ADVERTISEMENT

Valley District

obguthr

VaPreps Honorable Mention
May 29, 2003
Staunton, VA
Just how bad is the Valley this year? Here are some numbers:

Record against out of district opponents: 8-20
Wins against larger class opponents out of district: 1 (2A RE Lee v. winless 3A Rockbridge)
Losses against smaller class opponents: 9 (Stuarts Draft and Riverheads are responsible for about half of these)

I doubt a single team survives the first round of the playoffs.

Just how bad is the Valley this year? Here are some numbers:

Record against out of district opponents: 8-20
Wins against larger class opponents out of district: 1 (2A RE Lee v. winless 3A Rockbridge)
Losses against smaller class opponents: 9 (Stuarts Draft and Riverheads are responsible for about half of these)

I doubt a single team survives the first round of the playoffs.

Yes, that looks pretty bad. Can Spotswood beat Blacksburg if they play in rd. 1?

read in the DNR that Harrisonburg is valley district champs...how is that so? three teams were 6-1 and all beat each other...not that it really matters, just curious

Best overall record is Spotswood at 7-3, i think. Spotswood should also have the most points. Who knows

The reason Harrisonburg is champ is because only 2 teams finished at 6-1. TA ended at 5-2 in the district (lost to SHS and Waynesboro). Spotswood and Harrisonburg were 6-1 and H'burg claims the crown because they won the head to head. That game hurt SHS in may ways. Win it and they might be a 6 or 5 seed because of the 4A help H'burg would have given them. Anyway, that's why Harrisonburg is district champs. obguthr: I had to laugh when I saw SHS and TA having to play each other to make your prediction wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT