ADVERTISEMENT

Valley District teams(boys)

leemen

VaPreps All District
Feb 12, 2004
So far early in the season there are some quality teams in a solid Valley District this season.

Waynesboro is 6-1 and playing very well and a very experienced and well coached team.

Spotswood is 4-1 and is a state title threat as usual. They had been dealing with some injuries so...will only get better. Thier only loss was to Millbrook.

Fort Defiance is 4-1 with their only loss being to Waynesboro last night 48-45. The Indians appear to be solid this season.

Turner Ashby 2-2 is looking a little up and down at the moment. They did have a blowout loss to unbeaten Western Albemarle.

Broadway is 1-4 but has played a tough schedule.

The other teams who are not in 3A but in the Valley:

R.E.Lee is 3-0 and looking like a title contender in 2A

Harrisonburg is 3-1 and looking decent on the 4A level.

Any input on other districts and teams in 3A and how they are looking?

No doubt that Spotswood was impressive. I think with Kier and getting healthy they will be a solid contender in 3A. Lee's Darius George got into foul trouble and that didn't help Lee's cause. Lee will be fine moving forward. I think when these two meet again the outcome will be much different. Or at least much closer of an outcome. I give Spotswood all the credit in the world...great team, well coached and they hustle on every play. I like Coach Edwards and the job he does.

Broadway beat Waynesboro 57-54 too. So...the Valley is much stronger and deeper this season. I think it's Spotswood's to lose but...they could take a couple more losses before postseason rolls around.

I agree with you on all counts Leemen. SHS is getting better but the district will be tough to navigate. Lee is gonna continually get better as the year progresses and I see them causing a lot of trouble in 2A. Looking forward to when the Leemen come to SHS. Looked like a great atmosphere last night at Paul Hatcher gym. Was it as good as it looked?

I agree as well. It was a good atmosphere but the Blazers kinda dampened that a bit. I think the rematch will be much closer in Penn Laird. Justin Kier is a special player here in the Valley. Maybe the best since Rowsey was at Rockbridge? Darius George is that mix too. Rockbridge is not technically in the Valley I guess...but close enough lol.

I agree as well. It was a good atmosphere but the Blazers kinda dampened that a bit. I think the rematch will be much closer in Penn Laird. Justin Kier is a special player here in the Valley. Maybe the best since Rowsey was at Rockbridge? Darius George is that mix too. Rockbridge is not technically in the Valley I guess...but close enough lol.

Hey Leemen. We will be back in 2 years. Looking forward to it. And I agree about Kier. Good luck to you guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT