ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 - Frederick County/Winchester

Shruikan

VaPreps Varsity
Nov 2, 2010
Broadway (0-2) @ Sherando (2-0)
Sherando wins this game in the first quarter. I'm honestly not sure why these two teams share a schedule this year since neither will learn much about themselves. I assume it must be conference obligations or out of necessity.

Washington, WV (0-2) @ Millbrook (2-0)
Similar situation to the Sherando/Broadway match up. Millbrook should build an insurmountable lead in the first half and not look back. I wasn't too impressed with Millbrook when I watched them play this past weekend, but they didn't really need to play at 100% to best Loudoun County. They could be a force once their transfer quarterback gets into rhythm with their style of play, and I expect them to be 8-0 headed into the game against Liberty later this year.

James Wood (1-1) @ Skyline (1-1)
The Colonels scored 66 points last weekend against Park View, which is the most they've scored in two decades (and perhaps longer). Those kinds of numbers are exactly what they needed to get some motivation going forward, and I'll be interested to see where they are at the end of the year (I could see 6-4 or 7-3). I'll take James Wood in this game.

Clarke County (2-0) @ Handley (1-1)
After Clarke's thrashing of 4A Dominion and their 49-0 beatdown of Manassas Park, I can't see the Eagles slowing down anytime soon. I'd like to see Handley regain the form they had in the mid-2000s and 90s, but I don't think that will start this weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT