ADVERTISEMENT

Wayne Davis

DEVILSLB99

VaPreps All District
Gold Member
Dec 19, 2005
Showed once again Friday why he's going to Ohio State- 8 catches 293 yards which is a top 10 game in VHSL history and 3 TD's. Also he added a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to bring his totals to 6 INT's with 5 being returned for TD's. The other 1 was returned to the 2

Sophomore QB Tyrek Hughey had 428 yards passing and 6 tds

Maybe we aren't just 3 yards and a cloud of dust after all...

My question is what is the most returned INT's for TD's in a season?? He's doing a great job turning picks into points.

Last edited:
Showed once again Friday why he's going to Ohio State- 8 catches 293 yards which is a top 10 game in VHSL history and 3 TD's. Also he added a pick 6 in the 4th quarter to bring his totals to 6 INT's with 5 being returned for TD's. The other 1 was returned to the 2

My question is what is the most returned INT's for TD's in a season?? He's doing a great job turning picks into points.
Great game from a great player.

Not sure on most INTs returned for a season but I am pretty sure Allen Iverson had quite a few. Davis is probably right near the top if he doesn't have the record.

Reactions: gwb16

Obviously a great player. GL to him.

Damn glad he is graduating.:p:p:p

There are two sets of eyes smiling down from heaven on him? Congrats to Wayne. (But I'm still glad he is leaving!)

Most definitely both his parents would be proud of him he's a great young man.

Reactions: gwb16
Most definitely both his parents would be proud of him he's a great young man.

His story (for him to tell, not me) and how he's come through his life is infinitely more impressive than anything that he will accomplish on the football field.

One of my all-time favorite kids and a kid who would improve the culture at ANY school in the state.

Was he recruited as a receiver or DB?

Was he recruited as a receiver or DB?
He actually got a lot of offers to do both, but he's going to Ohio State to play DB. It's funny because the WR Coach from OSU is his lead recruiter so I was talking to him today and he was like maybe he needs to come to the offensive side of the ball. Kid is one of the hardest working kids we have had in the program and he is a true lead by example guy. He flat out wanted it on Friday.

Sounds
He actually got a lot of offers to do both, but he's going to Ohio State to play DB. It's funny because the WR Coach from OSU is his lead recruiter so I was talking to him today and he was like maybe he needs to come to the offensive side of the ball. Kid is one of the hardest working kids we have had in the program and he is a true lead by example guy. He flat out wanted it on Friday.
Sounds like it! Sounds like a great person as well as a great football player. I had a chance to watch him and Darnell Ewell (I think is his name) at Nike Opening camp at Centerville last March. Both seemed to be hard workers. I especially noticed how coachable Ewell was. They did a great job representing your school and program.

Sounds

Sounds like it! Sounds like a great person as well as a great football player. I had a chance to watch him and Darnell Ewell (I think is his name) at Nike Opening camp at Centerville last March. Both seemed to be hard workers. I especially noticed how coachable Ewell was. They did a great job representing your school and program.
Darnell is another one he;s a three year starter that seems like he's been in the program forever. He's an old soul very mature for his age and coachable. Thanks for the kind words its a pleasure to coach these guys.

Page 29 of the VHSL Record Book.
PASS INTERCEPTIONS Career 47 Ricky Bailey Painter Central ended 1982 45 Steve Warren Southampton ended 1974 Season 23 Ricky Bailey Painter Central 13 gms 1982 20 Jimmy Ray Carter Wise 10 gms 1960 Game 5 David Ull Tabb vs. Bruton 10‐23‐87 5 Ron Carter Huguenot vs. Clover Hill 10‐28‐88 5 Allen Iverson Bethel vs. Norview 8‐30‐91 5 Derrick Gatlin Princess Anne vs. Bayside 11‐19‐99

Page 29 of the VHSL Record Book.
PASS INTERCEPTIONS Career 47 Ricky Bailey Painter Central ended 1982 45 Steve Warren Southampton ended 1974 Season 23 Ricky Bailey Painter Central 13 gms 1982 20 Jimmy Ray Carter Wise 10 gms 1960 Game 5 David Ull Tabb vs. Bruton 10‐23‐87 5 Ron Carter Huguenot vs. Clover Hill 10‐28‐88 5 Allen Iverson Bethel vs. Norview 8‐30‐91 5 Derrick Gatlin Princess Anne vs. Bayside 11‐19‐99
I knew Ricky Bailey had to be at the top of that list. Played against him in high school. UNREAL athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT