ADVERTISEMENT

What are the must see games for this upcoming season

CollegeGameDay

VaPreps Rookie
Sep 15, 2006
Can you guys list some of the best games on paper right now to go see for this upcoming season?
Thanks

Sherando @ Louisa Fri 8/28 7:30pm
Lake Taylor @ Monticello Fri 9/4 7:30pm

Louisa/Courtland, Courtland/JM, JM/Dinwiddie also popped into my head.

Sherando @ Louisa Fri 8/28 7:30pm
Lake Taylor @ Monticello Fri 9/4 7:30pm

Louisa/Courtland, Courtland/JM, JM/Dinwiddie also popped into my head.
Courtland JM is always a must see.

Courtland and Ponax should be another good one this year. I'm expecting us to get some payback from last year's game.

Doesn't Salem play Amherst this year? Sherando vs Martinsburg, Sherando vs Fort Hill, EV, Louisa. I think they could all be great games. I think Dinwiddie will handle JM ok. I think Jefferson Forest plays Magna Vista?

That's why they play the games on the field. Who knows what to expect from Monticello? New HC and some uncertainties. Those are the type of teams that concern me.

Wow, Magna Vista - JF . That should be a heck of a game.

One of the best games of the year is not a real game. Dinwiddie/LC Bird scrimmage. Wasn't much last year, but year before last was awesome. I'm expecting a similar war this year.

Reactions: wikki
depends on where you're from and how far you're willing to drive. I'm not good with more than an hour during the regular season.

Hanover vs Patrick Henry should be a good game for the folks in that area.

I think Kings Fork vs Great Bridge should be a good contest down that way. Of course, you don't have to travel far in the Hampton Roads area on any Friday night or Sat. afternoon to catch a good game.

Goochland travels to Essex in Aug I think. That should be a barn burner again. Not sure what each team lost to graduation, but they are just "reload" type programs.

The usual number of teams with new coaches always gets my curiosity up. I always want to see how the kids do in the first few games.

Doesn't Salem play Amherst this year? Sherando vs Martinsburg, Sherando vs Fort Hill, EV, Louisa. I think they could all be great games. I think Dinwiddie will handle JM ok. I think Jefferson Forest plays Magna Vista?

Yes amherst an Salem play wish I could say it's a must see. An if it was 6 or 7 years ago it be a barn burner defently game of the week. But who know now, from last few years results doesn't look good.

Reactions: wikki
Liberty-Bealeton scheduled a couple of interesting games for the next cycle. According to their athletic website they have:

9/4 @ Woodgrove
10/2 @ Courtland

The class of 2015 will have left a big hole to fill. Not sure if they will be ready for these two high quality 4A teams. Can't wait for Friday nights again!

Reactions: anon_vu6vqwsr4nf3b
Liberty-Bealeton scheduled a couple of interesting games for the next cycle. According to their athletic website they have:

9/4 @ Woodgrove
10/2 @ Courtland

The class of 2015 will have left a big hole to fill. Not sure if they will be ready for these two high quality 4A teams. Can't wait for Friday nights again!

Woodgrove has been coming on strong the last few years. They play tough teams in NOVA all season and do very well. Courtland could do something special this year. Senior team with a plethora of DI kids in the skill positions. But LB is always a very well Coached, pure power team that brings it every week. NO ONE beats them easily. They will be good games indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT