ADVERTISEMENT

We are fortunate here in Virginia...

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
... to have competitive football at most levels. Over in West Virginia, #1 Martinsburg is up 42-0 on #4 Musselman at halftime. There's just no competition over there. And this is the Musselman team that has fans who were gloating about being better than Sherando after a scrimmage at the beginning of the season. lol, I guess not.

Edit: Now 70-0.

Last edited:
Musselman won 70-6 last week. This might be setting a record for biggest one-week turnaround.

Martinsburg won 75-3 at Sherando in 2003.

Huh, wasn't aware. I knew it was bad but I didn't think it was that bad. My mistake then. To be fair Sherando ended up 4-6 that year and Musselman was 8-0 this year, and I was in middle school at the time.

I get what you mean for sure, there’s 3 really good teams in WV and then a huge gap between them and the rest. That’s why I’m happy to hear Martinsburg will be playing Salem for the next 2 years. DC is just as bad as WV with competitive football as well. VA is good but there are so many better states when it comes to football, basically any other more southern state or California lol. Would love to see more states play each other. Maybe keep the current format of playoffs but also develop a bowl series?

I get what you mean for sure, there’s 3 really good teams in WV and then a huge gap between them and the rest. That’s why I’m happy to hear Martinsburg will be playing Salem for the next 2 years. DC is just as bad as WV with competitive football as well. VA is good but there are so many better states when it comes to football, basically any other more southern state or California lol. Would love to see more states play each other. Maybe keep the current format of playoffs but also develop a bowl series?
There's a small bowl series sponsored by geico and maybe burger king in the past. Last year, champs from Maryland, Florida, Utah, and Arizona participated. I think some of the powerhouse states like Texas and California prohibit their schools from participating in games beyond the end of their season.

Reactions: BigBWincCity
There's a small bowl series sponsored by geico and maybe burger king in the past. Last year, champs from Maryland, Florida, Utah, and Arizona participated. I think some of the powerhouse states like Texas and California prohibit their schools from participating in games beyond the end of their season.
That’s unfortunate, I was really thinking about it last night. I think it would be cool for each state to have its best seniors for each position be selected to state team, that team would play a few games against other states in a division, and the top teams from each division would play in bowl games. All of this could occur in the Spring of the senior year (March-May) giving those seniors one last chance to earn scholarships to universities.

Reactions: CavsGrad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT