ADVERTISEMENT

W&L vs NHS

For the last 4 years he has played with the number 24 and played oline. If it's a rule, refs should have enforced it his freshman year. It seems to only be a problem because he's a 5'8 ,170 guard that may be one of the strongest and the smallest guards in the district making a fool of the defense. Let me just add it's pretty sad that grown men are worried about a kid's jersey number.

Not worried about a kids jersey number as much as I am following the rules. I was a defensive coordinator and we use number recognition, formation recognition during film study and prep work. We had a lineman that was on our team that we had to move to TE because of an injury and guess what, when he was playing o-line he had an o-line # and when he was a TE we gave him an eligible number. The rule is in place for a reason, sounds to me like someone just doesnt want to tell little Johnny he can't wear his favorite number. I have an idea- tell him to wear it underneath. You making an argument that he should be allowed to wear it is more ridiculous to me.

Do you read? The refs are allowing it. For 4 years they have allowed it. They see every linemen that's lines up and what number they are wearing. Are they not paid to go by rules. Because for 4 years that rule has been broken at some point when he lined up on the oline wearing 24 and nothing has been said or done to change it. It's not about little Johnny wanting his favorite number it's about people trying to find something to complain about because sucky Northumberland is undefeated on the season. But it's okay because at the rate this board keeps going some old guy is gonna go running to someone to say little Johnny is wearing the wrong jersey. Guess what little Johnny can wear 50-79 and he's still gonna put your d-linemen on his ass. And little Johnny can wear 50-79 on defense and he'll put your offense players on his ass. I'm done ranting about a number its damn high school football. I'll let little Johnny do the talking on the field wearing what ever number.

Reactions: uvacavs1
One of the many joys of winning is that all of sudden other teams will care a huge deal about all the little rules that no one ever cared about or even noticed before the success became their concern.

I am sure Coach Lewis and his staff will take care of it....

Last edited:
Reactions: Jdavis54
And saunders has done a lot in not just football. And Davis has done a lot in not just football. This group as a whole has done a lot for northumberland not only just in football. Don't start this argument again.

Once Palmer graduates Northumberland will be back to being Northumberland. He has done a lot for Nland, not only just in football.

Palmer is a star no doubt - but the Indians have the surrounding cast this year to get it done.

However, it is the Northumberland Defense that will decide if NHS finally wins the NND this season...

I would love to see a Neck team go deep into the playoffs every year. It would be pretty cool to have district all star games to see how other districts match up with each with the best of the best.

Once Palmer graduates Northumberland will be back to being Northumberland. He has done a lot for Nland, not only just in football.

Palmer has been a huge part of NHS success in Football and Basketball. Essex has had stars like that as you know.

You might not follow the other sports, just to let you know Northumberland will also be state contenders this year in Softball, Baseball, Boys and Girls Soccer and have individuals competing for state titles in Wrestling and Track and Field.

Palmer does not play those sports but many NHS Footballers do (except for the Ladies sports, of course.) Last year was awesome, this year, it gets even better....

I always thought coaches were responsible for their teams. Silly me. That kid forbids it.

I always thought coaches were responsible for their teams. Silly me. That kid forbids it.
when u play for 5 years and have 24 without the refs saying something you would have the mindset that it’s okay to have that number and i wouldn’t necessarily say forbid but he definitely won’t play a game without that number on him. so yeah u can let the coach be responsible for it and don’t get in the business unless u coach the team if u don’t then shut up lol it’s not a big deal

I'm hoping W&L gets health soon. Those guys have been banged up most of the season. Would like to see them at full strength!!!

Reactions: Eaglepride89
when u play for 5 years and have 24 without the refs saying something you would have the mindset that it’s okay to have that number and i wouldn’t necessarily say forbid but he definitely won’t play a game without that number on him. so yeah u can let the coach be responsible for it and don’t get in the business unless u coach the team if u don’t then shut up lol it’s not a big deal

Can’t read your posts. They need punctuation in order for grown-ups to understand them.

I couldn't care less what number the young man wears, but are you saying that IF he had to change numbers he wouldn't play?

I had to make an account to let the people arguing know that I really wouldn’t care if I had to change my number. Although, I don’t like the rule but, I will follow it. I haven’t all season but that is only because the refs never said anything and I never knew it was a rule because I’ve had the number all my high school years. Thanks I appreciate it @Gunz41. Goodluck to everybody else this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT