening series for Clarke rolled down the field and set a precedent Union couldn't answer.

I was at the game and based on my 2 cents I saw the following... Union's offense was their own worst enemy with turnovers in the first half. Clarke's defense may have contained Union, but how they got away with a zero, and 2 standing 5's and not get Couple that with their lack of discipline (failure to read keys from the LB position and ineffective 3 tech on defense and you have the makings of a huge win for Clarke.

They kept things balanced from power, to full spin, to half-spin and counter to keep Union guessing. The opening series for Clarke rolled down the field and set a precedent Union couldn't answer.
The problem was Clarke County was a better football team that created turnovers with an offense that Union couldn't stop.

Reactions: Marshall-Dillon
I could not tell what happened on Union's fumble. Not sure if it was stripped, knocked out, or just dropped. The first interception was due to film study and coaching. That kid knew exactly where that ball was going to be. He was waiting for it, and he got it. The second int was just a bad throw by the QB. Under thrown and looked like a wounded duck flying through the air. The 3rd int was a great individual effort. He tipped the pass up into the air, and was able to come down with it.

Clarke was WELL prepared. A credit to the coaching staff. Like I said in another thread, the game was won by Clarke's O line. I don't think Union's D was prepared very well, but even if they knew what play the Eagles were going to run, if you can't stop the O lineman from driving you 3 yards off the ball you're not going to get a stop.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT