ADVERTISEMENT

Venue Comparison

Hampton Roads 6

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Feb 22, 2003
As promised, here is my comparison of W&M and LU as Host Sites.

Highways/Streets into venue: LU, A W&M, F
Parking: LU, B+ W&M, F
Concessions: LU, B W&M, D- (W&M had good food, but only 1 small concession stand on each side
Stadium Personnel/Security: LU, A W&M B
Seating: LU, A+ W&M C, ( not large enough crowd to really evaluate)
American Flag Displayed: LU, A+ W&M F,I could not locate flag at National Anthem) never saw one

Worst part of W&M was the traffic and parking, which I knew would be a problem. Stadium appears to be located in middle of Williamsburg, with no direct access into stadium, like LU has. Blacksburg did not have as many fans there as I thought they would. I did not stay for 2nd game, thus I not know how parking/traffic was for that game.

As promised, here is my comparison of W&M and LU as Host Sites.

Highways/Streets into venue: LU, A W&M, F
Parking: LU, B+ W&M, F
Concessions: LU, B W&M, D- (W&M had good food, but only 1 small concession stand on each side
Stadium Personnel/Security: LU, A W&M B
Seating: LU, A+ W&M C, ( not large enough crowd to really evaluate)
American Flag Displayed: LU, A+ W&M F,I could not locate flag at National Anthem) never saw one

Worst part of W&M was the traffic and parking, which I knew would be a problem. Stadium appears to be located in middle of Williamsburg, with no direct access into stadium, like LU has. Blacksburg did not have as many fans there as I thought they would. I did not stay for 2nd game, thus I not know how parking/traffic was for that game.
Both sides were pretty much about 85% filled and I know personal when I left the Kaplan parking lot it took me 20 minutes to get to 64....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT