ADVERTISEMENT

Video of final play of Louisa/Western Albemarle game

Status
Not open for further replies.
@mike salem I hope you feel better after getting that off your chest, but you better do a little more research and look at 2011 while you bask in your past glory, because Salem and that soft defense won't see anymore titles anytime soon.

Last edited:
At least Salem might occasionally make it to Lynchburg. I don't see Louisa going anytime soon.
Facts are facts and tonight Mike you are the champ. Salem has nothing to prove in the statistical category. One would be careful not to diminish the success of the last two West representatives in the State Championship. Sherando and Salem win year in and year out. Did things end well? No, but they made it to the dance and are in position to do it again. Hoos, I have been very impartial towards Louisa; however, claiming they were were a young version of the "Legion of Boom" was a little presumptive to say the least. I don't think anyone on the board wishes ill will to the Lions, but until they can play consistently from week to week your prognosis has zero validity. I often enjoy your post, but throwing stones at proven commodities is simply lip service. Keep rooting on your team that's what we fans are supposed to do, but please be realistic. As much as try, I can't fathom the excuses from week to week. At least DP and I acknowledge the Generals have flat out laid an egg this season. Have we lost faith? No, but we aren't selling a fairy tell either.

@BleedingNavy I was only calling the d. line the LOB, and they did play well against WA. Your team has not laid an egg, you still have a chance to make noise, and Dinwiddie is currently better than Salem that's for sure. Heck Dinwiddie would be undefeated and Louisa would be undefeated or 6-1 with Salem's schedule, and everyone would think we're awesome.

Last edited:
CMONMAN, maybe Louisa wasn't out coached, it's possible that they just aren't as good as originally thought. They haven't won a playoff game since 2011. In the last 16 years they've won 5 playoff games, 3 of those being in 2006. Only 3 years out of 16 winning a playoff game? Seems like they are over-hyped and overrated.
Thank you been saying this for years. What have they really done that's been so much better than what we did under Coach Phil Browning...the answer is nothing.

Reactions: mike salem
And I'm just one person. Imagine 8 of us like Salem fans. But I appreciate you caring enough to read what I say and take it like I'm an ESPN analyst.

And I'm just one person. Imagine 8 of us like Salem fans. But I appreciate you caring enough to read what I say and take it like I'm an ESPN analyst.
At least Salem is worth hyping! You and everyone else may get tired of it, but they actually show up come playoff time.

Here's an idea. Do what I do and don't open threads you don't care about. I don't open half the 10 threads a week you create, therefore they don't affect me. Forum 101.

Salem's history speaks for itself, but when was the last time Sherando has won anything? I know they haven't won anything in recent memory. All due respect, I don't think anybody owes them anything until they actually wins the big game.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
There was an earlier Sherando team, the one that was Ross Metheny's junior year, that was about as good a team as I have ever seen. Losing that final game doesn't diminish them or the 2013 game. Flukes don't make it all the way to the championship.

Salem's history speaks for itself, but when was the last time Sherando has won anything? I know they haven't won anything in recent memory. All due respect, I don't think anybody owes them anything until they actually wins the big game.
Or at least not get destroyed every time.

There was an earlier Sherando team, the one that was Ross Metheny's junior year, that was about as good a team as I have ever seen. Losing that final game doesn't diminish them or the 2013 game. Flukes don't make it all the way to the championship.
Oh I remember that team..Amherst almost beat the life out of them in the state championship.

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Oh I'm aware Rod, was talking about actually winning the championship tho. That's good don't get me wrong, but championships talk, nobody ever remembers 2nd place.

So, your criteria for giving teams respect is that they had to win the championship recently?

Doesn't seem like an argument that coincides with several of your other posts

If you're referring to my posts about GW???? which I'm sure it is...I would hope you could ration with your expertise, that I was stating on that specific post that they are being overlooked by the constant talk in this forum of unproven teams such as Heritage, Woodgrove, Pulaski and Champe, etc and I also brought to light of the players that GW has on their team that colleges are lined up to see..I've never called GW a state power nor make over like they're this and that.

Last edited:
If you're referring to my posts about GW???? which I'm sure it is...I would hope you could ration with your expertise, that I was stating on that specific post that they are being overlooked by the constant talk in this forum of unproven teams such as Heritage, Woodgrove, Pulaski and Champe, etc and I also brought to light of the players that GW has on their team that colleges are lined up to see..I've never called GW a state power nor make over like they're this and that.

So, you don't want Sherando discussed as a potential state champion because they lost the 2013 state title game?

Sherando needs to prove that the closeness of the James Wood game was a fluke. I think they will.

You're reaching Rod.

I'm just trying to get an understanding of your philosophy based on your post...

Based on that criteria, your list of state contenders in Class 4A must be minuscule.

Looking at our current top ten, arguably only three programs have a more solid recent history than Sherando

Reactions: hamspear
Maybe in your opinion they're a contender but they're not in mine. I've said numberous times that this team is overrated and I'm sticking by that. All I asked is what kind of championships do they have to be considered such a power that many people on this forum make them to be? Nobody owes them anything. You may hype them up and think they're this and that but I don't. I may be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Maybe in your opinion they're a contender but they're not in mine. I've said numberous times that this team is overrated and I'm sticking by that. All I asked is what kind of championships do they have to be considered such a power that many people on this forum make them to be? Nobody owes them anything. You may hype them up and think they're this and that but I don't. I may be wrong but I seriously doubt it.

Right. I get that.

Now, I'm trying to understand your criteria for who should be considered a state contender and who should be "hyped".

Can you, at minimum, provide a list?

Reactions: hamspear and gwb16
Here's an idea. Do what I do and don't open threads you don't care about. I don't open half the 10 threads a week you create, therefore they don't affect me. Forum 101.
Here's an idea, talk about football and don't make up lies and start $hit with my friends-Hamspear & DinwiddieProud on or off this board. LIFE 101!

I have to disagree with you here DSH. Sherando hasn't won a title, but they definitely showed their relevance in 2013. (especially to me when they beat Salem)

Reactions: DanvilleSportsHead
Here's an idea, talk about football and don't make up lies and start $hit with my friends-Hamspear & DinwiddieProud on or off this board. LIFE 101!
Lol, already knew that's what this whole thing is about after I saw you deleted me on Facebook. I still like you and DP, but y'all must be blind or missed all the negative NON FOOTBALL stuff and the lies and the THREATS ham has said about me over the YEARS, so too bad! Take care.

j7dPvjH.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT